Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #391
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I didn't get that from the video. I saw someone really out of his element and completely unprepared for the questions that he was asked. I think he had NO idea that this was going to become the issue it did. He seemed uncomfortable and didn't answer the questions well.
    Not everyone is prepared to face a camera with a million viewing..or is it a couple hundred thousand. Whatever the figure 15 minutes of fame can make anyone a bumbling fool.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well regardless what we or the doctor thinks of Obama, he isn't the only one who thinks this way in the medical profession. It is rumored that many Doctors within ten years of retirement will retire, now we will have a shortage of EXPERIENCED doctors. Welcome to Obama care..take a number.
    It was rumored that many liberals would move to Canada when Bush was elected the second time and it didn't happen. I'd take these "rumors" with a grain of salt if I were you. If and when it happens you may have a short-term problem with the lack of experienced professionals, but that will fix itself in time. Not to mention the fact that it will be a golden opportunity for foreign doctors to move to the US in large numbers.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #393
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I didn't get that from the video. I saw someone really out of his element and completely unprepared for the questions that he was asked. I think he had NO idea that this was going to become the issue it did. He seemed uncomfortable and didn't answer the questions well.
    Yes, I gave him handicap points for nervousness. One thing for sure, the doctor is none to quick for thinking on his feet or flying by the seat of his pants. He had a non-stop "deer in the headlights" expression. I thought the questions to be fair and factual. However, the doctor cornered too easy.

    Whereas, I do support his right to free speech, I also support that same right for any group of people who feel compelled to picket and protest his offices.

    Wheter I agree with the doctor or not, it is obvious that he has made a very bad decision in his political zeal bringing it into his office space. Now, much like the Dixie Chicks, I think he will suffer monetarily for it. So far, I have seen nothing but dumbass decisions from this pecker checker. Forgive me if I am a little too picky as to whom I entrust my Johnson to.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #394
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    It was rumored that many liberals would move to Canada when Bush was elected the second time and it didn't happen. I'd take these "rumors" with a grain of salt if I were you. If and when it happens you may have a short-term problem with the lack of experienced professionals, but that will fix itself in time. Not to mention the fact that it will be a golden opportunity for foreign doctors to move to the US in large numbers.
    Might make things interesting...We have a fiarly large portion of Canada's doctors HERE because they cant afford to practice THERE...so...do they figure, what the hell...might as well go back to Canada? Do they look for elsewhere to practice? DO they just choose not to subject themselves to debt and 12 years to become a doctor?

  5. #395
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Considering 50+ of Americans voted for Obama he will potentially lose 50+ of his customers if they are honest with hi and he keeps to his word of not wanting to serve those that voted for Obama
    1-50+% of Americans didnt vote for him...a majority of those that bathered to cast a vote did.

    2-Out of those that DID vote for Obama...I have to believe they arent all mindless idiots that endorse legislation they had never seen just because their savior said it was the right thing to do. I cant imagine ALL of Obama's supporters are the kind of blind and crippled depenedent pets that endorse any and everything and dont care about the cost and just want mommy to take care of them.

    3-I believe a fair amount of liberals out there are disgusted by the tactics, the legislation, the debt, etc and DONT support it.

    4-C'est la vie...it doesnt sound like the doctor is too CONCERNED about losing their business...so...they SHOULD really 'show' him and not use him as their urologist. At least right now, people HAVE a choice on who, when, and how they are seen. So...by all means...they should voice their displeasure and exercise their opinion by taking their business elsewhere.

  6. #396
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    It was rumored that many liberals would move to Canada when Bush was elected the second time and it didn't happen. I'd take these "rumors" with a grain of salt if I were you. If and when it happens you may have a short-term problem with the lack of experienced professionals, but that will fix itself in time. Not to mention the fact that it will be a golden opportunity for foreign doctors to move to the US in large numbers.
    I don't pay much attention to rumors but in this case as with CDL's in the transportation industry, it lost 50 thousand driver plus, and is still struggling to gain experienced drivers. Perhaps this isn't on the same level as Doctors but, when one has cancer or heart disease one can ill afford a lack of experienced doctors or be placed on a waiting list. Most countries now which have a national HC, experience this problem.

  7. #397
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I agree. The Hippocratic Oath is so outdated.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #398
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I agree. The Hippocratic Oath is so outdated.
    I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
    I will respect the fact that Global warming is false, any of those physicians in whose steps I disagree with, I shall gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

    I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required (as long as they pay for it, and don't vote for Obama), avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

    I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, political discourse and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

    I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery (except if that person voted for Obama).

    I will respect the privacy of my patients (except their political beliefs), for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty (except that I know that my political beliefs are better then others). Above all, I must not play at God (except if the person in question voted for Obama).

    I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being (who didn't vote for Obama), whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

    I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure (except if that person voted for Obama, in which case his death will result in one less vote for him).

    I will remember that I remain a member of society (as long as it's strictly anti-Obama), with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm (except those Commie Obama Supporters).

    If I do not violate this oath (except if someone Supports Socialism), may I enjoy life and art (and discrimination based on Political Belief), respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter (only by true Americans). May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help (AS LONG AS THEY DID NOT SUPPORT OBAMA).

  9. #399
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    2-Out of those that DID vote for Obama...I have to believe they arent all mindless idiots that endorse legislation they had never seen just because their savior said it was the right thing to do.
    Well duh. I think the same about anyone who would vote for Sarah Palin. And I actually have a point.

    Just saying you think the other side are a bunch of idiots isn't an argument.

  10. #400
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    I think that people have no idea how much credibility they lose when they start using Beckology terms like "savior/messiah/socialist/Kenyan/ <fill in another idiot term here.> It's so clonishly immature.

    And thats a shame. Who knows how many good ideas or debate points are simply written off simply because the writer writes like a fool.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •