Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 130

Thread: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

  1. #51
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you really so stupid you won't back up your claims with sources?

    See, more than one can play that game...

    By the way, did I mention ethnicity?
    Yawn

    you don't like what i said so you are going to play the stupid contrarian game

    Here are a few things to ponder. If you need help understanding them just ask

    Democratic Racism: The Real Reason Behind the Borking of Estrada by Robert Alt

    FOXNews.com - Democrats Plan Filibuster of Estrada Nomination - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

    and another one


    “Among those waiting for a vote is Peter Keisler, Mr. Bush's highly regarded nominee for the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. … He is widely seen as Supreme Court material, presumably the reason Mr. Leahy hopes his nomination will go the way of Miguel Estrada, a legal star blocked by a Democratic filibuster in Mr. Bush's first term.”
    The comparison to Miguel Estrada is an interesting one. Estrada was blocked not only because he is “Supreme Court material,” but also because he is Hispanic. Democrats fear the nomination of a conservative Hispanic to the Supreme Court, because blocking a Hispanic nominee would anger a core Democratic constituency. Is the fact that Keisler is Jewish similarly contributing to his obstruction by Democrats? There is no way to know. But it’s worth noting that, of the nine appeals court nominees currently being obstructed, three are Jewish

    Committee for Justice Blog: Today?s Dramatic Showdown over Judges



  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yawn

    you don't like what i said so you are going to play the stupid contrarian game

    Here are a few things to ponder. If you need help understanding them just ask

    Democratic Racism: The Real Reason Behind the Borking of Estrada by Robert Alt

    FOXNews.com - Democrats Plan Filibuster of Estrada Nomination - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

    and another one


    “Among those waiting for a vote is Peter Keisler, Mr. Bush's highly regarded nominee for the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. … He is widely seen as Supreme Court material, presumably the reason Mr. Leahy hopes his nomination will go the way of Miguel Estrada, a legal star blocked by a Democratic filibuster in Mr. Bush's first term.”
    The comparison to Miguel Estrada is an interesting one. Estrada was blocked not only because he is “Supreme Court material,” but also because he is Hispanic. Democrats fear the nomination of a conservative Hispanic to the Supreme Court, because blocking a Hispanic nominee would anger a core Democratic constituency. Is the fact that Keisler is Jewish similarly contributing to his obstruction by Democrats? There is no way to know. But it’s worth noting that, of the nine appeals court nominees currently being obstructed, three are Jewish

    Committee for Justice Blog: Today?s Dramatic Showdown over Judges
    So two hatchet job editorials, and one that shows something other than you claim.

    Democrats argue he is too conservative for the bench.

    On Wednesday, Kennedy told his Democratic colleagues, "If we allow a stealth right-winger on this court, we have only ourselves to blame."

    Got anything reliable that backs up your claim? Only thing reliable so far actually supports the idea you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So two hatchet job editorials, and one that shows something other than you claim.




    Got anything reliable that backs up your claim? Only thing reliable so far actually supports the idea you are wrong.
    You really are not up to this argument. The fact that Keisler's Jewish ethnicity is even raised suggests that many of us who follow this issue closesly believe it plays a part.


    You want to explain why Estrada and Keisler were blocked when they both were emminently qualified. (and had the ABA's top rating)



  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What do you think the political fallout of blocking the nomination by republicans will have, and the use of the "nuclear option" will have? Will this have an effect in November?
    I don't know anything about any of the people on the "short list", sorry.

    I can hope that Obama picks a moderate, and the moderate is confirmed in the normal fashion without hoopla, excessive delay, nuclear options or any of that... big hope, huh?

    I think the fallout factor will depend on the candidate. If the Reps fillibuster an actual moderate, that won't look good. OTOH if the candidate is pretty far left, and the Dems break with the nuclear option, I think that will tarnish them badly, perhaps critically, for the midterms.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am a source, I handle federal appellate cases and I know many of the players
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Ok, we'll play that game then, what is your name, place of work so we can VERIFY that you are indeed a CREDIBLE source?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really are not up to this argument. The fact that Keisler's Jewish ethnicity is even raised suggests that many of us who follow this issue closesly believe it plays a part.
    Your "belief" does not make it fact nor does it back up your claims.

  7. #57
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Your "belief" does not make it fact nor does it back up your claims.
    I couldn't care less

    at least one of the moderators on this board knows where I went to law school since she asked me advice about applying to law school. another poster knows my name and knows I am telling the truth

    that you are mad that I iknow more about this issue is not my concern and since you don't matter to me I couldn't care less what you think



  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I couldn't care less

    at least one of the moderators on this board knows where I went to law school since she asked me advice about applying to law school. another poster knows my name and knows I am telling the truth

    that you are mad that I iknow more about this issue is not my concern and since you don't matter to me I couldn't care less what you think
    Yeah yeah yeah and I'm George W. Bush If you are not going to provide your name and where you work, then you are NOT a CREDIBLE source nor does it change the FACT that your "belief" does not make it fact or back up your claims.

    Please take your internet bragging to someone that might actually believe you.

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah and I'm George W. Bush If you are not going to provide your name and where you work, then you are NOT a CREDIBLE source nor does it change the FACT that your "belief" does not make it fact or back up your claims.

    Please take your internet bragging to someone that might actually believe you.

    You sure seem upset

    must have hit a nerve with you

    call up Peter Keisler and ask him

    Like I am going to tell you who I am

    you seem obsessed enough to stalk me and trust me, I really don'[t need that.



  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Well, I'm glad this thread has been civil and free from hyperpartisan rants...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •