Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 194

Thread: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

  1. #41
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Unless you catch him with a bomb strapped to his chest ready to blow himself up in a crowded mall, he is not an active threat.
    I disagree strongly with you here. Anyone who plans, finances, facilitates, and assists in a terrorist act is an active participant.

    The same legal principle applies in other unlawful acts... the getaway driver in a bank robbery is considered an active participant and is charged with bank robbery even though he never brandished a gun or set foot in the bank. If the robbers within the bank should kill someone, he is also charged with felony murder.

    One need not actually strap on a suicide vest to be part and parcel of an unlawful and violent enterprise.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  2. #42
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Osama bin-Laden was never caught with a bomb strapped to his chest ready to blow himself up in a crowded mall.

    Your understanding of the meaning of "active threat" is very minimal, to say the least.
    Osama Bin Laden has nothing to do with this discussion seeing as he's not a US citizen.

    I disagree, a policy to remove active threats to the nation's people is a moral policy worthy of a civilized nation.
    As long as due process is followed I have no problem with the removal of active threats.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #43
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I disagree strongly with you here. Anyone who plans, finances, facilitates, and assists in a terrorist act is an active participant.

    The same legal principle applies in other unlawful acts... the getaway driver in a bank robbery is considered an active participant and is charged with bank robbery even though he never brandished a gun or set foot in the bank. If the robbers within the bank should kill someone, he is also charged with felony murder.

    One need not actually strap on a suicide vest to be part and parcel of an unlawful and violent enterprise.
    I understand that. But no cop in their right mind would shoot dead the driver waiting outside unless directly threatened. He would get arrested along with the others and put on trial.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #44
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    When you take up arms against your country, you lose all citizen's rights.

    It's the Donovan McNabb rule.
    Then some of our local militias, and those who are screaming for their states to secede from the Union, need to keep that fact in mind.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    One thing I don't get...

    You're letting this guy know you're coming to kill him...

    Think he's just gonna stay where he is and accept the approval?

  6. #46
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Good luck trying to get him to attend a trial not strapped with a suicide vest.

    He doesn't recognize the rule of law, so don't force him to abide by it. Just blow the mother-****er to Allah.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #47
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    He doesn't recognize the rule of law, so don't force him to abide by it.
    Nor does any other criminal. If they did, they wouldn't be breaking the law in the first place.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #48
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Nor does any other criminal. If they did, they wouldn't be breaking the law in the first place.
    Kind of hard to determine if a person is a criminal without a trial, huh.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  9. #49
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtprocess View Post
    The man in question provides aid and contributes ideas which create situations for the demise of people just going about their day.
    The man in question is accused of these crimes. They have yet to be proven.

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtprocess View Post
    We have already attacked this issue in regards to Hitler.
    Hitler was not an American citizen, he was the head of a state the United States was at war with.

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtprocess View Post
    I understand your point and it makes complete sense. In fact you are right to protect Americans rights. But to say we will hunt and kill terrorist where ever they hide and then say this one guy we have to bring in alive is counter productive.
    So because one President spoke foolishly, we should throw away the rule of law?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtprocess View Post
    It is a slippery slope but there is evidence and thus fact so the fact remains that we will hunt and kill terrorist where ever they are.
    If there is evidence and thus fact, the government's case should survive a jury with no difficulty.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #50
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: U.S. Approves Targeted Killing of American Cleric

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Uhh.. Then if he allegedly did that maybe we should be signing orders to have him captured and questioned. Why is the instantly jumping to death?
    Uh... My point exactly.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •