Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #451
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I agree, but I would contend that these types are not in the majority. Most people are just out to earn a living, whether they're a doctor, a teacher, or a fry cook. Once physicians feel they aren't earning a salary commensurate with their skill set, they will start exiting the field in large numbers, and many potential physicians won't even bother going to medical school. Who'd want to endure four years of intensive training only to make less than you're worth while navigating a labyrinthine system of government bureaucracies? Oh, and don't forget the lawsuits!
    Physicians already have to navigate a labyrinthine system of bureaucracies: the insurance industry. I deal with insurance companies and with Medicare. I'd rather deal with Medicare any day. And though most people are out to earn a living, how they determine what they feel they are worth varies from person to person. Is it the majority? I don't know. Is it a minority? I don't know. My position is that the general altruistic nature of the profession has a big impact on this issue, and the almighty dollar isn't as important as it may be in other jobs.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    If he's able to retire and wants to sell exotic lizards, he should. When I retire I'm going to wear a red hat and a purple coat when I go outside.

    We all have to have retirement goals.

    Seriously though, you not suggesting that he's going to retire strictly because of Healthcare reform are you?
    That's what he told my father. He's already pretty well off and thinks there is decent money to be made in the exotic lizard trade.

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Physicians already have to navigate a labyrinthine system of bureaucracies: the insurance industry. I deal with insurance companies and with Medicare. I'd rather deal with Medicare any day. And though most people are out to earn a living, how they determine what they feel they are worth varies from person to person. Is it the majority? I don't know. Is it a minority? I don't know. My position is that the general altruistic nature of the profession has a big impact on this issue, and the almighty dollar isn't as important as it may be in other jobs.
    What field are you in?

  4. #454
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    What field are you in?
    Mental health. I am a practicing psychotherapist.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #455
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    That's what he told my father. He's already pretty well off and thinks there is decent money to be made in the exotic lizard trade.
    Any doctor who retires and claims it's because of health care reform isn't being honest.

    If he retires it's because he wants to retire. He just wants to add some fuel to the fire on his way out.




    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Yes, SOME physicians are very altruistic, but if you're counting on these types of people to meet the entire demand of the American public, you're just dreaming.
    In the times that we are living there could soon come that time when we will have to decide.

    I only dream of Lady Ga Ga.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hmmm in one breath he says go else where in another he says he won't refuse service. The man is speaking out of both sides of his mouth
    And that is why I must wonder if he is still fit to possess a medical license.

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    04-13-10 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    240

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    Any doctor who retires and claims it's because of health care reform isn't being honest.

    If he retires it's because he wants to retire. He just wants to add some fuel to the fire on his way out.


    He wants to retire because of the healthcare bill. You're free to call him a liar, but I don't know where you get the nerve...

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    He wants to retire because of the healthcare bill. You're free to call him a liar, but I don't know where you get the nerve...
    He really has a puerile attitude. He must come from a wealthy family.

  10. #460
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,212

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    I saw this retard spewing all kinds of lies about the health care bill. He then said he got his information from the internet.

    The moral of the story is he only wants to see your penis if you voted for McCain.

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •