Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    10th amendment for one

    what part of the document was congress given this power?
    exactly how do you feel that this amendment was violated?

  2. #282
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    exactly how do you feel that this amendment was violated?
    congress was never given the power to do this

    I guess you don't understand t hat congress only has the powers specifically delegated to it in the constitution

    are you being evasive or just ignorant?



  3. #283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    congress was never given the power to do this

    I guess you don't understand t hat congress only has the powers specifically delegated to it in the constitution

    are you being evasive or just ignorant?
    neither....i'm asking you to explain 'exactly' how this amendment was violated, not just throw up a blanket 'its a violation of' argument...i'm asking for specifics

  4. #284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    neither....i'm asking you to explain 'exactly' how this amendment was violated, not just throw up a blanket 'its a violation of' argument...i'm asking for specifics
    one last time

    where was congress given the power to do this health care takeover

    where was congress empowered to force people to enter into contracts or face penalties?



  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    one last time

    where was congress given the power to do this health care takeover

    where was congress empowered to force people to enter into contracts or face penalties?
    i would think the 'necessary and proper' clause or 'general welfare clause' could be argued to give the government this power.

  6. #286
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i would think the 'necessary and proper' clause or 'general welfare clause' could be argued to give the government this power.
    LOL

    you don't have a law degree or any legal training do you

    But I give you credit, you think as Pelosi does

    but that is not a valid response though I admit, many politicians, who know even less about the constitution than you do, spew the same thing



  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL

    you don't have a law degree or any legal training do you

    But I give you credit, you think as Pelosi does

    but that is not a valid response though I admit, many politicians, who know even less about the constitution than you do, spew the same thing
    law training...nope....do you? how about contract law?

  8. #288
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL

    you don't have a law degree or any legal training do you

    But I give you credit, you think as Pelosi does

    but that is not a valid response though I admit, many politicians, who know even less about the constitution than you do, spew the same thing
    i missed the part where you displayed your legal expertise and posted why the general welfare clause is not a sound basis for healthcare reform (or medicare or social security or a host of other legislated public programs not specifically enumerated in the Constitution)
    i look forward to that profound legal explanation defending your position
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i missed the part where you displayed your legal expertise and posted why the general welfare clause is not a sound basis for healthcare reform (or medicare or social security or a host of other legislated public programs not specifically enumerated in the Constitution)
    i look forward to that profound legal explanation defending your position
    kinda what i'm waiting for...you are correct those 'clauses' have been used throughout the history of this country to justify such programs, and several laws.

  10. #290
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,730

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    law training...nope....do you? how about contract law?
    all law involves contract

    I am a civil and constitutional rights trial attorney as well as handling employment discrimination and labor issues.

    The "general welfare" and necessary and proper is not a specific delegation of power. If it were then congress could do anything it wanted and the tenth amendment would have no meaning because, by definition, congress will always "find" that its legislation is "necessary and proper" or "for the general welfare"

    However, in the last 15 years the tenth amendment--totally ignored by the FDR administration to the point that even conservative jurists accepted its shunning as precedent--has become a bit more prominent as the USSC struck down parts of the Brady Bill in Prinz and in Lopez threw out a law that penalized having a gun within a certain distance of a school as violations of the tenth amendment.



Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •