Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 243

Thread: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

  1. #221
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Irrelevant. But yes, I have one.
    No, it's very relevant. Do you want your kid to take a class to learn how to **** in high school?

    As a parent, I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #222
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's very relevant. Do you want your kid to take a class to learn how to **** in high school?

    As a parent, I don't.
    They don't teach you have to have sex in sex ed. What they teach you is that if you are to find yourself having sex be smart about it and protect yourself.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's very relevant.
    No, it is entirely irrelevant to this discussion as the discussion is not about me. It is about the topic.

    And no one has asserted that kids take classes to learn how to ****. You are being completely dishonest and shrill as fingernails on a chalkboard in your commitment to spreading this blatant lie.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    They don't teach you have to have sex in sex ed. What they teach you is that if you are to find yourself having sex be smart about it and protect yourself.
    There's no reasoning with him. He has devolved to mindless jabbering and slavering idiocy because he was owned in the discussion early on. He's just gonna repeat the same shrill lie over and over again despite reality telling a completely different tale.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Well, since his opinion has been duly noted, I wish he'd stop posting it over and over again- same exact opinion, same exact words. Kids taught to **** in class. Etc, etc.
    Yes, we get it.

    He's just wasting bandwidth and disrupting the flow of reasonable discussion on this thread, a behavior which I believe is known in some quarters as "trolling".

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    apdst, how about instead of trying to change the subject and run from things you hurry up and give us some evidence at all that supports the notion that abstinence only education has a likelihood of reducing teen pregnancys when compared to comprehensive sex education.

    Still waiting, you're still at "nothing" which is worse than "might"

  7. #227
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Well, since his opinion has been duly noted, I wish he'd stop posting it over and over again- same exact opinion, same exact words. Kids taught to **** in class. Etc, etc.
    Yes, we get it.

    He's just wasting bandwidth and disrupting the flow of reasonable discussion on this thread, a behavior which I believe is known in some quarters as "trolling".
    Move on to another thread if you don't like it. Your post could definitely be considered, "trolling".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When I took biology in school, it didn't include teaching us how to ****.
    ..... That is because when you take "Biology" in school - it is a concise look into the world of - gasp - biology. It includes the anatomy of various animals species, plant life, cell structure and in some schools - molecules, chemical reactions etc.

    When you take sex. education, they teach you some the social aspects of sex, how to properly protect yourself from STIs, the effects these different methods can have on your body, what to do in case you have a problem before(regarding STIs), while or after sex, what sexuality actually is, how it works, etc .

    No, they don't teach you how to **** in Sex Ed. You're being highly dishonest.

    Doctors say Sex Education is what is needed.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8470845/

    A leading group of pediatricians says teenagers need access to birth control and emergency contraception, not the abstinence-only approach to sex education favored by religious groups and President Bush.

    The recommendations are part of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ updated teen pregnancy policy.

    “Even though there is great enthusiasm in some circles for abstinence-only interventions, the evidence does not support abstinence-only interventions as the best way to keep young people from unintended pregnancy,” said Dr. Jonathan Klein, chairman of the academy committee that wrote the new recommendations.

    ....

    Teaching abstinence but not birth control makes it more likely that once teenagers initiate sexual activity they will have unsafe sex and contract sexually transmitted diseases, said Dr. S. Paige Hertweck, a pediatric obstetrician-gynecologist at the University of Louisville who provided advice for the report.
    http://www.avert.org/abstinence.htm

    Although at first glance the evidence can seem confusing, with claims coming from both groups about the proven effectiveness of programmes embodying their values, when only the most reliable studies are taken into account the position is clear.21 There is good evidence, from reviews of studies and studies of programmes implemented in the US, UK and other European countries and countries in Africa and Asia, that comprehensive sex education can reduce behaviours that put young people at risk of HIV, STIs and unintended pregnancy.22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Studies have repeatedly shown too that this kind of sex education does not lead to the earlier onset of sexual activity among young people and, in some cases, will even lead to it happening later.

    In contrast, there is no such robust evidence for the effectiveness of abstinence education. Almost all the studies that have claimed to show any positive outcomes are not well-enough designed to sustain these claims so it is not possible to infer whether they work or not from the research reports.31 32 33 Several academic reviews suggest that abstinence-only programmes generally have no effects on young people’s sexual behaviour. In just a few cases abstinence-only programmes may encourage young people to delay first sexual intercourse in the short-term. Worryingly, some of these studies also suggest that compared to other young people those who do receive abstinence-only programmes may be less knowledgeable about STDs and less likely to believe that condoms provide effective protection against them.34 35
    You are playing the Stinger Shuffle. Since the headlines do not make the specific claim that 'A does X' then you claim there is no evidence what so ever to support the claim that A does X. The problem with this is that people who are literate go past headlines and actually read articles before they go brushing them off.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 04-11-10 at 04:25 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    I think the vast majority of adolescents know how to put a penis and vagina together. Cavemen didn't have sex ed class in 7000 BC. So the argument that sex ed is teaching kids how to have sex is just a diversion from simple reality.

    It's teaching them that if/when they have sex, here is what happens in the body. Here are the potential consequences if you are reckless about it. Here is the physiology and here is why pregnancy can be so likely. Here are some myths that you might hear from your peers about sex and contraception, and you should ignore them because they are ineffective. Here are some personal stories from people who have contracted STIs that were life altering.

    You do learn reproductive anatomy and physiology in most basic biology classes, but I disagree that it's as effective as a sexual education course. Biology looks at structures and functions and places little or no emphasis on self-protection and social consequences. Also, most biology courses take place in high school, and sex ed should be taught at the onset of puberty or before so that children have the basic knowledge before their bodies start changing and sexual urges begin. Even with sex ed many adolescents ignore the facts and go with their urges, but sex ed statistically ensures the best possible outcomes. Abstinence only or no sex ed at all has already been proven to be a complete waste of time and of no benefit to modern society.

    Based on the arguments I've seen by many on the far right, I am starting to believe that they themselves never received proper sex ed because they don't see to even know what is taught in it, and that is concerning given the restricted access they wish to bestow upon their own children and on the governmental policy level.

  10. #230
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DA: sex ed could get teachers arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, it's very relevant. Do you want your kid to take a class to learn how to **** in high school?

    As a parent, I don't.
    Because you're going to teach them to **** at home. Right?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •