Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #511
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Then they can't force the company to keep you on the payroll if you aren't performing your job either. They have a right to fire you.
    They can't fire you for your religious convictions. A Muslim employee can't be fired because he/she takes time out to pray 5 times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #512
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    No i don't object at all. Conscientious objectors use their beliefs to get out of being soldiers so they don't have to do the job.
    No, they do not. One of the best troops I ever served with was a young medic that came to my battalion in 1999. He was a concientious objector and was killed in Afghanistan in 2002.

    So, no, that's not what being a CO is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #513
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They can't fire you for your religious convictions. A Muslim employee can't be fired because he/she takes time out to pray 5 times a day.
    They can fire you for not performing the job you get paid for.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They can't fire you for your religious convictions. A Muslim employee can't be fired because he/she takes time out to pray 5 times a day.
    But you can be fired for not performing your duties that are mission critical to your job. And the state can refuse your license to practice certain professions if you refuse to carry out those job functions. There is no right in the constitution to have any profession you want without regard to your ability or willingness to carry out the duties of that profession.

  5. #515
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, they do not. One of the best troops I ever served with was a young medic that came to my battalion in 1999. He was a concientious objector and was killed in Afghanistan in 2002.

    So, no, that's not what being a CO is all about.
    Your soldier did his job and his job was not killing people, it was saving people.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #516
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    But you can be fired for not performing your duties that are mission critical to your job. And the state can refuse your license to practice certain professions if you refuse to carry out those job functions. There is no right in the constitution to have any profession you want without regard to your ability or willingness to carry out the duties of that profession.

    Apples and oranges. We're not talking about an assembly line worker turning out 10 wiggest rather than 15. We're talking about forcing medical professionals to take a life, when it go against their religious and moral convictions. Which brings us back to the Constitution. That damn Constitution is a pain in the ass to some folks, ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #517
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Your soldier did his job and his job was not killing people, it was saving people.
    Actually, part of a medics job is to fight off the enemy, so as to protect the wounded soldiers that are in his care. That's why they are issued weapons now-a-days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #518
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Apples and oranges. We're not talking about an assembly line worker turning out 10 wiggest rather than 15. We're talking about forcing medical professionals to take a life, when it go against their religious and moral convictions. Which brings us back to the Constitution. That damn Constitution is a pain in the ass to some folks, ain't it?
    You haven't been paying attention. No doctor is forced to perform abortions. That's the law and even Obama supports that law. Read your own link.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  9. #519
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    You haven't been paying attention. No doctor is forced to perform abortions. That's the law and even Obama supports that law. Read your own link.
    Not yet, you mean.

    Once the government violates one right and gets away with it, they'll want to take it one step further and then another. Where does it end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #520
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, part of a medics job is to fight off the enemy, so as to protect the wounded soldiers that are in his care. That's why they are issued weapons now-a-days.
    Medics are issued 9mm handguns for self defense, not to engage in battle with the enemy. Their job is not to kill, but like everyone they have a right to defend themselves..
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •