Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

  1. #11
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    159

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Did you notice that his skepticism was aimed at the effects of warming, not the existence of warming?
    Honestly, no. Didn't matter to me.

    What mattered was that a God among global warming alarmists was acknowledging the unsettled state of the science. And I was citing that in response to a claim that the science is settled.

    Besides, Mann is the guy who created the hockey stick chart that has been thoroughly discredited despite still remaining as a central talking point for alarmists.

    Just sayin'!

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,235

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Sword View Post
    Honestly, no. Didn't matter to me.

    What mattered was that a God among global warming alarmists was acknowledging the unsettled state of the science. And I was citing that in response to a claim that the science is settled.

    Besides, Mann is the guy who created the hockey stick chart that has been thoroughly discredited despite still remaining as a central talking point for alarmists.

    Just sayin'!
    You don't seem to understand how science works at all. Nothing ever relies on one guy.

    edit: And I should also point out that the "hockey stick" data was not a hoax, fraudulent, or falsified.

    edit2: Nor is it from one source of data.
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-04-10 at 10:04 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    We've had the coldest winter on record. Floriday citrus fruits have frozen on the vine, but some idiot will say that's because of global warming. That's the biggest line of horse **** I've ever heard.
    A statement that only shows that you neither understand what "climate" is nor do you understand that the notion of "climate change" is far more complex than you believe it to be.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #14
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You don't seem to understand how science works at all. Nothing ever relies on one guy.

    edit: And I should also point out that the "hockey stick" data was not a hoax, fraudulent, or falsified.

    edit2: Nor is it from one source of data.
    What happened to the Midevel Warming Period that showed before the hockey stick graph was 'created'?

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,235

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    What happened to the Midevel Warming Period that showed before the hockey stick graph was 'created'?
    That data was from an early study, it was more of a proof of concept, and the data came entirely from northern Europe. The studies that Mann did with Penn State was opening up that method to global temperature reconstructions as well as consolidating a lot of other methods of temperature reconstruction, and comparing those to each other. (and to the known temperature record we started keeping ~150 years ago) Basically, the medieval warm period was warm... but not warmer than our current temperature.

    The thing I need to stress is that this "hockey stick" comes from several methods of measuring temperature that all match up.

    Incidentally, the climategate "scandal" spun ENTIRELY from some questions about ONE method, the tree ring data. There's a 30-40 year period where the tree ring data didn't match the known temperatures very well. From what I understand, the discrepancy was figured out and the measurements track with the rest of the models now.

    edit:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKfz8NjEzU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Climate Denial Crock of the Week - "The Medieval Warming Crock"[/nomedia]

    This guy is smarter than me.
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-08-10 at 11:28 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,694

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're only outraged because you ignore massive scientific evidence in favor of the things you want to be true.
    actually many of us who take the concept of a limited government seriously and the concept of a constiitutional republic as something to protect abhor unelected bureaucrats having so much power.



  7. #17
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually many of us who take the concept of a limited government seriously and the concept of a constiitutional republic as something to protect abhor unelected bureaucrats having so much power.
    And you can add purposefully flawed usage of science to that list of grievances as well.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #18
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,694

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    And you can add purposefully flawed usage of science to that list of grievances as well.
    The left has always believed the end justifies the means. 100 million dead people murdered by leftwing governments in the last 100 years proves that.

    The Global warming scam is a means to gaining more governemnt control over private wealth. The left is never going to be honest about this subject.



  9. #19
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The left has always believed the end justifies the means. 100 million dead people murdered by leftwing governments in the last 100 years proves that.

    The Global warming scam is a means to gaining more governemnt control over private wealth. The left is never going to be honest about this subject.
    They know the end result would be bad for them, so of course the statist movement would lie.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,694

    Re: States Suing EPA as Agency Issues Regulations to Combat 'Man-Made' Global Warming

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    They know the end result would be bad for them, so of course the statist movement would lie.
    look at their 'studies' on gun control making us "safer"

    lying is no vice to the left as long as it advances the creeping crud of socialism



Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •