Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99

Thread: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    kind of like being an avowed racist and being repeatedly re-elected to the senate in north carolina
    bobby kkk byrd's from west virginia, not carolina

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Is your grandfather protesting his Medicare?
    My grandfather isn't on Medicare; he has private health insurance and is a retired Navy veteran (he is entitled to VA care as well). He is just protesting the expansion of government, as is my friend's mother, and several other decent folks I know. None of them are racists or extremists. They are just regular people who are voicing their concern. People like Dana think they're extremists, though...

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Well of course.

    Didn't you know that they hand out sheets at every tea party rally while giving artistic lessons on how to depict Obama as Hitler while cheerleaders in outfits based off the Stars and Bars, because you know southerners are racist and tea partiers are racists, lead people in chanting cheers that the entire group participate in about how Obama is a socialist fascist Hilteresque antichrist that was born in Kenyan and is a radically muslim whose primary influence was a twisted racist black christian.

    I mean...people who continually do nothing but bash Tea Parties at every step of the way say that's the case so that must be true.

    Why do your grandparents hate america?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I can only tell you what I saw with my own eyes this year. This is not the same Tea Party that existed in 2008. And, hell yes. I am going to continue to call it, not only as I see it, but how they themselves are portraying themselves. They are no different than the loonies at the other end of the spectrum.
    Oh boy! You saw some jerks in Texas acting a fool, so that must mean every single "tea party" rally is full of racists and extremists. You sound oh-so-credible, too...very believable and objective source you are...

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    did you know that bobby byrd was the final speaker in richard russell's filibuster of the civil rights act of '64 that was broken by everett dirksen's freedom-loving leadership?

    tsk tsk

    racism is rude

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    more republicans proportionally voted for this landmark move on the road to racial equality than assented those in mike mansfield's kkk-crammed caucus

    it is what it is

    ted kennedy was a drunk driver who killed a girl, left her for dead and tried to establish an alibi

    party on, progressives

    be PROUD!
    Last edited by The Prof; 04-13-10 at 02:32 PM.

  6. #66
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're right. The idiotic fringe of it traded CFR, 9/11 truthers, and Fascist George Bush the Nazi alarmists for secret muslim, birthers, and socialist Barack Obama the nazi alarmists.

    And both then and now had people related to the likes of the KKK supporting it.

    Of course, you had no problems with it then. Back when the main contingent of the base was supporting it, back when Ron Paul was the main focus of it, you never said a bad word about it. That would've meant having to turn in your Ron Paul loyalist card. But now suddenly you must speak out at every mention of those horrible evil conspiracy theorist racist bigots.

    So CFR, Fascist, 9/11 inside job, Nazi, KKK is okay by Dana but Muslim, Socialist, birther, Nazi, KKK is a horrible thing that must be talked about and insulted every moment possible.

    Gotcha.
    Here is where you are being dishonest. When Bush was in office, I trashed those who called Bush Nazi, and said that 9/11 was an inside job. You make it appear as if I supported that. This is just downright dishonest of you.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well of course.

    Didn't you know that they hand out sheets at every tea party rally while giving artistic lessons on how to depict Obama as Hitler while cheerleaders in outfits based off the Stars and Bars, because you know southerners are racist and tea partiers are racists, lead people in chanting cheers that the entire group participate in about how Obama is a socialist fascist Hilteresque antichrist that was born in Kenyan and is a radically muslim whose primary influence was a twisted racist black christian.

    I mean...people who continually do nothing but bash Tea Parties at every step of the way say that's the case so that must be true.

    Why do your grandparents hate america?
    That's a good question. Allow me to clarify...

    You see, my grand-pappy is just a right-wing extremist nutbag. His whole working life, he's dedicated himself to supporting the electric-workers union, ostensibly, a blue-collar, working class organization, but, in actuality, a front for radical right-wing zealots!!!

    The indoctrination process started soon after he retired from the Navy and moved into a working class neighborhood with his wife and two children. He learned to despise all left-wing ideology and activities whilst a member of the union; he was a clandestine supporter of the Pinochet regime, if I'm not mistaken; I think he might have had a hand in the Iran-Contra affair, as well...

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is where you are being dishonest. When Bush was in office, I trashed those who called Bush Nazi, and said that 9/11 was an inside job. You make it appear as if I supported that. This is just downright dishonest of you.
    Congratulations! You want a medal or something!?

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is where you are being dishonest. When Bush was in office, I trashed those who called Bush Nazi, and said that 9/11 was an inside job. You make it appear as if I supported that. This is just downright dishonest of you.
    You gave a token amount of time to condemning those things, not near the incessant, constant, continually, perpetual insults and attacks you make against the Tea Parties. And even when you did do it it was rarely in any way referencing the Ron Paul campaign or their grass roots supporters that were doing it. All of which is laughable when you claim that the reason you so incessantly attack Republicans is because of "policing your own".

    There are fringe idiots in any movement. There are people that will glom onto any movement. The KKK LOVED Ron Paul, yet I hardly ever see you continually bring up the KKK when you talked about Paul supporters...but you LOVE to bring it up with the Tea Partiers. Your experience with the tea party, lets even assume its true, seems to be GRAVELY at odd with the experiences with the vast majority of posters here that have participated in them...and yet rather than think yours is the anamoly you somehow thing the whole and large of them all are either liars or THEY are the anamoly.

  10. #70
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You gave a token amount of time to condemning those things, not near the incessant, constant, continually, perpetual insults and attacks you make against the Tea Parties. And even when you did do it it was rarely in any way referencing the Ron Paul campaign or their grass roots supporters that were doing it. All of which is laughable when you claim that the reason you so incessantly attack Republicans is because of "policing your own".

    There are fringe idiots in any movement. There are people that will glom onto any movement. The KKK LOVED Ron Paul, yet I hardly ever see you continually bring up the KKK when you talked about Paul supporters...but you LOVE to bring it up with the Tea Partiers. Your experience with the tea party, lets even assume its true, seems to be GRAVELY at odd with the experiences with the vast majority of posters here that have participated in them...and yet rather than think yours is the anamoly you somehow thing the whole and large of them all are either liars or THEY are the anamoly.
    1) Yes, the KKK did love Ron Paul, and Ron Paul condemned them. And, as I said before, the Tea Partiers condemned the KKK'ers when they showed up too. So what? That is just a red herring you are attempting to throw out there.

    2)
    Your experience with the tea party, lets even assume its true.....
    You just called me a liar. I will let this one pass.

    3) Here is the real meat of my argument. Ron Paul, in his campaign, was upbeat at all times, not trashing his opponents with lies and calling them Nazis, but telling Americans that they were capable of transforming this nation into something better. In fact, one of his slogans was "Hope for America", which the Obama campaign seemed to have conveniently stolen.

    But don't take my word for it. Ask Vauge. He and I met up at a Ron Paul rally, and he will tell you the exact same thing I just told you about him.

    So what is the difference between the Paul campaign and today's Tea Partiers? While the Tea Partiers spend their time talking trash, those who worked on Paul's campaign worked on solutions, built solid platforms, and stayed on message. Now you might disagree with some of what Ron Paul wanted to do, and may consider some of it "out there", but at least he was sending a positive message, and presenting a solution, rather than just talking trash.
    Last edited by danarhea; 04-13-10 at 05:15 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •