Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I already have. Twice.

    You ignored it as you always do when you get caught.
    No, you caught me responding to polls others cited. It's a rather unsubtle difference.

    I find it hilarious that hardly a thread goes by where you don't shout "LIER!" at me, and have yet to prove it. You really need to try a new schtick.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    C'mon Redress, you know very well this is a straw man. Are you really going to go around to every thread about a poll and say "hey, who cares, this poll isn't making a law!"?
    When the poll is about the popularity of a law, probably. We don't make laws based on polling data. You know as well as I that if it was a republican president and congress passing an unpopular law(it happens), and a democrat posting the poll numbers, the first thing Tex and that bunch would do is explain how we do not govern by polls. Hell, President Bush the younger specifically used that line.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you caught me responding to polls others cited. It's a rather unsubtle difference.
    Wrong again. I gave you two examples of you being the direct instigator of the poll you cited.

    Once again for everyone to see:



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058480092

    Your quote:

    Another indicator:



    Source: CNN poll: Generations disagree on same-sex marriage - CNN.com

    Younger people are in favor of gay marriage. The older people most opposed are going to be out of the picture soon, while those who support are growing. I think it is an inevitability, the only question being how long it will take. The attitudes in this country towards gays has changed so dramatically just during my lifetime.



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058302654

    Your quote: This poll is a little over a year old, but I doubt the numbers have changed much: Acceptance of Gay People in Military Grows Dramatically - washingtonpost.com

    2 more examples of you instigating polls and citing them directly.



    If you want to keep digging that hole go right ahead.


    I find it hilarious that hardly a thread goes by where you don't shout "LIER!" at me, and have yet to prove it. You really need to try a new schtick.
    And you need to read more carefully.

    You've been busted not once, not twice but three times in this thread alone.

    You want to keep denying it, I'll keep posting it.

    Its sad you lack the capacity to admit you are wrong.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah it only tells how the American People feel on ths issue.....Screw them as long as Obama is happy.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah but when you like the poll you cite it....shame on you.........

    Ah, so you think we should've pulled out of the Iraq War ages ago then? Since you apparently believe we should be governing based on poll numbers is what we should be doing? I mean, you wouldn't be tacitly supporting this post and this assertion by the OP while being upset when people posted polls about the War...right Navy? You weren't citing polls only when you like them, right?

    I mean, if we're going to throw accusations out at people, lets be even about them.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    This entire notion is idiotic by the way.

    Polls have a use. Are they the end all be all? No. Should policy be made SIMPLY on polls? No. Should polls affect policy decisions? A bit. Should you lambast someone for not following polls because it "makes them happy" as someone who hates the American people while a few years earlier making out that pushing for something that is unpopular with the American people makes you "brave" or an inspiredl eader? Absolutely not.

    If there's a problem its that both sides at times like to either 100% dismiss polls or 100% make them out to be the end all be all. They're tools, nothing more, nothing less.

    For example, its one thing to say "Most people in this country are fine with the notion of gay marriage" and post up a poll that shows more than 50% of the people say "yes" to a question "Are you fine with gay marriage". However, if the question was "Are you fine with Civil Unions or Gay Marriages" suddenly it would bring the poll into question, as one could be fine with the first but not with the second. However, using either of those polls as a way of saying "Its unamerican to ban gay marriage" or if the poll was reversed "This means we must ban gay marriage" it'd be idiotic because it'd be reducing an issue into nothing but a popularity contest.

    Take this poll in question. 58% support the reapl of the Health Care Plan. Great. Does that mean it should be definitely repealed? No more than months back when a majority of people thought we should have single payer meant that we should do it. People are fickle and what they want should factor in, but is not the end all deciding factor.

    Not to mention that that number is likely made up from a mixed group, some wanting it repealed for reasons similar to conservatives while others wanting it repealed to be able to push an even more liberal interpirtation of the legislation. So acting like 58% are against it means republicans will definitely get voted in or Obama is in trouble is a bit of a fallacy as well as its assuming all 58% is going to vote for Republicans/Against Democrats.

    What we can take from it is that, in general, even after passing this legislation by and large is unpopular in this country. That's about it.

  6. #36
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ah, so you think we should've pulled out of the Iraq War ages ago then? Since you apparently believe we should be governing based on poll numbers is what we should be doing? I mean, you wouldn't be tacitly supporting this post and this assertion by the OP while being upset when people posted polls about the War...right Navy? You weren't citing polls only when you like them, right?

    I mean, if we're going to throw accusations out at people, lets be even about them.
    I believe that is exactly what he is saying about Redress.

    She berated polls she doesn't like but uses them when they suit her.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I believe that is exactly what he is saying about Redress.

    She berated polls she doesn't like but uses them when they suit her.
    Yes, I see that's what he was saying in part.

    However, by his statement, it also appears to be that he's implying that he DOESN'T do that as its "shameful" to do such.

    So I'm just wanting to be clear if Navy Pride is actually claiming that he DOESN'T support the use of polls only when it suits him, and if not then whether or not he thought we should've exited the Iraq War far earlier in Bush's term since polls were against it then.

    Just wanting to figure out the consistency in his argument so as to properly address it.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,993

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Not to mention you're right, in the literal interpritation of what redress was saying, they most assuredly are wrong in asserting that they don't post polls unless it benefits their point.

    HOWEVER.

    If you look at the CONTEXT of the discussion you can see Redress was likely asking where they've ever used polls to justify passing a law. As we can see in the line of discussion:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Too bad we don't make laws based on Rasmussen polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah but when you like the poll you cite it....shame on you.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do? Where?
    Its clear Redress was speaking about using Polls for to make laws. Navy responded with his statement about posting a poll if it helps Redress. To which Redress, likely thinking back to the context of what Navy was responding to, wanted to know where they've ever posted a poll to suggest it should be the basis of creating a law.

    Its clear, using context, that redress is not saying they will never or have never used a poll in an argument. That's idiotic. What they're saying is that they don't push for laws based simply on what a poll says.

    Unless you think context doesn't matter Tex and you only look at the words on a basic literal level, in which case I do hope you're joining up on the facebook page to send Rush to Costa Rica since it would be obvious then you think he's moving out of the country due to your ridiculously narrow and literalistic view on how to read things.

    Right?

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I believe that is exactly what he is saying about Redress.

    She berated polls she doesn't like but uses them when they suit her.
    I berate polls in certain situations. We do not legislate based on polls. Polls about how popular a bill is is of limited use. Tracking polls are of more use, especially for societal trends. Polling leading up to elections are certainly interesting, especially as we get close to election time.

    By the way, don't think it is not pretty obvious how you attacked me for my statement, instead of actually disagreeing that we do not legislate on polls. Funny how often you do things like that...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #40
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Health Care Law Support for Repeal of Health Care Plan Up To 58%

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Not to mention you're right, in the literal interpritation of what redress was saying, they most assuredly are wrong in asserting that they don't post polls unless it benefits their point.

    HOWEVER.

    If you look at the CONTEXT of the discussion you can see Redress was likely asking where they've ever used polls to justify passing a law. As we can see in the line of discussion:

    Its clear Redress was speaking about using Polls for to make laws. Navy responded with his statement about posting a poll if it helps Redress. To which Redress, likely thinking back to the context of what Navy was responding to, wanted to know where they've ever posted a poll to suggest it should be the basis of creating a law.

    Its clear, using context, that redress is not saying they will never or have never used a poll in an argument. That's idiotic. What they're saying is that they don't push for laws based simply on what a poll says.

    Unless you think context doesn't matter Tex and you only look at the words on a basic literal level, in which case I do hope you're joining up on the facebook page to send Rush to Costa Rica since it would be obvious then you think he's moving out of the country due to your ridiculously narrow and literalistic view on how to read things.

    Right?

    Even if you took your interpretation of which Redress denied as a general rule that she doesn't use polls when she claimed she only used them when responding to other polls thereby widening the argument beyond this thread,
    both examples I cited are actually being used for her argument to change law. In this case, gay marriage.

    So even with your interpretation, its been proven she does use polls to argue changing the law.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •