Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 365

Thread: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

  1. #161
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Well, continue them until they expire next year, and then we all get a nice tax increase.
    I understand that The Obama will keep GWB's middle- and lower-class tax cuts.

  2. #162
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    One thing seems certain, both parties agree: The 2001 income tax cuts will be extended for everyone else — that is, for the roughly 98 percent of households in which couples have less than $250,000 in annual income or individuals earn less than $200,000.
    Wait... GWB cut taxes for 98% of working families?
    I thought GWB only cut taxes for the rich?
    That was a lie?

  3. #163
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    I don't recall you discussing that back then.
    The bulk of the anti-war rallies were long before I came an active poster here.


    Is there a reason to be this antagonistic? Sure, tell me why are you against the tea party?
    Because I disagree with their politics, I think they tone they're taking is dangerously antagonistic, I don't think they cull the crazies from their ranks, and because they don't seem to have a handle on all the facts.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  4. #164
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Wait... GWB cut taxes for 98% of working families?
    I thought GWB only cut taxes for the rich?
    That was a lie?
    His tax cuts helped the rich more. It was larger for them.

    The tax cuts enacted in recent years have gone disproportionately to high-income Americans. In 2007, the 0.3 percent of households with incomes above $1 million received about $120,000, on average, from the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, according to estimates by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center. In contrast, households in the middle of the income spectrum received tax cuts averaging $740. The Tax Policy Center estimates also show that the tax cuts represent a larger fraction of income for high-income households than for low- or middle-income households, a clear indication of these tax cuts’ regressivity.

    Tax Cuts: Myths and Realities — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

  5. #165
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    His tax cuts helped the rich more. It was larger for them.
    Wow. Such a partisan bigot that you STILL try to demean GWB for the tax cuts that you, out the other side of your mouth, champion.

    Fact:
    The Obama didnt cut taxes for 98% of working families, GWB did.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Wow. Such a partisan bigot that you STILL try to demean GWB for the tax cuts that you, out the other side of your mouth, champion.

    Fact:
    The Obama didnt cut taxes for 98% of working families, GWB did.
    To be honest, I haven't championed any of them. I merely pointed out a lie. The posted said all. He's incorrect about that. You jumped in with your own misunderstanding.

  7. #167
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Wow. Such a partisan bigot that you STILL try to demean GWB for the tax cuts that you, out the other side of your mouth, champion.

    Fact:
    The Obama didnt cut taxes for 98% of working families, GWB did.
    What would you accept as a valid source? Would Factcheck.org or politifact work?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  8. #168
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    What would you accept as a valid source? Would Factcheck.org or politifact work?
    A valid source for what?

    The Obama is -keeping- GWB's cuts for families making under $250K
    Those cuts, as noted, cut taxes for 98% of working families.

    The only question here is why is The Obamanation champining tax cuts that they claimed, from their inception, were only for the rich?

    The answer to that? Partisan bigotry.

  9. #169
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    A valid source for what?

    The Obama is -keeping- GWB's cuts for families making under $250K
    Those cuts, as noted, cut taxes for 98% of working families.

    The only question here is why is The Obamanation champining tax cuts that they claimed, from their inception, were only for the rich?

    The answer to that? Partisan bigotry.
    Obama has instituted several tax cuts of his own, and those are the ones I'm referencing. He cuts taxes himself, not just kept the previous ones.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  10. #170
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Oklahoma Tea Party Plans To Form Armed Militia

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Obama has instituted several tax cuts of his own, and those are the ones I'm referencing. He cuts taxes himself, not just kept the previous ones.


    Citizens for Tax Justice, a self-described non-partisan organization, released a report on Tuesday that read: "The 2009 economic stimulus bill actually reduced federal income taxes for tax year 2009 for 98 percent of all working families and individuals." This total includes the 95 percent of working families that will or have received tax credits in the range of $400 to $800.

    Tax Day Fact Check: Most Americans Got A Tax Cut This Year

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •