Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #211
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    The trend of toddler behavior being celebrated as heroism continues. If you think something presents an obstacle to you, the manly thing to do is to bear is stoically and continue performing your duty as optimally as circumstances and your own ability allows. The strong man is one to whom increasing adversity is not remarkable or noteworthy.

    Writing emotional notes and then undermining them by professing to practice the contrary so as to be technically consistent with state law is not grown adult behavior.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 04-02-10 at 08:01 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #212
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The trend of toddler behavior being celebrated as heroism continues. If you think something presents an obstacle to you, the manly thing to do is to bear is stoically and continue performing your duty as optimally as circumstances and your own ability allows. The strong man is one to whom increasing adversity is not remarkable or noteworthy.

    Writing emotional notes and then undermining them by professing to practice the contrary so as to be technically consistent with state law is not grown adult behavior.
    First off, the country is being led by a tantrum thrower in chief, so people are reacting in kind. Secondly, when someone is being screwed over by bad policy the proper response is to remind those responsible for it that they own it, not to just say "okie dokie, whatever you say".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #213
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    I think urologists should only see democrats and proctologists should only treat republicans.

    That's a start.

    Let things work themselves out naturally.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #214
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    First off, the country is being led by a tantrum thrower in chief, so people are reacting in kind. Secondly, when someone is being screwed over by bad policy the proper response is to remind those responsible for it that they own it, not to just say "okie dokie, whatever you say".
    Please tell me you're more substantive than this.

  5. #215
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Please tell me you're more substantive than this.
    The irony is delicious though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #216
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Please tell me you're more substantive than this.
    Of course, but that was a blatant attack on the character of legitimate protesters for no other reason than saying "we won now shut up and do as your told". That being said I didn't see the merit in bringing my A game.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #217
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think urologists should only see democrats and proctologists should only treat republicans.

    That's a start.

    Let things work themselves out naturally.
    Finally, a little humor.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #218
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Finally, a little humor.
    A LITTLE?

    I tell ya. I'm a real gas. Just ask my kids.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #219
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    A LITTLE?

    I tell ya. I'm a real gas. Just ask my kids.
    Pull my finger gas or bring the masks?
    -Yeah, I know, will be back on topic after this.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #220
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    First off, the country is being led by a tantrum thrower in chief, so people are reacting in kind. Secondly, when someone is being screwed over by bad policy the proper response is to remind those responsible for it that they own it, not to just say "okie dokie, whatever you say".
    The nature of masculinity does not change because of what other people do. More generally, failure to be morally excellent can never be excused because other people aren't being morally excellent, although it can be understood and sympathized with. But sympathy is the emotion of someone occupying a morally or materially superior position; we're supposed to feel sorry for the doctor because he was driven to an outburst and is inferior because of it, not celebrate inherently unmanly behavior as noble.

    In addition, politicians have to behave in a non-masculine manner because the terms of their employment are defined by the expectations, desires, and fears of hundreds of millions of people as cultivated by a media superstructure dedicated to dramatizing every political event, even minor ones with a sensational appeal, as a contest between good and evil of cosmic significance. Tantrums are politically common behavior no matter what side of the aisle you are; political movements are themselves the collective tantrums of millions of people. Politicians have to imitate tantrums to some extent to get to their duty. The doctor doesn't have that in his favor; he didn't "have to" throw a tantrum to do his duty.

    Also, the chances this results from economic constraints imposed on him by health care reform are small. Doctor's salaries can only be minimally impacted overall because the number of doctors x the amount of service that must be provided is always grossly disproportionate. Money is getting shifted around at the top in the health care industry; doctors still have to be apportioned a high sum in any deal. He is almost certainly complaining because his political ideals have been frustrated, which is a very poor reason to recuse yourself from moral excellence.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 04-02-10 at 08:35 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •