Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 309

Thread: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

  1. #21
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,144

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'll never understand this. If that's what two people wanna do, let em. Not as if they're forcing you to be gay.
    no one's stopping them. they're just saying you can't make us support it.

  2. #22
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no one's stopping them. they're just saying you can't make us support it.
    You don't have to support it! You can go on marrying people of the opposite gender and disliking gay marriage all you want. I also don't have to approve of interacial marriage. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

    Oh yes texmaster. I went there.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #23
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    The evidence suggests there is.
    No, it doesn't. Feel free to post it.

    Can't say I blame people who come out of the closet late it life. And short of some brainwashed Christians that attended a straight camp, people don't turn hetero, unless they were bi in the first place.
    Thats all theory and no fact behind it.

    Blaming Christianity is a very weak argument unless you want to conclude all people who "come out" are Christians.

    Michael Jackson.
    A funny joke but thats all it is and you know it.

    And I said White to Black not Black to White specifically to avoid that ridiculous notion.

    I don't really see how being black is a biological activity.
    It isn't. Its genetic as I said.

    People are gay because of who they are attracted to, not what they do. A celibate gay is still gay.
    Pedophiles are attracted to children. Should we grant them marriage privileges as well?

    The attracted to argument is not a basis for designing new law when you can't even prove its not a choice.
    Last edited by texmaster; 04-13-10 at 12:55 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #24
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    You don't have to support it! You can go on marrying people of the opposite gender and disliking gay marriage all you want. I also don't have to approve of interacial marriage. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

    Oh yes texmaster. I went there.
    You can go there as much as you like. It still has no basis in fact
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #25
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,144

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    You don't have to support it!
    hmmmm, except that we live in a society ruled by a representative government. what that government does, WE are doing; and what the government supports, WE are supporting. now everyone's not going to come to an agreement (IE; you might personally not support the war in Iraq even as your taxes go to 'actually' support it) about what we want to do, which is why we vote. What i am pointing out is that the American people have the right to choose not to support the institution of homosexual marriage via their government.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Didn't California all ready strike down gay marriage? Homosexual unions aren't marriage not should they be recognized as such. They already struck this down, and it seems they are trying to have it voted on in each election until it passes.

  7. #27
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No, it doesn't. Feel free to post it.
    Don't you hate when a post all of a sudden requires much more energy than you wanted to give it? It'd be so sweet if I could just post the studies and you would agree. But that won't happen. You'll claim they aren't valid, won't you?

    Thats all theory and no fact behind it.

    Blaming Christianity is a very weak argument unless you want to conclude all people who "come out" are Christians.
    And what facts do you have to support your claim that people change their preference from exclusively homo to exclusively hetero?

    A funny joke but thats all it is and you know it.

    And I said White to Black not Black to White specifically to avoid that ridiculous notion.
    Pretty much! I wouldn't really want to disprove it anyway, since my entire point is that people can't change the way you are.

    But it was a little funny.

    Pedophiles are attracted to children. Should we grant them marriage privileges as well?

    The attracted to argument is not a basis for designing new law when you can't even prove its not a choice.
    Well that's silly. Children can't enter into contracts!
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  8. #28
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    hmmmm, except that we live in a society ruled by a representative government. what that government does, WE are doing; and what the government supports, WE are supporting. now everyone's not going to come to an agreement (IE; you might personally not support the war in Iraq even as your taxes go to 'actually' support it) about what we want to do, which is why we vote. What i am pointing out is that the American people have the right to choose not to support the institution of homosexual marriage via their government.
    We live in a federal republic, created partially to protect the rights of the minorities from the views of the majority. As you saw from that graph that was posted, the majority of people didn't approve of interacial marriage until fairly recently. Does that mean it shouldn't have been allowed until the 90s?
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No, it doesn't. Feel free to post it.
    This has been done ad naeuseum. You claim it's not proof, we point out that you are right, but it is evidence to suggest a possibility, and then we get in long drawn out arguments that get silly. There is evidence of a genetic link, and stronger evidence that orientation id formed at least very early, possibly as far back as conception.



    Thats all theory and no fact behind it.

    Blaming Christianity is a very weak argument unless you want to conclude all people who "come out" are Christians.
    And we have had this argument more than once. You still confuse orientation with acts. A gay person can end up in long term heterosexual relationships(and vice versa). A gay person realizing they are gay late in life, or a gay person realizing that they are strait does not indicate a change of orientation, but a realization of orientation.

    Pedophiles are attracted to children. Should we grant them marriage privileges as well?

    The attracted to argument is not a basis for designing new law when you can't even prove its not a choice.
    And the traditional appeal to emotion. We are talking about gay people, not pedophiles. You forgot to mention bestiality and polygamy to complete the trifecta, but I suspect you are saving those.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,997

    Re: Gay Marriage Fails to get on California Ballot

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There is no basis in genetics or any boilogical evidence to support your claim.

    There are people who have gone from being heterosexual to homosexual and vise versa.

    Haven't seen one person go from white to black.


    And the sexual biological reaction to stimulus always results in the same outcome. The body prepares for procreation, a purely heterosexual act and the only way to pass genetic material from one generation to another naturally. Homosexuality has no basis in either genetics or biological sexual reaction which is why you cannot equate it to either race or heterosexuality as being equal.
    I've seen plenty of people go from being Christian to atheist. And atheist to Christian. One Christian denomination to another. Heck we even have Jews for Jesus. We protect someone's right to switch religions anytime they feel like it, and there is certainly no doubt that religion is a choice. So how come it is always argued that a person's sexuality is not protected as a civil right because it is a choice, unlike race, yet religion is specifically listed as being protected and it is most definitely a choice? In fact, according to your argument, it should be legal to make limits on marrying outside a person's religion then? As long as the majority wants it, why not? I'm sure there are communities where there would be a lot of support for such a measure.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •