Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 554

Thread: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I did. The doctor's an ass. Patients go to doctors because they're sick, not to be make a political statement.
    He might be an ass but he is well within his rights. And he isn't turning anyone away and he isn't asking for a political statement from his patients, so your point is irrelevant.

    What is relevant is that he is exercising his free speech and certain elements in this thread just can't stand that. Oh. Well.

  2. #132
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    He might be an ass but he is well within his rights. And he isn't turning anyone away and he isn't asking for a political statement from his patients, so your point is irrelevant.

    What is relevant is that he is exercising his free speech and certain elements in this thread just can't stand that. Oh. Well.
    I'm not saying he's not allowed to do it. I just think it's unprofessional. No one has commented on my post about how I would feel the same way if I witnessed a doctor call a patient stupid. If I witnessed a doctor give someone the finger. When I see unprofessional behavior, I don't have confidence in that person--whether it be a doctor, police officer, counselor, etc. If this means I "can't stand it," then so be it.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I'm not saying he's not allowed to do it. I just think it's unprofessional. No one has commented on my post about how I would feel the same way if I witnessed a doctor call a patient stupid. If I witnessed a doctor give someone the finger. When I see unprofessional behavior, I don't have confidence in that person--whether it be a doctor, police officer, counselor, etc. If this means I "can't stand it," then so be it.
    Then so be it. There is a difference between him posting a sign and verbally accosting a patient with abusive berating.

  4. #134
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Then so be it. There is a difference between him posting a sign and verbally accosting a patient with abusive berating.
    For you there's a difference. But even accepting that there's a difference, the varying levels of unprofessionalism still impact my trust in that person.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually the doctor is the story, if you want to rant and rave about Obama, there are plenty of other threads for that. Why don't you complain in one of those?
    what a teeny little perspective

    big picture: HEALTH CARE

    YOU CAN'T EXPAND M AND M BY 12 MIL WHILE CUTTING FUNDING BY HALF A T

    ALREADY SOME HALF OF OUR DOCTORS REFUSE TO TAKE M's NOR M'S

    IT'S GONNA GET A LOT WORSE

    now, what was this little doctor's name again?

    are you gonna BOYCOTT him?

    LOL!

  6. #136
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    ...

    What is relevant is that he is exercising his free speech and certain elements in this thread just can't stand that. Oh. Well.

    I love free speech. I hate the unprofessionalism. I picture someone arriving at his office door who voted for Obama for a followup appointment, and if possible, definitely deciding to walk away without questioning it. Really, what are they supposed to do, go in and pretend they didn't vote for Obama just so that they can get their appointment completed?

    I can't stand it.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    I love free speech. I hate the unprofessionalism. I picture someone arriving at his office door who voted for Obama for a followup appointment, and if possible, definitely deciding to walk away without questioning it. Really, what are they supposed to do, go in and pretend they didn't vote for Obama just so that they can get their appointment completed?

    I can't stand it.
    How about go in and not bother to say one way or the other? How about using their heads for something besides a hat rack and realize that it's just an expression of opinion? How about putting two and two together and realizing "Hey, my ballot was secret" and realizing that he won't possibly know how they voted? Or hey...here's a crazy, whacky idea...walk in, say something during the appointment and use the sign for what it was probably intended...an opening to a conversation with a health professional about what he thinks of the reform?

    Typed sign on the door, $0.25.
    Urology appointment, $175.00.
    Hysterics over free speech, priceless.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post

    <snip type="irrelevant blabbering"></snip>

    Hysterics over free speech, priceless.
    Hysterics over pretending that other people are having hysterics: priceless + 1

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    <snip> Moronic post snipping <snip>
    One trick ponies, priceless +111111eleventy-one!!!!!!

  10. #140
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Hysterics over pretending that other people are having hysterics: priceless + 1
    I'd ignore him, Dezaad. Don't give his childishness anymore importance than you already have. Move on to someone who actually has something substantive to say.

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •