Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #481
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Wait - are you saying the gub'mint has a less bureaucratic system than private insurers?
    Kinda yeah.

    Currently, there are insurance companies that follow the exact rules that Medicare has in place.




    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  2. #482
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    Kinda yeah.

    Currently, there are insurance companies that follow the exact rules that Medicare has in place.


    But how can that be? The private sector is always superior, efficient, and wise! The government is always an evil, bloated, lazy bureaucracy!

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    What is the argument here? A doctor mingled his politics and his profession and some people think he's a dick and some people think he's a lion. He's no lion, he's probably just lacking a little control in his frontal lobe. He could use some therapy for his anger too.

    Any Dr. who decides to get out of the profession because of the Health Care Bill can exit stage left. They are probably ****ty Dr.s to begin with and we'll be just fine without them... better off even.

  4. #484
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The sign clearly refuses treatment to patients, despite the doctor's denial. He is in violation of the Hippocratic oath and Florida law, and should be prosecuted for his cutesy Teabag behavior.
    Abortion is a violation of the Hypocratic Oath, too, but we don't hear the Libs getting their panties in a knot over that. In fact, hasn't it been proposed that doctors be required to perform abortions, even going against their religious convictions? Wasn't there a doc/nurse fired recently because she refused to perform/participate in an abortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #485
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Abortion is a violation of the Hypocratic Oath, too, but we don't hear the Libs getting their panties in a knot over that. In fact, hasn't it been proposed that doctors be required to perform abortions, even going against their religious convictions? Wasn't there a doc/nurse fired recently because she refused to perform/participate in an abortion?
    Doctors are not forced to perform abortions. They refer patients to doctors that do.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #486
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Doctors are not forced to perform abortions. They refer patients to doctors that do.
    PBO wants to rescind law protecting medical professionals for refusing to perform abortions. Abortions are in conflict with the Hypocratic Oath, since some of you folks seem to be worried about it so much.

    Obama to rescind Bush abortion rule - White House- msnbc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Abortion is a violation of the Hypocratic Oath, too, but we don't hear the Libs getting their panties in a knot over that. In fact, hasn't it been proposed that doctors be required to perform abortions, even going against their religious convictions? Wasn't there a doc/nurse fired recently because she refused to perform/participate in an abortion?
    No, abortions are not against the hippocratic oath. I would love to see how you prove that one.

    And doctors do not perform abortions if they don't want to do so. In fact, general practitioners and family medicine practitioners don't perform them at all. They refer patients who want abortions to specific abortion doctors.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    PBO wants to rescind law protecting medical professionals for refusing to perform abortions. Abortions are in conflict with the Hypocratic Oath, since some of you folks seem to be worried about it so much.

    Obama to rescind Bush abortion rule - White House- msnbc.com
    I'm no fan of Obama, but he is totally justified in rescinding that measure by Bush. It was worded in such a way that it would allow doctors to refuse birth control to patients also. Read your own sources before you post them. It will help you to avoid self destruction of your argument.

  9. #489
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    PBO wants to rescind law protecting medical professionals for refusing to perform abortions. Abortions are in conflict with the Hypocratic Oath, since some of you folks seem to be worried about it so much.

    Obama to rescind Bush abortion rule - White House- msnbc.com
    "That rule was actually a poorly drafted last-minute attempt to, I think, restrict health care access and I think it would have had far-reaching and unintended consequences."
    "Federal law has long forbidden discrimination against health care professionals who refuse to perform abortions or provide referrals for them on religious or moral grounds. The Obama administration supports those laws, said the HHS official"

    Sometimes you have to read the whole piece to get the truth.
    Last edited by USA_1; 04-11-10 at 01:54 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #490
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, abortions are not against the hippocratic oath. I would love to see how you prove that one.

    And doctors do not perform abortions if they don't want to do so. In fact, general practitioners and family medicine practitioners don't perform them at all. They refer patients who want abortions to specific abortion doctors.
    Your wish is my command, sir.

    I swear by Apollo, the healer, Asclepius, Hygieia, and Panacea, and I take to witness all the gods, all the goddesses, to keep according to my ability and my judgment, the following Oath and agreement:
    To consider dear to me, as my parents, him who taught me this art; to live in common with him and, if necessary, to share my goods with him; To look upon his children as my own brothers, to teach them this art.

    I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.

    I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

    But I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts.

    I will not cut for stone, even for patients in whom the disease is manifest; I will leave this operation to be performed by practitioners, specialists in this art.

    In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all seduction and especially from the pleasures of love with women or with men, be they free or slaves.

    All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with men, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal.

    If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice my art, respected by all men and in all times; but if I swerve from it or violate it, may the reverse be my lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •