Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 309

Thread: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

  1. #221
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by 61 Electric Bron-Yr-Aur View Post
    Why doesn't Obama have the stones to advocate for the legalization of gay marriage or abolish marriage altogether?

    He's not only a vacuous fool, but ostensibly he's a coward as well.
    He has stated he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. So why would you say he doesn't have the "stones to advocate for legalization of gay marriage"? Of course, so you can attack him.

  2. #222
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I understand that argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy. You, apparently, do not. If, however, you are arguing from an angle purely of practicality, then it still fails because laws are changing to become more tolerant of homosexuals. Do you deny this?


    Genetics is a red herring, so is your slippery slope fallacy.
    I know its easier to pretend by falsly classifying an arguement you don't
    Have to answer but it won't get you around reality. Gay marriage is 0-31

    Even during the biggest election win for liberals it still went down. Do you
    Deny this?

    And you are once again inncorrect in your futile attempt to falsly classify an arguement
    Instead of having the courage to address it. You want to change the law.
    I'm asking you for factual backing supporting your argument to change
    The law and your only response is an emotional one which is a true logical
    Fallacy. When you have reasoning beyond an emotional arguement and
    Actually have factual evidence that homosexuality is more than a lifestyle
    Choice let us know.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-27-10 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    555

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    He has stated he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. So why would you say he doesn't have the "stones to advocate for legalization of gay marriage"? Of course, so you can attack him.
    It's a step in that direction without saying it is. Besides, his word is worthless. He's blatantly lied to the American people more times than Willie Mays was an All-Star.

  4. #224
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ah...CaptainCourtesy...moderator extraordinaire...the all knowing voice of reason...
    This is true. Good for you to realize that.

    No one is complaining about the executive order and if you werent so stuck on your own need to be right you would see that.
    Actually, YOU are complaining about the executive order and if you actually read and admitted to what you wrote, YOU'D see that.

    This executive order is of itself biased. It doesnt address 'all' poor picked on critters...it only addresses homosexuals. Strike one.
    So what? It's up to those other "poor picked on critters" to fight their own battles. That's your first failure.

    It doesnt have much by way of value or import...strike two.
    Of course it does. It does exactly what it states. That is your SECOND failure. You're on a roll.

    And finally...using for example the article posted that illustrated the plight of gay partners...it only addresses conscious and cognizant adult patients in their visitation and consultation rights. It does nothing for people in comas or that are mentally incapacitated...that still requires a legal will...an option that already EXISTS. Strike three.
    And that is irrelevant. It still closes a loophole that can be used to prevent gay partners from visitation. Good. Now your failure is complete.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #225
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,981

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Gay marriage is 0-31

    Even during the biggest election win for liberals it still went down. Do you
    Deny this?
    It's a slow and arduous war that has its wins and its losses, just like most struggles. Sometimes it can seem pretty bleak until you consider that twenty years ago there were no states at all where gay marriage was permitted and even considering the notion was preposterous.

    The rest of your post is gibberish and can be safely ignored.

  6. #226
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    01-16-18 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is true. Good for you to realize that.

    Actually, YOU are complaining about the executive order and if you actually read and admitted to what you wrote, YOU'D see that.

    So what? It's up to those other "poor picked on critters" to fight their own battles. That's your first failure.

    Of course it does. It does exactly what it states. That is your SECOND failure. You're on a roll.

    And that is irrelevant. It still closes a loophole that can be used to prevent gay partners from visitation. Good. Now your failure is complete.
    Hilarious. Keep your day job...k?

    The ONLY possible thing of import would be number three...which this doesnt touch. Failure? Yeah...will you send me the autographed copy of your book?

    The ONLY thing that bothers me is how easily people are conned by shiny sparklies.

  7. #227
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hilarious. Keep your day job...k?

    The ONLY possible thing of import would be number three...which this doesnt touch. Failure? Yeah...will you send me the autographed copy of your book?

    The ONLY thing that bothers me is how easily people are conned by shiny sparklies.
    Let me know when you come up with an argument that counters anything I've said, because, so far, you've shown NOTHING. I know that sucks for you, but reality sometimes does.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,311

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    I don't have a problem with this. If someone in the hospital has a gay partner, they should be allowed to visit the sick person. Don't see why this should be a problem. Hail, ANYONE in the hospital should be allowed to pick who gets to visit them, IMO, whether that person is family or not.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #229
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by 61 Electric Bron-Yr-Aur View Post
    Besides, his word is worthless. He's blatantly lied to the American people more times than Willie Mays was an All-Star.
    Any examples?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  10. #230
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    01-16-18 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Let me know when you come up with an argument that counters anything I've said, because, so far, you've shown NOTHING. I know that sucks for you, but reality sometimes does.
    You know what is really hilarious? That you think you have actually made points.

    Hey Cap...I just asked Obama...he agreed to work in an executive order making it legal for you to continue wearing pink polka dot thongs. OK...I know it does nothing because it changes nothing...but hey...it will show you that he cares!

    What a great way to boost sagging poll numbers! Oh...look...another sparkly!

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •