Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 161

Thread: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

  1. #111
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    I asked first....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well criticizing is all you ever do. So it's safe to assume the military is a bunch of no good killers in your eyes.
    Me personally? Well, there's not much in singing to the choir. That said, if you set up a situation where there can be no criticism, . . . well, . . . don't you make it impossible to ever fix any problem?

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    When you are in a combat zone...and a bus is bearing down on you, ignoring flares and warnings...just how do you determine that "oh...hey...its cool...they are all civilians"?

    So by all means. Stop...weigh it...hear it out. Dont assume ****. One way OR the other.
    You might try reading what I wrote:

    That is what they are reporting, and I have no reason to dispute it. But was the bus anything but civilians? If that's all it was, they weren't scum bags and while it might not be criminal, it is surely a shame if they were only civilians. And being bother by that would be fair. I would bet those who did the shooting are bothered.

    Fair means stepping back, waiting, hearing all the testimony out, learning and not assuming. Am I wrong about that?
    No where do I say they were wrong. Only that those doing the shooting will likely be bothered. Good people are bothered by killing the innocent even when they act appropriately.

  4. #114
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might try reading what I wrote:



    No where do I say they were wrong. Only that those doing the shooting will likely be bothered. Good people are bothered by killing the innocent even when they act appropriately.




    Boo Radley shuffle, Slight of hand move.... Make an ambiguous statement early on in a thread, just so one can slightly change ones point to somethng no one is arguing against.



    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Boo Radley shuffle, Slight of hand move.... Make an ambiguous statement early on in a thread, just so one can slightly change ones point to somethng no one is arguing against.



    Nothing ambiguous. You and others simply like to read in what you want. I don't know why, perhaps it is because it makes it easier for you. But this messy business has consequences, and not just to those who die.

  6. #116
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing ambiguous. You and others simply like to read in what you want. I don't know why, perhaps it is because it makes it easier for you. But this messy business has consequences, and not just to those who die.




    Who ever argued that anyone would not be bothered by accidenltly killing civillians?


    I like how you tell me about your theories on how we would feel btw.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #117
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Who ever argued that anyone would not be bothered by accidenltly killing civillians?


    I like how you tell me about your theories on how we would feel btw.
    If you will recall, you leaped into another discussion. I started here saying I could not comment on this case. I stated clearly that I saw no reason to doubt the testimony of the soldiers. I simply wanted to discuss if it was possible to criticize without the contempt your side so often shows. One person, Kelzie, gave a reasonable response and we continued that conversation, . . . again, not related to this case specifically.

    But as the military will investigate and will charge if wrong doing is found, questioning the actions of the soldiers, any soldier or soldiers, is not inappropriate. And pointing out the consequences on the soldiers doing the shooting is not inappropriate either.

    As for my "theories," I would suggest you read closer and seek to understand more than jumping around wildly and creating your own strawman. That way you might actually be able to address what was said and not what ever fantasy you seem to be addressing.

  8. #118
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you will recall, you leaped into another discussion. I started here saying I could not comment on this case. I stated clearly that I saw no reason to doubt the testimony of the soldiers. I simply wanted to discuss if it was possible to criticize without the contempt your side so often shows. One person, Kelzie, gave a reasonable response and we continued that conversation, . . . again, not related to this case specifically.

    But as the military will investigate and will charge if wrong doing is found, questioning the actions of the soldiers, any soldier or soldiers, is not inappropriate. And pointing out the consequences on the soldiers doing the shooting is not inappropriate either.

    As for my "theories," I would suggest you read closer and seek to understand more than jumping around wildly and creating your own strawman. That way you might actually be able to address what was said and not what ever fantasy you seem to be addressing.



    Or perhaps you can make a coherent point instead of arguing that there are "conseguences" for the soldiers personally, as if someone made that argument. Your strawmen are much more formidable than mine.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #119
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Or perhaps you can make a coherent point instead of arguing that there are "conseguences" for the soldiers personally, as if someone made that argument. Your strawmen are much more formidable than mine.
    I have tried to make one you can follow. It centers on criticism not being equal to hating the troops. I don't think it is a difficult point, but maybe I over estimate the ability of some to follow. Who knows.

  10. #120
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: US troops fire on Afghan bus, killing at least 5 civilians

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have tried to make one you can follow. It centers on criticism not being equal to hating the troops. I don't think it is a difficult point, but maybe I over estimate the ability of some to follow. Who knows.




    Either that, or you suck at being ambiguous, I think its more the latter.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •