Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

  1. #11
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Are you trying to say John Jay didn't write that letter to George Washington?
    No doubt he wrote that letter knowing that one day we'd elect a president who was actually born in Kenya, despite evidence to the contrary, and wind up with someone not really qualified to be pres.

    Now back to reality (from the OP):

    The prime minister has decided to cancel his trip to Washington to attend the nuclear conference next week, after learning that some countries including Egypt and Turkey plan to say Israel must sign the NPT," the official said.

    The last I heard, Obama was not the president of either Egypt nor of Turkey. I think Netanyahu's real reasons are abundantly clear.

    Now, if you want to bash Obama, go and start a thread on that trillion and a half deficit. Leave out the birther nonsense, the Muslim crap, the unfounded soft on terror allegations, and all of that. People simply don't believe any of it. If they did, they wouldn't have elected him in the first place.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #12
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    what a coward. Cancelling because he does not want to admit that Israel has nukes.. pathetic coward.
    I'd love to see you say that to his face, it would be precious.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    He made the decision after learning Egypt and Turkey intended to raise the issue of Israel's assumed atomic arsenal at the meeting, a senior government official said on Friday.
    "The prime minister has decided to cancel his trip to Washington to attend the nuclear conference next week, after learning that some countries including Egypt and Turkey plan to say Israel must sign the NPT," the official said.
    Deputy Israeli Prime Minister Dan Meridor will stand in for Netanyahu at the Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) on April 12-13.

    Netanyahu's attendance would have been the first by an Israeli premier at an international nuclear forum. Aides said he originally agreed to go after being reassured by the United States that the NSS communique would focus on efforts to secure fissile material with no allusions to Israel's undeclared arms.
    These are actual quotes from the article, that I doubt anyone took any item to read while there was baseless Obama bashing to get too, as opposed to bashing actually based on something which there is plenty of.

    So what can we learn from these?
    1) The Israeli PM not showing has nothing to do with Obama, but with Turkey and Egypt
    2) Israel is still attending its just the equivalent of the vice President going.
    3) The US reassured Netanyahu that there would be no focus on its undeclared nuclear arms, which was the reasons HE WAS GOING TO GO. So in fact the US was the reason Netanyahu was going to show up NOT the reason he decided to bail.

    Do you all understand this? Its a total outright lie and falsehood to say Netanyahu isn't showing because he can't get along with Obama, the only reasons he was going, AS IT CLEARLY states, is because the US was able to convince him of something. And I would assume that one gov't saying to another "Hey trust me" and that other gov't believing that statement would be a sign of friendly relations.

    Regardless of the settlement issue in Israel, the US and Israel are held together by far too much to be completely torn apart by one issue. And in fact if you actually know your history about this US-Israel-Palestine peace process, the US and Israel have ALWAYS disagreed about SOMETHING relating to the way forward to peace. Under every president since we got involved in the Israel-Palestine conflict, there have been disagreements between Israel and the US, and some of those were over SETTLEMENTS. For example, settlements and walls in the west bank were strongly opposed by Bush but still built by Israel. I never heard any of you saying Bush was destroyed our relationship with Israel.

    So keep your biased crap, your skewed thinking, and total disregard for information and history to yourself.

  4. #14
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Everyone has known that Israel has nukes for decades so what is the reason for 'hiding'?
    Officially, Israel has no nuclear weapons.
    PeteEU

  5. #15
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Jesus Christ........ Like he doesn't know the whole world knows Israel has nukes.

    Back to what ever it is you are smoking.
    And yet Israel not only refuses to acknowledge this, but in fact they often have said they dont have nukes or refuse to comment on it. They also refuse to sign the non proliferation treaty.. because they dont have nukes after all..
    PeteEU

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Are you trying to say John Jay didn't write that letter to George Washington?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summitAs John Jay's letter, which advises that the Commander in Chief be a native-born American, is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, there is little doubt as to the intent behind its being posted. Any direct or indirect claims that President Obama is not a native-born American belong in the Conspiracy Theories subforum.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    There is an Israeli delegation, though, so what's the big fuss all about?

    Netanyahu is simply not interested in changing the summit's focus from the Iranian nuclear program to the Israeli refusal to sign on the NPT(Which India does as well by the way), something that the Muslim nations are already aiming on.
    India however, has stated why it has not signed the NPT:
    If India did not sign the NPT, it is not because of its lack of commitment for non-proliferation, but because we consider NPT as a flawed treaty and it did not recognise the need for universal, non-discriminatory verification and treatment.
    India is also the only country to issue No-First Use policy regarding its nuclear arsenal. India is also the only non-NPT signing country to be exempt from NSG guidelines. Israel and Pakistan are banned from importing nuclear materials, mainly because of their lack of cooperation with the IAEA.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    UPDATE 4-Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit | News by Country | Reuters





    This is getting scary, folks. I wonder where Obama's true loyalties in this region lie?
    So what we learned is that Erod did not read the article he provided, and that Liz Cheney is not very bright.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    These are actual quotes from the article, that I doubt anyone took any item to read while there was baseless Obama bashing to get too, as opposed to bashing actually based on something which there is plenty of.

    So what can we learn from these?
    1) The Israeli PM not showing has nothing to do with Obama, but with Turkey and Egypt
    2) Israel is still attending its just the equivalent of the vice President going.
    3) The US reassured Netanyahu that there would be no focus on its undeclared nuclear arms, which was the reasons HE WAS GOING TO GO. So in fact the US was the reason Netanyahu was going to show up NOT the reason he decided to bail.

    Do you all understand this? Its a total outright lie and falsehood to say Netanyahu isn't showing because he can't get along with Obama, the only reasons he was going, AS IT CLEARLY states, is because the US was able to convince him of something. And I would assume that one gov't saying to another "Hey trust me" and that other gov't believing that statement would be a sign of friendly relations.

    Regardless of the settlement issue in Israel, the US and Israel are held together by far too much to be completely torn apart by one issue. And in fact if you actually know your history about this US-Israel-Palestine peace process, the US and Israel have ALWAYS disagreed about SOMETHING relating to the way forward to peace. Under every president since we got involved in the Israel-Palestine conflict, there have been disagreements between Israel and the US, and some of those were over SETTLEMENTS. For example, settlements and walls in the west bank were strongly opposed by Bush but still built by Israel. I never heard any of you saying Bush was destroyed our relationship with Israel.

    So keep your biased crap, your skewed thinking, and total disregard for information and history to yourself.
    There you go again, spoiling all the fun with that boring old fact and logic.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Netanyahu cancels trip to Obama's nuclear summit

    I don't blame BB for not going. This isn't anything more than an Obama witch hunt to further embaress and insult the Israelis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •