Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #521
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not yet, you mean.

    Once the government violates one right and gets away with it, they'll want to take it one step further and then another. Where does it end?
    Well, Obama isn't going to eliminate the right of doctors not to perform abortions, so relax.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #522
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not yet, you mean.

    Once the government violates one right and gets away with it, they'll want to take it one step further and then another. Where does it end?
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope]Slippery slope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #523
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Apples and oranges. We're not talking about an assembly line worker turning out 10 wiggest rather than 15.
    True, we're talking about a medical professional refusing to give proper medical care. Your comparison is irrelevant. If the factory worker refused to turn out widgets based on a moral objection to widgets, I would be perfectly ok telling him no one forces him to be a factory worker and so he must find other employment, too.

    We're talking about forcing medical professionals to take a life, when it go against their religious and moral convictions.
    No we're not. Doctors choose their specializations way ahead of having to perform the procedures. No one forces a doctor to become an abortion doctor or any other practitioner he disagrees with. His pursuit of that field is tacit approval of what the field does and if he doesn't agree with it, he can choose another specialty.

    Which brings us back to the Constitution. That damn Constitution is a pain in the ass to some folks, ain't it?
    Exactly. So let me repeat again a simple truth you failed to acknowledge or refute: there is no Constitutional right to employment in a field regardless of your inability or unwillingness to perform the duties that are critical to that profession.

    I know, the Constitution is a pain in the ass when it doesn't lend credibility to your argument, huh, apdst?

  4. #524
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Medics are issued 9mm handguns for self defense, not to engage in battle with the enemy. Their job is not to kill, but like everyone they have a right to defend themselves..
    No, they're issued M-16's to kill the enemy, not only to defend themselves, but to contribute to the unit's combat power and to protect the wounded troops in their care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #525
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    True, we're talking about a medical professional refusing to give proper medical care. Your comparison is irrelevant. If the factory worker refused to turn out widgets based on a moral objection to widgets, I would be perfectly ok telling him no one forces him to be a factory worker and so he must find other employment, too.



    No we're not. Doctors choose their specializations way ahead of having to perform the procedures. No one forces a doctor to become an abortion doctor or any other practitioner he disagrees with. His pursuit of that field is tacit approval of what the field does and if he doesn't agree with it, he can choose another specialty.



    Exactly. So let me repeat again a simple truth you failed to acknowledge or refute: there is no Constitutional right to employment in a field regardless of your inability or unwillingness to perform the duties that are critical to that profession.

    I know, the Constitution is a pain in the ass when it doesn't lend credibility to your argument, huh, apdst?
    So, the religious freedom part is open to interpretation? That's skeery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #526
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, the religious freedom part is open to interpretation? That's skeery!
    No, it's not open to interpretation. You are free to practice your religion. You are not free to practice any profession you want regardless of your ability to carry out the functions of that profession.

  7. #527
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, it's not open to interpretation. You are free to practice your religion. You are not free to practice any profession you want regardless of your ability to carry out the functions of that profession.
    Just like you're free to choose not to take a life, if it's contrary to your religious, or moral values. Holding to a religious conviction is usually what one does when, "practicing", one's religion. You sure you're a centrist? The way you support a double standard, you could be a real live Liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just like you're free to choose not to take a life, if it's contrary to your religious, or moral values. Holding to a religious conviction is usually what one does when, "practicing", one's religion.
    Absolutely. No one is going to fine you, jail you, attack you, or hinder your pursuit of happiness in any way because you practice your morality. However, don't expect anyone to make concessions in the quality of the public good because you want to practice your morality and pursue a profession that your morality opposes. There's no right to practice a profession regardless of your ability or willingness to practice it effectively.


    You sure you're a centrist? The way you support a double standard, you could be a real live Liberal.
    You sure you're a conservative? The way you interpret the Constitution in a feel-good, anything goes way, you could be a real life liberal.

  9. #529
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, they're issued M-16's to kill the enemy, not only to defend themselves, but to contribute to the unit's combat power and to protect the wounded troops in their care.
    A conscientious objector does not have to kill anyone. They don't even have to be in the military. It is their choice. They are not forced to do anything.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #530
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Absolutely. No one is going to fine you, jail you, attack you, or hinder your pursuit of happiness in any way because you practice your morality. However, don't expect anyone to make concessions in the quality of the public good because you want to practice your morality and pursue a profession that your morality opposes. There's no right to practice a profession regardless of your ability or willingness to practice it effectively.
    "The public good", has been the excuse to rescind rights for thousands of years. Jews were sent to concentration camps for, "the public good". Japanese, Germans and Italians were sent to internment camps for, "the public good". I get worried when people start talking about taking away my rights for, "the public good". "For the public good", is the basis of Facism and Communism.




    You sure you're a conservative? The way you interpret the Constitution in a feel-good, anything goes way, you could be a real life liberal.
    If I thought that Liberalism was the gaurdian high protector of my liberties, you're damn right I would be a Liberal. But, I know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •