Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 195

Thread: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

  1. #11
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Dude's never going to get elected. Palin 2012!
    He's a better candidate than Palin. Wrong mind you, but more qualified and more honest.

  2. #12
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He's a better candidate than Palin. Wrong mind you, but more qualified and more honest.
    I'm sure he's more qualified than Palin, but that's not exactly a hurdle! The GOP isn't going to nominate someone that believes people with HIV should be quarantined. I hope they nominate Palin. I hope Obama reduces her to tears in one of their debates.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He's a better candidate than Palin. Wrong mind you, but more qualified and more honest.
    Huckabee has almost no chance of getting past the primaries. Palin conceivably could. I think this whole thing was an attempt to appeal the the further right part of the republican base, and it's not going to work.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Anyone seen the Family Guy episode when Brian and Stewey are teleporting to different planes of existance (ala Sliders) and come upon the Disney Universe. Everything is wonderful and serene and absolutely perfect....and then a jew shows up and you suddenly realize "yeah this place is crazy" as they all go to kill him.

    Its kind of like that friend you met and began to hung out with for a while, seems cool, everything going well, then out of no where one day you head to the pool, he takes off his shirt, and there's a giant swaztica on his back and you're like "WTF".

    This is Mike Huckabee.

    Mike is one of those guys that on first glance and initially seemed like my ideal politician. He was rather well spoken with a "down to earth" kind of feel to it. He could speak like a preacher giving a sermon yet it was more teaching than lecturing. He had a pretty good sense of humor and was able to connect with pop culture and even laugh at himself (for example his times on The Colbert Report). He was for the Fair Tax. He seemed rather pragmatic and realistic when it came to the whole populism thing and not seeming "out for the corporation".

    Then one day you hear him say some nutball extreme religious right comment and you just kind of blink, rub your eyes, and go "Huwahhh?"

    Blindsided me when it first happened and now I just lament a guy that I think outside of that would've been such a good candidate.

  5. #15
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Anyone seen the Family Guy episode when Brian and Stewey are teleporting to different planes of existance (ala Sliders) and come upon the Disney Universe. Everything is wonderful and serene and absolutely perfect....and then a jew shows up and you suddenly realize "yeah this place is crazy" as they all go to kill him.

    Its kind of like that friend you met and began to hung out with for a while, seems cool, everything going well, then out of no where one day you head to the pool, he takes off his shirt, and there's a giant swaztica on his back and you're like "WTF".

    This is Mike Huckabee.

    Mike is one of those guys that on first glance and initially seemed like my ideal politician. He was rather well spoken with a "down to earth" kind of feel to it. He could speak like a preacher giving a sermon yet it was more teaching than lecturing. He had a pretty good sense of humor and was able to connect with pop culture and even laugh at himself (for example his times on The Colbert Report). He was for the Fair Tax. He seemed rather pragmatic and realistic when it came to the whole populism thing and not seeming "out for the corporation".

    Then one day you hear him say some nutball extreme religious right comment and you just kind of blink, rub your eyes, and go "Huwahhh?"

    Blindsided me when it first happened and now I just lament a guy that I think outside of that would've been such a good candidate.
    Best. Post. Ever.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #16
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    I'm sure he's more qualified than Palin, but that's not exactly a hurdle! The GOP isn't going to nominate someone that believes people with HIV should be quarantined. I hope they nominate Palin. I hope Obama reduces her to tears in one of their debates.
    I hope they nominate Palin as well. I really do.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Huckabee has almost no chance of getting past the primaries. Palin conceivably could. I think this whole thing was an attempt to appeal the the further right part of the republican base, and it's not going to work.
    Oh, I agree.

  8. #18
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,103

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Huckabee has attempted to maintain an image of a man who, while being opposed to gay marriage, is not a homophobe; however, given the recent statements by the former Republican Presidential candidate, this brings his opinion into question. If he is not a homophobe, why the attempt to demonize homosexuality in comparison with something as universally immoral as incest?
    gee wiz, maybe he's a Christian and therefore believes homosexuality (along with any form of sexual expression outside of a marriage) to be sinful?

  9. #19
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I hope they nominate Palin as well. I really do.
    He is more qualified then Barry to........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #20
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Palin will win a seat in the Senate in 2012 or 14.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •