Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Might make things interesting...We have a fiarly large portion of Canada's doctors HERE because they cant afford to practice THERE...so...do they figure, what the hell...might as well go back to Canada? Do they look for elsewhere to practice? DO they just choose not to subject themselves to debt and 12 years to become a doctor?
    Some will move back. Others will move outside the U.S. Others in the future will decide that 12 years of college is too much. Such is life.

    This doctor has every right to limit his client-base in any way he wishes. However, in a free market economy, he may find that this hurts him financially. I find I don't really give a crap.

    I don't consider any of this a "sky is falling" scenario.

  2. #402
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Well duh. I think the same about anyone who would vote for Sarah Palin. And I actually have a point.

    Just saying you think the other side are a bunch of idiots isn't an argument.
    Exept you will notice I said I DIDNT think they were. I think most people from ALL political leanings dont like the health care legislation.

  3. #403
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,616

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Some will move back. Others will move outside the U.S. Others in the future will decide that 12 years of college is too much. Such is life.

    This doctor has every right to limit his client-base in any way he wishes. However, in a free market economy, he may find that this hurts him financially. I find I don't really give a crap.

    I don't consider any of this a "sky is falling" scenario.
    I work with doctors. none of them I know likes the legislation. They ALL want to see some form of reform...less hoops to jump through to get paid for providing a service, more legal protections where they dont feel they have to run a complete lab battery anytime someone comes into the ER for fear they might miss something non-related, etc. I also dont think this is a doomsday scenario. That will come when they pass univeral health care.

  4. #404
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    With respect to the interpretation of the 10th Amendment, an issue that arose in this thread, Cornell University Law School's Legal Information Institute provides a good background summary:

    CRS/LII Annotated Constitution Tenth Amendment -- Table of Contents
    I'm interested to see if TurtleDude acknowledged your post.

    Nope. Big surprise....not.
    Last edited by aps; 04-05-10 at 04:27 AM.

  5. #405
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Considering 50+ of Americans voted for Obama he will potentially lose 50+ of his customers if they are honest with hi and he keeps to his word of not wanting to serve those that voted for Obama
    I read an article that his practice is in a very conservative town. So my guess is that his patients will like him that much more. I still think it's incredibly immature and speaks horribly about this guy's professionalism.

  6. #406
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Exept you will notice I said I DIDNT think they were. I think most people from ALL political leanings dont like the health care legislation.
    Ah, okay. I think I see what you meant now. Sorry. Conditioned reaction.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I work with doctors. none of them I know likes the legislation. They ALL want to see some form of reform...less hoops to jump through to get paid for providing a service, more legal protections where they dont feel they have to run a complete lab battery anytime someone comes into the ER for fear they might miss something non-related, etc. I also dont think this is a doomsday scenario. That will come when they pass univeral health care.
    I think that if you see this legislation as an evolving process, that might relieve some of your stress.

  8. #408
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Sorry, I didn't read all 40 pages so I don't know if this has been posted yet...

    But the doctor was interviewed recently and couldn't say what was in the bill, couldn't explain why he was against it, and admitted he hadn't read it.

    You want this guy operating on you? You go right ahead.

    Doctor Against Treating Obama Supporters Admits Not Knowing What’s In Health Reform Bill Alan Colmes' Liberaland

  9. #409
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Sorry, I didn't read all 40 pages so I don't know if this has been posted yet...

    But the doctor was interviewed recently and couldn't say what was in the bill, couldn't explain why he was against it, and admitted he hadn't read it.

    You want this guy operating on you? You go right ahead.

    Doctor Against Treating Obama Supporters Admits Not Knowing What’s In Health Reform Bill Alan Colmes' Liberaland
    I would wager most of the people outraged about the bill don't have a clue what's in it.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #410
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I disagree with you. I don't think anyone would necessarily do it at a loss, but you are talking about a profession of helpers. The mindset and personality of people who do this kind of work places the health and happiness in a very high regard. There are plenty of folks in this field, that I know of, who CHOSE to make less money than they could because of how much they care about their patients. Not everyone, of course, but a lot. For many, money is NOT the primary mover, and it is NOT the primary motivator for excellence. For some, there are other things more important.
    This is true, but the bill also risks putting many doctors in a loss situation if it isn't fixed quick, fast, and in a hurry.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •