Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

  1. #61
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Well, I'm glad this thread has been civil and free from hyperpartisan rants...
    I was pssed the way my friend was treated by the dems

    TheNextAirhead seems rather agitated.



  2. #62
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Well, I'm glad this thread has been civil and free from hyperpartisan rants...
    It was going ok for awhile...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You sure seem upset

    must have hit a nerve with you

    call up Peter Keisler and ask him

    Like I am going to tell you who I am

    you seem obsessed enough to stalk me and trust me, I really don'[t need that.
    Upset? Not at all, but you are the one acting upset which is evident by your personal attack. I just know that without the information as to who you are and where you work, you are not a credible source as you claim. You are upset cause you got called on it and can't back up your claims.

    Not my fault you made a claim you can't back up.

  4. #64
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Upset? Not at all, but you are the one acting upset which is evident by your personal attack. I just know that without the information as to who you are and where you work, you are not a credible source as you claim. You are upset cause you got called on it and can't back up your claims.

    Not my fault you made a claim you can't back up.
    stop humping my leg You losers started the personal attacks

    as I said I don't need stalkers

    for all I know you are some pervert who is gonna show up at my door some day and I really don't ever want to have to shoot someone again



  5. #65
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    I am still waiting for the two libs to explain why Estrada was the first appellate judge fillibustered. Why did all four former DEM SOLICITOR GENERALS endorse his appointment if he was some sort of "Stealth rightwinger"

    in discrimination law, if a reason is given for an action and it turns out that the reason is false, the jury can assume a discriminatory reason really motivated the decision maker (Manzer vs Diamond Shamrock in the 6th Circuit).

    Since it is obvious that the reason the dems gave was a pretext or a facade, we can assume a racist motive really was the reason.


    And lets compare Bush and Obama. Bush picked Roberts who was generally seen as the best available conservative. Appointing a White Catholic was not going to gain him any votes based on that. No one believed that Sotomayor was the best available liberal jurist--she probably was the best available Hispanic female jurist though so clearly Obama did see the ethnicity or gender of his first nominee as important to gain votes.


    Next let's look at Harriet Meier. Yes she was a woman but most commentators said Bush initially wanted her because she was loyal to Bush. He was trying to pay off someone for their loyalty rather than gain votes especially since he wasn't going to be running again. was she qualified-objectively yes, subjectively no since she was no where near the best available jurist or legal scholar.

    ALito was way up on everyone's list and again, picking a white catholic male was not designed to gain the GOP votes in elections-merely votes on controversial cases.

    Thus, based on what we have seen so far, Obama has made the ethnicity and gender of his picks more important a factor than Bush did, BOth engaged in politics-but different forms



  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Still waiting for you to provide a legitimate source to your claim of racism and anti-semitism.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #67
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Still waiting for you to provide a legitimate source to your claim of racism and anti-semitism.
    I did

    I noted that the reason why the dems claimed they were against Estrada was specious

    once I have done that the presumption is that racism is what motivated them

    ROberts was well known as extremely conservative but he was not fillibustered


    Estrada had the ABA and four leading heavyweights on the left-four former Solicitor Generals endorse Estrada including his former Boss, Clinton's Solicitor GEneral all of whom said he was both extremely qualified and was not a "Stealth right winger

    so tell me why was he fillibustered-the first time in at least the last 75 years that a nominee to a circuit court was fillibustered.



  8. #68
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Still waiting for you to provide a legitimate source to your claim of racism and anti-semitism.
    I guess you also ignored the comments I posted demonstrating many other people also believe that the dem position was BS and racism was the reason

    I realize when one is a hack you don't want to admit that your side can be racist-especially when you are a dem and you pretend that racism is only a rightwing disease



  9. #69
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Uh, Redress, a least this poster's claim of racism has at least a hint of plausibility...which is far more reasonable than the Demcocrats claims that people like me are racist because we opposed Obamacare...

  10. #70
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    Uh, Redress, a least this poster's claim of racism has at least a hint of plausibility...which is far more reasonable than the Demcocrats claims that people like me are racist because we opposed Obamacare...
    Redress is upset that what I said is widely believed among many attorneys and legal scholars



Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •