Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

  1. #31
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, the belief is we are sacrificing out soldiers for our security.
    Disposable heroes.
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  2. #32
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The goal is to deny a safe haven to enemies of the United States and/or prevent the Afghan government from becoming violently anti-American. Its to deny a group like AQ to plan another 9/11.

    But what is your alternative strategy, and without the stereotypes and generalizations.
    Al-Qaeda?! Wth....Theres no such thing as AL-Qaeda, Wiseone. AQ was a made up name and coined by our government. Osama never had a group by the name of "Al-Qaeda".
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Al-Qaeda?! Wth....Theres no such thing as AL-Qaeda, Wiseone. AQ was a made up name and coined by our government. Osama never had a group by the name of "Al-Qaeda".
    Ok fine to prevent whomever they are called or others like them, from attacking us again like on 9/11.

    Now what is your alternative strategy to the current one.

  4. #34
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ok fine to prevent whomever they are called or others like them, from attacking us again like on 9/11.

    Now what is your alternative strategy to the current one.
    It's right here....I already posted it.

    Scale back on 90% of the troops, and then deploy special ops and contractors for intel purposes and start relying on our drones. The average boot has no business in those mountains fighting this enemy. These Afghan/Taliban fighters are no joke. Some of those fighters up in those mountains fought in the Afghan/Soviet war.

    Clear out most of our troops ans just start dialing in the coordinates on enemy holdouts. It might take longer but it would save troops.
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    It's right here....I already posted it.

    Scale back on 90% of the troops, and then deploy special ops and contractors for intel purposes and start relying on our drones. The average boot has no business in those mountains fighting this enemy. These Afghan/Taliban fighters are no joke. Some of those fighters up in those mountains fought in the Afghan/Soviet war.

    Clear out most of our troops ans just start dialing in the coordinates on enemy holdouts. It might take longer but it would save troops.
    So whos going to protect the people, or are we just going to kill Taliban? I mean the whole reason we got into this mess was because the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan, you're basically suggesting we hand the country back to them.

    You CANNOT occupy territory through air power.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Disposable heroes.
    Wow...no.

    Your strategy fails on multiple levels. It does not stabilize Afghanistan nor train the Afghan military, both necessary to make a prolonged difference there. It does not stop the Taliban, which can simply stay out of sight now since it won't need to combat a military presence. Drones are no good if the enemy is out of sight. Going that route, you might as well just pull out of Afghanistan altogether.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So whos going to protect the people, or are we just going to kill Taliban? I mean the whole reason we got into this mess was because the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan, you're basically suggesting we hand the country back to them.

    You CANNOT occupy territory through air power.
    You can't even effectively kill the Taliban. They would have no reason to gather in force, making targets of themselves. They would break up into small bands and strong arm the local governments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Advisor PonyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    587

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So whos going to protect the people, or are we just going to kill Taliban? I mean the whole reason we got into this mess was because the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan, you're basically suggesting we hand the country back to them.

    You CANNOT occupy territory through air power.
    We need to stop OCCUPYING territory.

    @ Redress- Combating an enemy from the ground floor uphill to an enemy that's been dug in since the beginning of time is historical suicide in the theater of war. 10 US platoons fighting uphill from the ground floor is no match for 20 Taliban fighters atop the Afghan mountains. It's blatantly ridiculous and everyone knows it. But Obama needs that reelection that he ain't gettin anyways...
    'In Hoc Signo Vinces'

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    We need to stop OCCUPYING territory.

    @ Redress- Combating an enemy from the ground floor uphill to an enemy that's been dug in since the beginning of time is historical suicide in the theater of war. 10 US platoons fighting uphill from the ground floor is no match for 20 Taliban fighters atop the Afghan mountains. It's blatantly ridiculous and everyone knows it. But Obama needs that reelection that he ain't gettin anyways...
    The current strategy is to ignore the high mountains and go after the cities, which are on valley floors and in lower level areas, thats been stated already.

    Also I'm wondering how this plan is going to win him a re-election, how does putting 30,000 extra troops in for 18 months, then withdrawing all troops before the election going to make him win? I know you don't think it will but how do you suppose he thinks it will?
    Last edited by Wiseone; 04-12-10 at 01:26 PM.

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton fears al-Qaeda is obtaining nuclear weapons material

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The current strategy is to ignore the high mountains and go after the cities, which are on valley floors and in lower level areas, thats been stated already.

    Also I'm wondering how this plan is going to win him a re-election, how does putting 30,000 extra troops in for 18 months, then withdrawing all troops before the election going to make him win? I know you don't think it will but how do you suppose he thinks it will?
    AS I understand it, the withdrawal date is far from firm. Not sure on that, but that is how I remember it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •