Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #321
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I bolded the part I disagree with, they all got hustled, meaning supporters of this bill and the Democratic party, we all got screwed as a nation, professional, and consumer base because they supported this ****.
    I was hoping I was wrong before it was passed.
    I am cynic here but more optimistic on the inside.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #322
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Money is an incentive to do more and better, it has always been that way.
    That is why some doctors work what I consider to be ridiculous hours, they want more money.
    As I stated before, when doctors are in their respective residencies, especially ER doctors, they have little time for much else.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  3. #323
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    As I stated before, when doctors are in their respective residencies, especially ER doctors, they have little time for much else.
    It's pretty crazy to me, I can't function without 6-8 hours of sleep.
    I will never be your doctor.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #324
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Money does not equal excellence. The very best doctors are not in it for the money.
    You don't know much about medicine or commerce do you? I don't work my ass off for your sake or enjoyment, or even to be the best professional I can be, I do it for money. Doctor's quality goes up because there is money in being the best, and caring about their patients is also a close a factor, but if you think they'll do it at a loss you're kidding yourself.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #325
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I did. The doctor's an ass. Patients go to doctors because they're sick, not to be make a political statement.
    That's not a very moderate tone.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #326
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Doctors are pretty important.
    If you don't have them, there is no medical system.
    Med school rationing will still be happening, otherwise, the AMA would of never supported the bill.

    I wish you guys would understand that we all got hustled with this last round of legislation.
    We have been getting hustled by the insurance companies and healthcare industry for decades. Hence the main reason for healthcare reform and why Obama got elected..

    The republicans had 6 years to do healthcare reform their way and did nothing. Now we are going to have to live with the dems plan.

    Time will tell if it is good legislation or not. We shall see.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #327
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    The money is just compensation for all the hours of study, labwork, internships and residencies that make up the life of the med student. Why the hell shouldn't a doctor who sacrificed most of his/her life to be duly compensated??? Oh, but I forgot, you think doctors should not make anything more than the minimum wage, doncha??
    Has anyone ever said doctors should only make minimum wage? Once again your comments are totally ridiculous.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #328
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    We have been getting hustled by the insurance companies and healthcare industry for decades. Hence the main reason for healthcare reform and why Obama got elected..
    Both of those industries have been in conclusion with the government for decades, that is how they screw us.
    The government pretends to hate them and they pretend to be fighting new regulation.

    When it comes down to it, they are both working together to make money.
    The officials gain campaign dollars and the medical industry gains more of your dollars.

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    The republicans had 6 years to do healthcare reform their way and did nothing. Now we are going to have to live with the dems plan.
    I don't think Republicans would have done any better.

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Time will tell if it is good legislation or not. We shall see.
    I think that is an extremely poor way to judge a bill.
    I mean there should be some certainty that it will work otherwise they shouldn't pass it.

    That is insane.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #329
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Has anyone ever said doctors should only make minimum wage? Once again your comments are totally ridiculous.
    OK, I would venture that is absurd, but what would you consider just compensation for all the sacrifice these people do??


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #330
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You don't know much about medicine or commerce do you? I don't work my ass off for your sake or enjoyment, or even to be the best professional I can be, I do it for money. Doctor's quality goes up because there is money in being the best, and caring about their patients is also a close a factor, but if you think they'll do it at a loss you're kidding yourself.
    Doing it at a loss? Whoever said that? Another totally ridiculous comment.

    The fact is the best doctors are not in it for the money. Even so, have you ever met a poor doctor? They all do pretty well. Why can't republicans understand that money isn't everything.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •