Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 309

Thread: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

  1. #181
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You have to prove it is more than a choice and you cannot.
    Um...no, I don't. This is all really in your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Of course it is. The cornerstone of the civil rights movement was descriminating against people who could not help who they are ie race or gender. Nothing like that exists for homosexuality.
    Is there something that you've read from Women's Suffrage and the Civil Rights Movement that I have not? If so, I'd be honestly curious to see it myself. If not, then all you are doing is taking facts that you have conveniently (and fallaciously) correlated to support your view against gay marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    They have more options yes. That doesn't change the public feeling on gay marriage when put to a vote.
    Ah, I see that you didn't find the "they're protected by law" argument working too well for you, as you have now switched to the argumentum ad populum fallacy. That won't work for you either, but if that's what you want to hitch your wagon to, have at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So any sexual identification can be brought forth under that same criteria. I don't have to explain why I prefer children or marrying multiple people because you've just claimed I don't have to.
    Oh, lord, are you equating homosexuality to incest and polygamy now? You have no mental discipline. Your thoughts and your arguments are all over the place.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Because you cannot relate religion protected under the Constitution and recognized as a choice but protected under the law with homosexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you want to claim religion and homosexuality are the same, please explain how.
    Um, I never said they were the same.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 04-16-10 at 07:36 PM.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    Actually it doesn't since its written into the Constitution. Homosexuality is not.
    Gender discrimination is in the Constitution and SCOTUS has ruled marriage to be a right.

  3. #183
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Can you enter a legally binding contract to buy a car on your own at age 16 from a car dealer when you are not emancipated? No, because you can't enter a legally binding contract.

    Can you join the military at age 16 when you are not emancipated? No, you cannot because you cannot enter a legally binding contract.
    You lost, deal with it.
    LOL I just proved you can in some circumstances.

    You may not be able to buy a car but you can get a job, have your roles defined and a salary also defined with a private company ie a work contract.

    You lost 3 pages ago. Deal with that

    But if you want to keep digging a hole, go right ahead.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #184
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Gender discrimination is in the Constitution and SCOTUS has ruled marriage to be a right.
    Wrong again. Gender specifically not homosexuality. The law was based on racial marriage of one man to one woman. You are dishonestly trying to broaden the verdict to an area never covered.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL I just proved you can in some circumstances.
    No, you didn't because they are not legal binding contracts.

    Again, you lost.

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL I just proved you can in some circumstances.

    You may not be able to buy a car but you can get a job, have your roles defined and a salary also defined with a private company ie a work contract.

    You lost 3 pages ago. Deal with that

    But if you want to keep digging a hole, go right ahead.
    You did not prove anything. The link you provided did not address the labor laws that apply to minors. It was for adults that can enter into a legally binding contract.

  7. #187
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Um...no, I don't. This is all really in your head.
    No it is not. I accept you can't live up to the requirments.

    Is there something that you've read from Women's Suffrage and the Civil Rights Movement that I have not? If so, I'd be honestly curious to see it myself. If not, then all you are doing is taking facts that you have conveniently (and fallaciously) correlated to support your view against gay marriage.
    Why because I wont allow you to pretend gender which is clearly defined as a genetic trait is completely unrelated to homosexuality in any way shape or form?

    Ah, I see that you didn't find the "they're protected by law" argument working too well for you, as you have now switched to the argumentum ad populum fallacy. That won't work for you either, but if that's what you want to hitch your wagon to, have at it.
    I didn't switch anything. You want to change the law. I am showing you the will of the people is not with you to change the law. How is that so hard for you to understand?

    Oh, lord, are you equating homosexuality to incest and polygamy now? You have no mental discipline. Your thoughts and your arguments are all over the place.
    I see you are going to need to be spoonfed. I am equating your lack of specific requirements for changing the law based on your general claims of homosexual acceptance can be expanded to any number of sexual orientations. I wish you would actually stop and think about your argument even if its only for a second.

    Um, I never said they were the same.
    Then why are you trying to relate them?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #188
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You did not prove anything. The link you provided did not address the labor laws that apply to minors. It was for adults that can enter into a legally binding contract.
    Where does it say it only applies to adults?


    Do I have to explain again how underage kids can get a job at a supermarket?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Wrong again. Gender specifically not homosexuality.
    Last I checked homosexuals were for the most part of the same gender.

    The law was based on racial marriage of one man to one woman. You are dishonestly trying to broaden the verdict to an area never covered.
    So rights are unequal now? Where is that in the Constitution?

  10. #190
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Last I checked homosexuals were for the most part of the same gender.
    How does gender tie into homosexuality?

    So rights are unequal now? Where is that in the Constitution?
    No one is equating rights with homosexuality in the law.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •