Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 195

Thread: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

  1. #101
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its just how people on the left can take 2 situations like Hillary and Palin and defend one and criticize the other.....You say Hillary quit to run for president........I say that Palin quit to become one of the leaders of the tea party and it would be hard for her to do that as Governor......

    Its amazing how people on the left hate this woman because she is a conservative.........Its actually very sad........
    What does Clinton being a male slut have to do with me disliking Palin because she dishonored every person who voted for her when she resigned to make money? I can dislike Palin while still believing Clinton was an ass.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  2. #102
    User The Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-26-10 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    People shouldn't be able to say these things publicly and expect to get away with it. Seriously, comparing gay marriage with incest and drugs?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."
    -Douglas Adams

  3. #103
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,691

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Carnage View Post
    People shouldn't be able to say these things publicly and expect to get away with it. Seriously, comparing gay marriage with incest and drugs?
    I hear Venezuala is a pretty good place to go where the government will help control what you can say publicly. You should try there.

    Of course...an ordained minister like Mike Huckabee should not honestly respond to questions. He should simply accept that since this movement towards tolerence and acceptance we have seen and continue to see increases in pregancy and infection rates at all levels...teen pregnancies, doubling of syphilis infections, doubling of HIV/AIDS in teen boys, doubling of ghonorea rates, etc etc etc and that those increases are actually a GOOD thing.

    Go back to the point made earlier...Huckabee (who I do NOT support as a candidate) honestly stated WHY he is opposed to gay marriage. Obama opposes gay marriage. Clinton opposed gay marriage. For the same reasons? Or for political expediancy?

    Shame on Huckabee. Hurrah for Obama and Clinton and all the democrats that blindly oppose gay marriage.

  4. #104
    User The Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-26-10 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I hear Venezuela is a pretty good place to go where the government will help control what you can say publicly. You should try there.
    Ahaha.
    Never meant government control though, I should have specified. It is us who should not support this man for candidate, and then we don't have to hear him babble his homophobic comments.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."
    -Douglas Adams

  5. #105
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Huckabee has attempted to maintain an image of a man who, while being opposed to gay marriage, is not a homophobe
    Phobia:
    -an anxiety disorder characterized by extreme and irrational fear of simple things or social situations

    Given that few, if any people have a fear of homosexuals, estreme or otherwise, this is probably the case.

    however, given the recent statements by the former Republican Presidential candidate, this brings his opinion into question. If he is not a homophobe, why the attempt to demonize homosexuality in comparison with something as universally immoral as incest?
    I question the premise of your argument -- how do these things necessitate that Huckabee has an extreme fear of homosexuals?

    And... universally immoral? You -sure- you want to go down that road?
    Given this and his other declarations, it is clear that our good Governor Huckabee has neglected to read the vast majority of unbiased, scientific studies which conclude that homosexuality is psychologically sound
    Homosexuality is psychologically sound? What is that supposed to mean?
    Who has claimed that it is unsound - and what would it mean if it were?

    making him not only ignorant of the facts, but perhaps a little more homophobic than he would like to admit.
    This is just more of the typical, unsupportable petty sniping at people who, for whatever reason of their choosing, are not accepting of homoseuality.

    Those that -are- accepting of homosexuality and cannot accept the idea that some people may have a view that differs feel the need to try to belitte their opposition by simply, and unsupportably, declaring that the oppositon is afraid.

    Seems to me that if you have a solid foundation for your position, you dont need to resort to such sophistry.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Carnage View Post
    People shouldn't be able to say these things publicly and expect to get away with it. Seriously, comparing gay marriage with incest and drugs?
    Thank God we have a First Amendment to stop you from restricting free speech because you personally don't like it.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thank God we have a First Amendment to stop you from restricting free speech because you personally don't like it.........
    There are libel and slander laws though

  8. #108
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There are libel and slander laws though
    So sue me.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #109
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Thats not soft on crime, thats just making a huge **** up. Its not like the thug didnt go to jail.
    To a Republican, it's soft on crime. If Huckabee were a Democrat, they'd be all over that like white on rice. (Doesn't apply to brown rice).

  10. #110
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs, and polygamy

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    To a Republican, it's soft on crime. If Huckabee were a Democrat, they'd be all over that like white on rice. (Doesn't apply to brown rice).
    Which is to bad really. Much healthier.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •