Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 130

Thread: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

  1. #111
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Yes it will.
    He'll pick the most left leaning judge he thinks he can get confirmed. No big surprise and won't change the court much.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #112
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Really? I don't think he's a liberal and I grew up in Massachusetts and live in the DC area. Can you explain where I fit into your ridiculous labeling?
    What member of the US Senate had a more leftwing voting record than Obama?



  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He'll pick the most left leaning judge he thinks he can get confirmed. No big surprise and won't change the court much.
    That's why I thank God every day that Obama won the election. His election secured the Supreme Court from beng overtaken by the radical right-wing for at least the next generation. Had McCain won....or someone even worse, the Court would have become a right-wing activist court.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #114
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    What member of the US Senate had a more leftwing voting record than Obama?
    You seriously need to follow politics more closely if you need to ask that question.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #115
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's why I thank God every day that Obama won the election. His election secured the Supreme Court from beng overtaken by the radical right-wing for at least the next generation. Had McCain won....or someone even worse, the Court would have become a right-wing activist court.
    radical rightwing

    LOL--like believing that the 2nd Amendment is actually about rights

    or that eminent domain for profit is a bad idea


    libs love leftwing judges because LW judges create idiotic rulings that RW judges respect out of stare decisis. Libs realize most of t heir agenda won't make it through congress so they need to impose it by judges

    I am curious, what makes people radical leftwingers

    its easy to explain my position-I tire of paying more taxes so that libs can use my money to buy the votes of parasites who support more taxation

    I tire of being told America should subordinate herself to europe or that our gun rights should be removed

    so disneydude what exactly causes you to want more income redistribution, less freedom and more government



  6. #116
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You seriously need to follow politics more closely if you need to ask that question.
    I do and that is why I said it

    can you answer the question rather than posting a throwaway line that is steeped in arrogance and based on an assumption without any merit?



  7. #117
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    libs love leftwing judges because LW judges create idiotic rulings that RW judges respect out of stare decisis.
    LOL....when you say things like this...it really shows that you don't follow politics...at least not closely.

    Do you even know how many times the Robert's Court has overturned starei decisis within the last couple of years?
    This Court is becoming known for completely disregarding piror court precedent in favor of advancing their agenda.

    At least get your facts straight before you start spouting off right-wing talking points that are completely contrary to the facts.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #118
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I do and that is why I said it

    can you answer the question rather than posting a throwaway line that is steeped in arrogance and based on an assumption without any merit?
    The fact that you asked the question shows that you have no clue what you are writing about. I'm not going to sit and try to educate you when anyone with half a brain knows that you have no clue what you are talking about when you post that type of thing.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #119
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....when you say things like this...it really shows that you don't follow politics...at least not closely.

    Do you even know how many times the Robert's Court has overturned starei decisis within the last couple of years?
    This Court is becoming known for completely disregarding piror court precedent in favor of advancing their agenda.

    At least get your facts straight before you start spouting off right-wing talking points that are completely contrary to the facts.
    Its really funny watching a lib tell me what I do and what I don't know. How many federal appellate arguments have say you participated in?

    Libs believe in the leftward ratchet of jurisprudence. They create a new "right" or attack old ones and when the court becomes more conservative, libs expect the conservative judges to respect poorly reasoned activist decisions by the left

    overturning or ignoring bad precedent not only is proper it is required.

    Stevens crapped himself whining that the USSC in Heller ignored bad APPELLATE decisions based on INCORRECT readings of Cruishank and Miller.

    That proved to me it was time for him to retire.



  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,736

    Re: Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens retiring

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The fact that you asked the question shows that you have no clue what you are writing about. I'm not going to sit and try to educate you when anyone with half a brain knows that you have no clue what you are talking about when you post that type of thing.
    you really don't have the ability to educate me on this issue. I know more about this issue than you can possibly imagine.

    this is an old subject BTW

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...-court-11.html
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 04-12-10 at 11:31 PM.



Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •