Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of Teen

  1. #31
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So are you saying that the Catholic Church HASN'T had a problem with sexual abuse of children?
    I am saying that the Catholic Priest situation has been blown way out of proportion by Catholic haters what 99% of all priests are involved inand that the innocent priests I know angonize over this situation......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am saying that the Catholic Priest situation has been blown way out of proportion by Catholic haters what 99% of all priests are involved inand that the innocent priests I know angonize over this situation......
    So, are you saying that the leadership of the Catholic church DIDN'T cover this problem up and allow pedophile priests to create new victims? Are you suggesting that the Catholic Church handled this problem appropriately and reported these offenders to the proper authorities for prosecution?

    It's not hate to point a finger at the leadership and hierarchy of the church for putting their image above the victims.

  3. #33
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So are you saying that the Catholic Church HASN'T had a problem with sexual abuse of children?
    Try reading what he said again and then answer the question, assuming you read it in the first place.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #34
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, are you saying that the leadership of the Catholic church DIDN'T cover this problem up and allow pedophile priests to create new victims? Are you suggesting that the Catholic Church handled this problem appropriately and reported these offenders to the proper authorities for prosecution?

    It's not hate to point a finger at the leadership and hierarchy of the church for putting their image above the victims.
    Actually, in many cases, the accused priests were moved into ministries where they would NOT be working with children anymore. In the Wisconsin case, which a lot of people in the US seem to be getting a hang up about, not only was the priest moved out of the ministry that gave him access, it was reported to civil authorities who DECLINED TO PRESS CHARGES!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #35
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, are you saying that the leadership of the Catholic church DIDN'T cover this problem up and allow pedophile priests to create new victims? Are you suggesting that the Catholic Church handled this problem appropriately and reported these offenders to the proper authorities for prosecution?

    It's not hate to point a finger at the leadership and hierarchy of the church for putting their image above the victims.
    Can you read?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: ABC News Investigation: USA Swimming Coaches Molested, Secretly Taped Dozens of T

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Actually, in many cases, the accused priests were moved into ministries where they would NOT be working with children anymore. In the Wisconsin case, which a lot of people in the US seem to be getting a hang up about, not only was the priest moved out of the ministry that gave him access, it was reported to civil authorities who DECLINED TO PRESS CHARGES!
    Exactly and in a lot of cases there was no abuse, just some scumbag trying to make a buck off the church.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •