Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 309

Thread: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

  1. #161
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So why can a woman do what a man cannot do, marry a man, legally?
    Why can't a man marry a child? Why can't a man marry multiple people? Because it isn't recognized by the state.

    I thought part of your argument was based on genetics. Is being Methodist pre determined by genetics?
    Homosexuality and religion are not a equal comparison. You might as well compare horses to fish. How you think you got to this honestly is humorous but still wrong.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #162
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Except that civil rights did not focus on race before the 1940's and was "only" about gender. But then it was about race. And now it is about sexual preference. History changes.
    Yet there must be some basis to quantify it as civil rights. Blacks had race and females had gender. Both are proven characteristics that cannot be changed. To pretend homosexuality deserves this classification you must be able to prove what they have proven and you can't.

    And now the laws are changing. Next?
    I wouldn't call 0-32 a law changing path.

    The main thrust of your argument stems from the historical fallacy, which doesn't serve you very well. Perhaps you can see why from the above.
    there is no fallacy in the genetic absolution of race and gender. To pretend homosexuality deserves this same distinction without evidence is your own fallacy.

    And what happened to the genetics argument. Did that suddenly just not matter anymore?
    It hasn't gone anywhere. Religion is not genetic nor did I ever claim it to be. You simply tried to falsely relate two separate subjects since you cannot disprove what I said about homosexuality.
    Last edited by texmaster; 04-16-10 at 07:09 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Why can't a man marry a child?
    Well for one thing a child is not allowed to enter in to a legally binding contract.

    Homosexuality and religion are not a equal comparison. You might as well compare horses to fish. How you think you got to this honestly is humorous but still wrong.
    So your argument is not about being born genetically gay?

  4. #164
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well for one thing a child is not allowed to enter in to a legally binding contract.
    LOL Really. Then explain how I worked as a bag boy for a supermarket at 16?

    So your argument is not about being born genetically gay?
    I'm not following where you are going. Religion and race or genetics are as different as taxes and wildlife preservation.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Really. Then explain how I worked as a bag boy for a supermarket at 16?

    You couldn't or did not have the skills for a better gig?

    Oh and you did not enter into a legally binding contract.

    I'm not following where you are going. Religion and race or genetics are as different as taxes and wildlife preservation.
    Religion is a civil rights issue in that the government can not discriminate based on religion. And that under cuts your genetic argument about gays.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Really. Then explain how I worked as a bag boy for a supermarket at 16?
    Working as a bag boy is not a binding contract, but then you already know that.

  7. #167
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Do you remember the names he was called in here? Do you remember how a president of the U.S. was treated? Do you remember that some on the left wnated him murdered.....Did you know the left actually made a movie on killing him

    Do you remember how the left treated a rela hero General Petraeus? What did they call him? General Betrayus..........
    God Dammit Navy. Most of "the left" was kinda pissed about that commercial as I remember it. How about not pulling out something some asshole does and try and attribute it to the whole group. You really don't want to go down that road, since there are no shortage of assholes on the right too.

    This whole playing stupid politics games, trying to demonize by association any one you don't agree with is getting really old. Give it a rest and try and talk about, I dunno, the issues themselves...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #168
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yet there must be some basis to quantify it as civil rights. Blacks had race and females had gender.
    ...and gays have sexual preference. Sexual preference doesn't need to be identical to race any more than race needed to be identical to gender to still qualify its holders as being denied civil liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Both are proven characteristics that cannot be changed.
    Which is completely irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I wouldn't call 0-32 a law changing path.
    Would you agree that gays have more protections in the law than they did, say, twenty years ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    there is no fallacy in the genetic absolution of race and gender. To pretend homosexuality deserves this same distinction without evidence is your own fallacy.
    Again, completely irrelevant to whether homosexuals are or are not in fact denied civil liberties. Homosexuals don't have to prove to you or anyone else that they were born homosexual.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It hasn't gone anywhere. Religion is not genetic nor did I ever claim it to be. You simply tried to falsely relate two separate subjects since you cannot disprove what I said about homosexuality.
    Without moving on to another topic, try to stick to your own logic: why, if genetics and choice are important distinctions for you in this debate, are religious people allowed civil liberties when other people who you claim to have just as much choice are not? You haven't shown at all how they are different, except by moving on to another topic which I have shown is changing (protection of the law).

  9. #169
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You couldn't or did not have the skills for a better gig?

    Oh and you did not enter into a legally binding contract.
    Actually I did. I was legally required to work for the pay I received.

    Try again.

    Religion is a civil rights issue in that the government can not discriminate based on religion. And that under cuts your genetic argument about gays.
    Actually it doesn't since its written into the Constitution. Homosexuality is not.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: gay partners should have hospital access

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually I did. I was legally required to work for the pay I received.

    Try again.
    It is NOT a legal binding contract. Try again.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •