Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #531
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    A conscientious objector does not have to kill anyone. They don't even have to be in the military. It is their choice. They are not forced to do anything.
    A soldier that decalres a concientious objector status isn't automatically allowed to be released from the military. They still have to serve their obligation. It only means that they won't be required to serve in an MOS that requires them to kill the enemy. For instance, a CO probably wouldn't be made to serve on a cannon crew, not even as a powder monkey. he wouldn't be made to be a gunner on a gunship, or a pilot of a bomber. Are you getting the picture, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #532
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A soldier that decalres a concientious objector status isn't automatically allowed to be released from the military. They still have to serve their obligation. It only means that they won't be required to serve in an MOS that requires them to kill the enemy. For instance, a CO probably wouldn't be made to serve on a cannon crew, not even as a powder monkey. he wouldn't be made to be a gunner on a gunship, or a pilot of a bomber. Are you getting the picture, now?
    Right, but he is not forced to kill anyone. Just like doctors are not forced to perform abortions. Your argument does not make any sense.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #533
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Right, but he is not forced to kill anyone. Just like doctors are not forced to perform abortions. Your argument does not make any sense.
    Not yet. However, they are, or least PBO wants to be forced to despense drugs that violate their convictions. It's the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #534
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    "The public good", has been the excuse to rescind rights for thousands of years.
    You would have a point if anyone here was talking about "rescinding rights". However, the discussion has been focused on dispeling this myth that one has a right to practice any profession he wishes despite an moral objection to practicing the profession.

    I would be willing to concede if you could make a reasonable argument that there is a right, enumerated or implied, that you may practice any profession you wish.

    Jews were sent to concentration camps for, "the public good". Japanese, Germans and Italians were sent to internment camps for, "the public good". I get worried when people start talking about taking away my rights for, "the public good". "For the public good", is the basis of Facism and Communism.
    Way to toss Godwin's salad there, apdst.




    If I thought that Liberalism was the gaurdian high protector of my liberties, you're damn right I would be a Liberal. But, I know better.
    Funny that. You seem to interpret the constitution like one...complete with a victimhood mentality and creation of rights that simply don't exist in it.

  5. #535
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not yet. However, they are, or least PBO wants to be forced to despense drugs that violate their convictions. It's the same thing.
    It is not even close to the same thing.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #536
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    It is not even close to the same thing.
    There are no degrees of violation when referring to violating someone's liberties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #537
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post



    Way to toss Godwin's salad there, apdst.
    Just pointing out the historical rellevance of your comments. If it's too much for you handle, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    This is totally unprofessional to say the least. I would say the same thing toward a democrat who did this short of thing.

  9. #539
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There are no degrees of violation when referring to violating someone's liberties.
    Doctors are not forced to perform abortions.
    If dispensing drugs is your job you do not have the protected right to judge others and decide who gets what. You can and should be fired for not filling a prescription because of your beliefs. You have the right to refuse and your employer has the right to fire you.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #540
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Doctors are not forced to perform abortions.
    If dispensing drugs is your job you do not have the protected right to judge others and decide who gets what. You can and should be fired for not filling a prescription because of your beliefs. You have the right to refuse and your employer has the right to fire you.
    Depensing drugs that cause harm are a violation of the Hippocratic Oath, as well.

    So, IOW, you're for civil liberties, up to the point they get in the way of your agenda, then it's time to **** can them. Right? For the public good, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •