Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 183

Thread: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

  1. #51
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The only reason some people will lose coverage is because some of the companies will choose to pay the penalty rather than cover their employees. How is that Obama's fault?
    Everything is Obama's fault !! What part of the PARTY OF NO's talking points do you not understand ? LOL
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  2. #52
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    There does not need to be any "provision" to restrict abortion coverage since none is afforded. You rant becomes moot.
    It is neither afforded nor restricted. That's the point.

    Meanwhile, by statute, CHCs are required to provide all required primary health care services, defined to include health services related to . . . obstetrics or gynecology that are furnished by physicians. Federal courts long have held that when a statute requires provision of health services under such broad categories, then the statute must be construed to include abortion unless it explicitly excludes it.

    Why else would Stupak and Pitts offer an amendment that provided a bill-wide blanket prohibition against federal dollars going to pay for abortion?

    And if the legislation was intended to prevent such funding, then why not make it clear with one simple amendment?

    Reason, the bill is intended to mix federal dollars into abortions.

  3. #53
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Oh please. The bill has been passed, and the Dems are no better off for it. In fact they might even be worse off.

    Do you honestly believe that Republicans in Congress personally liked the bill, and only voted against it because stopping it from passing would help them, which isn't even true?
    This version of "the bill" that was virtually the same as what the Republicans had developed in the the 1990's when they feared that the Clintonistas were going to give birth to a single payor plan. Go and look it up !!! So now they oppose what they were for brefore they opposed it.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  4. #54
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Obviously. I mean, if the bill wasn't bad and they were trying to portray the opposing party as not being able to get anything done, then the Republicans would have had to stoop to spreading mistruths about the bill in order to sway public opinion on it. The Republicans would have had to say absurd things like it encouraged euthanasia, that it would force people to pay for other people's abortions, that tens of millions of Americans would lose their private insurance and that it would put America on a slippery slope towards Socialism. Since that clearly never happened, the Republicans were just pushing against an unpopular bill.
    And this sentiment is also vastly insulting to the American people, that it is so easy to manipulate their opinions with lies. If you believe this, then you must truly despise democracy in any form.

    That's not even to mention that Republicans in Congress were in no position to have any effect on public opinion when most of the public disliked them in the first place. If you cannot accept that people came to hate the health care bill on their own accord, you can bring your hatred of democracy and the American public elsewhere.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    This version of "the bill" that was virtually the same as what the Republicans had developed in the the 1990's when they feared that the Clintonistas were going to give birth to a single payor plan. Go and look it up !!! So now they oppose what they were for brefore they opposed it.
    1. "The Republicans" are not a person. Unless every single Republcan admitted their complete support of whatever proposal you are talking about, your point is moot.

    2. Maybe in the time since they realized that the party of limited government is supposed to stand for, you know, limited government. Democrats seem to have a field day every time they don't, in any case.

    3. They were the minority party then, thus anything they put forwards was just posturing. Posturing is one thing, actually voting on bills is another.

  6. #56
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    This version of "the bill" that was virtually the same as what the Republicans had developed in the the 1990's when they feared that the Clintonistas were going to give birth to a single payor plan. Go and look it up !!! So now they oppose what they were for brefore they opposed it.
    Claims of hypocrisy are not arguments.

    And just who are you referring to as "the Republicans" here? You're misrepresenting this as though the GOP endorsed the individual mandate.

    Oh, btw, those Republicans who did endorse the individual mandate, they were proposing something that "virtually the same as" Obamacare.

    But, of course, you can present actual facts if you'd like to.

  7. #57
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    It is neither afforded nor restricted. That's the point.

    Meanwhile, by statute, CHCs are required to provide all required primary health care services, defined to include health services related to . . . obstetrics or gynecology that are furnished by physicians. Federal courts long have held that when a statute requires provision of health services under such broad categories, then the statute must be construed to include abortion unless it explicitly excludes it.

    Why else would Stupak and Pitts offer an amendment that provided a bill-wide blanket prohibition against federal dollars going to pay for abortion?

    And if the legislation was intended to prevent such funding, then why not make it clear with one simple amendment?

    Reason, the bill is intended to mix federal dollars into abortions.

    You are inventing "intentions ". Look remember the stupidity of buffoons such as Palin who invented “death panels"? Well there is no provision for death panels in the bill. Yet there is also no amendment prohibiting "death panels". So using your logic and Palin's illogic you must believe that there are death panels since they are neither explicitly prohibited nor established by "the bill".
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  8. #58
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    And this sentiment is also vastly insulting to the American people, that it is so easy to manipulate their opinions with lies. If you believe this, then you must truly despise democracy in any form.

    That's not even to mention that Republicans in Congress were in no position to have any effect on public opinion when most of the public disliked them in the first place. If you cannot accept that people came to hate the health care bill on their own accord, you can bring your hatred of democracy and the American public elsewhere.
    The American is either racist, gullible, or stupid...or all three depending on who you might ask.

    There can be no principled argument against Democratic ideas.

  9. #59
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by conservative sword View Post
    claims of hypocrisy are not arguments.

    And just who are you referring to as "the republicans" here? You're misrepresenting this as though the gop endorsed the individual mandate.

    Oh, btw, those republicans who did endorse the individual mandate, they were proposing something that "virtually the same as" obamacare.

    But, of course, you can present actual facts if you'd like to.
    virtually !!!
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: Some Republicans embrace 'Party of No'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    You are inventing "intentions ".
    By all means, please cite these specific inventions.

    Look remember the stupidity of buffoons such as Palin who invented “death panels"?
    Red herring here. What are we talking about?

    So using your logic and Palin's illogic you must believe that there are death panels since they are neither explicitly prohibited nor established by "the bill".
    Way to miss the point, intentionally, to inject this absurd guilt by association fallacy.

    CHCs have to, by statute, perform the full range of ob/gyn health services performed by physicians. The courts have held that this must include abortions.

    This ain't my logic. This is the court's interpreting congressional statutes.

    Argue with that rather than dropping red herring and playing guilt by association.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •