Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #261
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Just go back a page.
    here is post 248
    LOL! Dude, you're as lost as anybody on this subject. You want facts? The language of this bill does as much harm as anything my industry could think of to screw people, the difference is.....we didn't do it, your buddies in congress and the white house did. So remember, the language of the bill forces you to buy insurance or pay a tax, and the insurance premiums will go up, these are facts. I am reading this bill and it's currently worse than I thought it would be. To summarize, take your own advice and go get some facts.
    here is post 250
    Disgbe's are, this is correct, I am speaking to the general attitude of a very specific poster who knows about as much as disgbe's source. Again, I am reading the bill, and as an agent I see quite a bit of bad in it, most of the dismissals that I see from the Obama side are misinformed.
    post 252 page 26:
    Pay attention, I already said that part was wrong. I'm also saying you aren't much better prepared in this debate.
    post 254 page 26:
    Go back a page.
    post 256 page 26:
    Just go back a page.
    every one of your posts are above since digsbe posted that comment about doctors being forcibly transferred to places with few physicians (post 239 page 24)
    and no where have you posted that digsbe was wrong


    i do enjoy outing your lying posts
    you make stupid comments. i ask for facts and you lie and insist you have provided evidence already
    yet it is not there

    word for the day: PUTZ
    Putz | Define Putz at Dictionary.com
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #262
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    By telling sick people he doesn't want to teat them?
    He is doing them a favor. Just wait til they are all on universal health care.

  3. #263
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    If my doctor posted such a note, he would lose my business forever.
    Not to worry...with the passage of universal healthcare it will all change and you wont have the first say in where you go and even IF you get seen.

  4. #264
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not to worry...with the passage of universal healthcare it will all change and you wont have the first say in where you go and even IF you get seen.
    Doesn't it scare you a bit to think about what type of new mandates Obama and the Democrats might implement, in order to 'fix the glitch', so that doctors cannot turn people down? I think that's when Doctors will be told where to live, based on regional need for medical doctors... socialism is gonna be so much fun!!!
    Last edited by Politics101; 04-03-10 at 03:13 AM.

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    He is standing up for what he believes. These brainwashed people need to wake up and see the fruits of their actions and what is to come. Many blindly believe that this bill means everyone gets covered and America will become some healthcare utopia. I approve of this doctor's message, but I think his method is immature and may not be the best way if getting his point across. Although it did get media attention so I'm not sure about that. This healthcare bill is not friendly towards doctors or anyone in the medical field.
    Being in the medical field, I disagree with your assertion. For me, I can provide treatment for more clients and more completely because of both the no pre-existing condition clause and the clause allowing people to remain on their parents insurance until age 26. The latter, especially, has caused a LOT of problems that will no longer occur.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #266
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    every one of your posts are above since digsbe posted that comment about doctors being forcibly transferred to places with few physicians (post 239 page 24)
    and no where have you posted that digsbe was wrong
    He posted it TWICE. Once in this sequence:

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Please see donsutherland's post. disgbe's facts have been shown to be false. Do you care to amend your post?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Disgbe's are, this is correct, I am speaking to the general attitude of a very specific poster who knows about as much as disgbe's source. Again, I am reading the bill, and as an agent I see quite a bit of bad in it, most of the dismissals that I see from the Obama side are misinformed.
    And once here:

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Pay attention, I already said that part was wrong. I'm also saying you aren't much better prepared in this debate.
    Now you can stop.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health careAnd you can cease the personal attacks, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #267
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Being in the medical field, I disagree with your assertion. For me, I can provide treatment for more clients and more completely because of both the no pre-existing condition clause and the clause allowing people to remain on their parents insurance until age 26. The latter, especially, has caused a LOT of problems that will no longer occur.
    I think we will find that the no pre existing clause is a sham. To the best of my understanding of this bill while it says you can't turn people away, it does not say what you can charge. So yes they can have that clause and then say that someone with some horrible disease can have insurance at $200K per year, great help.

    Also without a strong mandate to have insurance, please explain how this works. I am healthy and don't sign up for insurance, then sign up for insurance after I have been diagnosed for a disease. Logic would say FEWER people will sign up for insurance, at least until 2016 when the mandate kicks in, With a penalty of only $695 people probably won't sign up anyway.

    It just seems fair that people start fully explaining themselves when it comes to what is in or out of this bill. Lets not play gotya debate.

  8. #268
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    I think we will find that the no pre existing clause is a sham. To the best of my understanding of this bill while it says you can't turn people away, it does not say what you can charge. So yes they can have that clause and then say that someone with some horrible disease can have insurance at $200K per year, great help.
    This is, of course possible, but quite doubtful an unlikely. I would be surprised if this particular loophole was not closed by the time this clause goes into effect.

    However, it is also irrelevant to the context of my post. My post addressed whether this bill will be friendly to me as a professional. I indicated two aspects that are.

    Also without a strong mandate to have insurance, please explain how this works. I am healthy and don't sign up for insurance, then sign up for insurance after I have been diagnosed for a disease. Logic would say FEWER people will sign up for insurance, at least until 2016 when the mandate kicks in, With a penalty of only $695 people probably won't sign up anyway.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. I think you will find some who will sign up because they do not want the fine.

    It just seems fair that people start fully explaining themselves when it comes to what is in or out of this bill. Lets not play gotya debate.
    That's not what's happening from my end. As a medical professional, I was responding to digbe's comment that this bill is friendly towards me and others I work with. It refutes his comment that it is not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #269
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    .....
    I found a study that sort of relates to what you guys are talking about.

    http://maximwebsite.tripod.com//BCBS_study.pdf

    For what it's worth, the language in the bill makes the mandate worthless.
    There is a religious exemption and there is no enforcement allowed with making people pay the fine.

    "(A) WAIVER OF CRIMINAL PENALTIES.—In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure."

    http://docs.house.gov/rules/hr4872/1...d.pdf#page=336
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 04-03-10 at 04:09 AM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is, of course possible, but quite doubtful an unlikely. I would be surprised if this particular loophole was not closed by the time this clause goes into effect.

    I was using exagrerated numbers to make an example. The fact that the bill does not set up a high risk pool that is subsidized makes this problematic.

    However, it is also irrelevant to the context of my post. My post addressed whether this bill will be friendly to me as a professional. I indicated two aspects that are.

    I am just trying to cite ways that may not wind up to be the case.


    Perhaps, perhaps not. I think you will find some who will sign up because they do not want the fine.

    The fine does not start until 2016 and even then will cost much less than insurance. There will probably be some additional peole with insurance by 2016, granted.




    That's not what's happening from my end. As a medical professional, I was responding to digbe's comment that this bill is friendly towards me and others I work with. It refutes his comment that it is not.
    My comment was general in nature, just tucked into my previous response. Please do not take it as a rebuke of your particular missive.

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •