Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 195

Thread: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

  1. #111
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank God we have a First Amendment to stop you from restricting free speech because you personally don't like it.........
    That's right, and we are a Christian nation too someone said, so we have the right to cast stones at those people different than ourselves............

    If it was good enough for our founding fathers who considered native Americans wild animals and slaves as only partially human, than its good enough for us!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #112
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Carnage View Post
    Ahaha.
    Never meant government control though, I should have specified. It is us who should not support this man for candidate, and then we don't have to hear him babble his homophobic comments.
    Or MAYBE he isnt "homophobic" (a dumbass word...if I disagree with liars am I liaphobic? I hate assholes that pull that card). MAYBE he simply believes that while being able to respect individuals and their individual decisions to live a homosexual lifestyle, he believes homosexuality is wrong and not deserving of redefining the marital laws and statutes. Maybe (in 1992 when his comments were made and we were still learning a great deal about HIV/AIDS) he actually was concerned by the fact that 5% of the population accounted for 90% of the HIV/AIDS cases in America. Of course...now that tolerance and a lack of proactive action regarding safe sex practices has created an environment where more and more people across the spectrum are dying from the AIDS disease then his concerns were OBVIOUSLY unfounded...

    Shame on him for answering questions honestly. I notice no one wants to touch Obamas reasons or Clintons reasons for why THEY oppose gay marriage...of course...they havent GIVEN one...so lets assume they are not driven by faith based decisions on homosexuality-because that would be terrible. Instead...lets just accept that Obama and Clinton for no good reason hate gays and dont wnat them to have marital rights.

  3. #113
    User The Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-26-10 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Or MAYBE he isnt "homophobic" (a dumbass word...if I disagree with liars am I liaphobic? I hate assholes that pull that card). MAYBE he simply believes that while being able to respect individuals and their individual decisions to live a homosexual lifestyle, he believes homosexuality is wrong and not deserving of redefining the marital laws and statutes. Maybe (in 1992 when his comments were made and we were still learning a great deal about HIV/AIDS) he actually was concerned by the fact that 5% of the population accounted for 90% of the HIV/AIDS cases in America. Of course...now that tolerance and a lack of proactive action regarding safe sex practices has created an environment where more and more people across the spectrum are dying from the AIDS disease then his concerns were OBVIOUSLY unfounded...

    Shame on him for answering questions honestly. I notice no one wants to touch Obamas reasons or Clintons reasons for why THEY oppose gay marriage...of course...they havent GIVEN one...so lets assume they are not driven by faith based decisions on homosexuality-because that would be terrible. Instead...lets just accept that Obama and Clinton for no good reason hate gays and dont wnat them to have marital rights.
    If you compare gay marriage with incest and drugs, you obviously don't have a mere disagreement with it, do you? But the right word to describe him isn't the point here.
    I personally do not think he is wrong by defending the actual marital laws, or being concerned by our health. I just want to believe there is some common sense left in us so we do not support a man with no respect at all to an individual that chose to lead a different life.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."
    -Douglas Adams

  4. #114
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That's right, and we are a Christian nation too someone said, so we have the right to cast stones at those people different than ourselves............

    If it was good enough for our founding fathers who considered native Americans wild animals and slaves as only partially human, than its good enough for us!
    Its really amazing how you lefties cite the first amendment on the issues unless it disagrees with your position.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #115
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Carnage View Post
    If you compare gay marriage with incest and drugs, you obviously don't have a mere disagreement with it, do you? But the right word to describe him isn't the point here.
    Then what's the point of calling him homophobic?
    Can you show that he actually fears homosexuals, or do you just want to insult him, thinking that ad homs equate to a reasoned argument?

    I just want to believe there is some common sense left in us so we do not support a man with no respect at all to an individual that chose to lead a different life.
    Wait... homosexuality -is- a choice now? When did THAT change?

  6. #116
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    MAYBE he simply believes that while being able to respect individuals and their individual decisions to live a homosexual lifestyle, he believes homosexuality is wrong and not deserving of redefining the marital laws and statutes.
    Nobody chooses to be gay, that's absurd. And suppose they did - why is that not a reason to change the laws? Laws are there for the people.

    Maybe (in 1992 when his comments were made and we were still learning a great deal about HIV/AIDS) he actually was concerned by the fact that 5% of the population accounted for 90% of the HIV/AIDS cases in America.
    And so we should bash people for having a high rate of a disease? Oh, and there are plenty of STDs going around among heteros.

    Of course...now that tolerance and a lack of proactive action regarding safe sex practices has created an environment where more and more people across the spectrum are dying from the AIDS disease then his concerns were OBVIOUSLY unfounded...
    What does that have to do with homosexuality though?

    Shame on him for answering questions honestly. I notice no one wants to touch Obamas reasons or Clintons reasons for why THEY oppose gay marriage...of course...they havent GIVEN one...
    Obama certainly has. He's just personally opposed to it on religious grounds.

    Okay, okay, but you're right - you can't just call anyone who opposes anything gays want "homophobic." Not automatically.

  7. #117
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its really amazing how you lefties cite the first amendment on the issues unless it disagrees with your position.........
    WTF did anyone say about free speech or lack thereof?

  8. #118
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Carnage View Post
    If you compare gay marriage with incest and drugs, you obviously don't have a mere disagreement with it, do you? But the right word to describe him isn't the point here.
    I personally do not think he is wrong by defending the actual marital laws, or being concerned by our health. I just want to believe there is some common sense left in us so we do not support a man with no respect at all to an individual that chose to lead a different life.
    Sure you do...if you compare the three you are saying you think they are WRONG. Mike Huckabee is a minister...he probably goes along with that whole biblical 'sin' thing. I know...I know...shocking.

    It isnt like he nis advocating they NOT be allowed to practice their lifestyle choice. He just believes it is wrong. and heres a news flash..>MOST people do.

    Ive asked this question of liberals in numerous forums...how many people WANT their sons to come home and announce they are gay? I get the same lame-ass response every time..."I just want them to be happy" Well...thats not exactly the same ****ing thing, is it. If your son gets engaged or is about to have a baby a man walks into a bar and shouts "Line em up!!! My boy is getting married!" If a man (or woman) finds out their son is gay how many rush down to the bar and loud and proud proclaim "its a banner day, boys! I just found out my son sucks cock!" Answer? You KNOW the answer. Oh...they will say ALL the 'right' things and even MEAN them...I would too. I love you...I want for your happiness...you are always my son...I will love you unconditionally and yes, even your partner...but...right? Nope...sorry.

    Many people ACCEPT others...their choices...as consenting adults...even though we disagree with their lifestyle and choices. There is no disrespect. Point of fact...I couldnt care less if you paid me to. But...if you then push this as a ballot issue on right or wrong, I, like Mike Huckabee, have no problem stating I believe it is wrong. Fine for them...but no plan to endorse change in marital and family definition for the action.

  9. #119
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nobody chooses to be gay, that's absurd. And suppose they did - why is that not a reason to change the laws? Laws are there for the people.



    And so we should bash people for having a high rate of a disease? Oh, and there are plenty of STDs going around among heteros.



    What does that have to do with homosexuality though?



    Obama certainly has. He's just personally opposed to it on religious grounds.

    Okay, okay, but you're right - you can't just call anyone who opposes anything gays want "homophobic." Not automatically.
    No one chooses to be sexually attracted to sheep...snakles...little boys. We EXPECT them to control their unexplainable sexual deviations. No one is SUGGESTING even a little bit that homosexuals should control what they do with a consenting partner. I couldnt give a **** to be blunt. Still doesnt make it right.

    Throw out religion. Science...nature...basics of procreation...facts about percentages of gay HIV/AIDS victims...they ALL stand as a pretty solid indictment on the practice of homosexuality.

  10. #120
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ive asked this question of liberals in numerous forums...how many people WANT their sons to come home and announce they are gay?
    WTF does that have to do with anything though?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •