Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 446

Thread: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

  1. #431
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yours confirms my orginal suspicions about you as well. When the numbers are posted you ignore them just like you did with the ones showing GDP, Govt. Revenue, and job creation AFTER the Reagan and Bush tax cuts thus refuting the statement that tax cuts cause deficits.
    I never ignored anything you posted; in fact i made multiple attempts to discus the data, of which you completely dismissed without any indication as to why except for the usual "because it makes the most sense" argument. I advise you stay on topic.

    BLS.gov will show you 15.26 million unemployed people or 255 thousand more than last month, 1.2 million discouraged workers which means that 3 out of the four months of this year the discouraged workers is over a million which has never happened in modern history. BLS will show you by age group where the unemployment is and by industry as well. I don't blame you from going and researching the site
    A little better, but still lacking any sort of quality and/or insight. You could have however been a good champ and posted the data with some specific analysis. for example:

    April 2010 labor force: + 805,000 (154715 - 153910). Then you could offer some insight as to why the labor force grew such as; graduations, improved employment expectations, market participation rate increase, etc... and maybe some analysis on the particular factors. You know, something other than an unsupported opinion. Adherence to such a standard greatly increases the informativeness of the debate/discussion.

    But instead, you resort to ad homs and partisan talking points.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 05-07-10 at 04:04 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #432
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I never ignored anything you posted; in fact i mate multiple attempts to discus the data, of which you completely dismissed without any indication as to why except for the usual "because it makes the most sense" argument. I advise you stay on topic.



    A little better, but still lacking any sort of quality and/or insight. You could have however been a good champ and posted the data with some specific analysis. for example:

    April 2010 labor force: + 805,000 (154715 - 153910). Then you could offer some insight as to why the labor force grew such as; graduations, improved employment expectations, market participation rate increase, etc... and maybe some analysis on the particular factors. You know, something other than an unsupported opinion. Adherence to such a standard greatly increases the informativeness of the debate/discussion.

    But instead, you resort to ad homs and partisan talking points.
    there is nothing partisan and political about reporting 15.2 million unemployed people and 1.2 million discouraged workers.

    The increase in labor force however is due to a number of factors including graduation but also probably to unemployment insurance running out as well.

    The fact is this economy has to have sustained growth of about 5% to make any dent in unemployment and the job creation last month was insignificant in the total number and gives no support to the additional 255,000 added to the unemployment number.

    One would have thought that the emergency legislation signed the first of February 2009 that was designed to stimulate the economy would have generated better results by now. Would you please explain to me why this emergency legislation that had to be passed immediately to keep unemployment from exceeding 8% has only been 1/3 spent?

    This Administration is the one making this political. They blame everyone else but themselves for the crisis we have today and then there are people like you that defend them. Instead of questioning as more a doing each day you continue to carry their water and never question what they tell us.

    You claim the stimulus should have been doubled yet only 1/3 of the original has been spent. We could make it triple and if it isn't spent what good is it. How long are you going to accept what this Administration tells you and hold them accountable for the actual results?

  3. #433
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    there is nothing partisan and political about reporting 15.2 million unemployed people and 1.2 million discouraged workers.
    Of course not, but this was not the extent of your post.

    The increase in labor force however is due to a number of factors including graduation but also probably to unemployment insurance running out as well.
    Maybe to a point, but people receiving unemployment insurance are still "in the labor force".

    The fact is this economy has to have sustained growth of about 5% to make any dent in unemployment and the job creation last month was insignificant in the total number and gives no support to the additional 255,000 added to the unemployment number.
    Make sure to consider the meaning of being unemployed; "actively seeking employment and not obtaining it". The fact that this number has increased is a testament to people entering the labor market. Those receiving unemployment insurance decreased 7000 last month.

    One would have thought that the emergency legislation signed the first of February 2009 that was designed to stimulate the economy would have generated better results by now.
    Not with its lack of size, focus, and timing concerns.

    Would you please explain to me why this emergency legislation that had to be passed immediately to keep unemployment from exceeding 8% has only been 1/3 spent?
    It takes a considerable amount of time to finance this project, as well as other spending obligations from the federal government (wars, aid, etc....). They could have offered higher coupons, yet that would have a negative impact on credit markets/spreads as well as induced a sovereign debt bubble with the federal funds rate at the zero bound.

    This Administration is the one making this political. They blame everyone else but themselves for the crisis we have today and then there are people like you that defend them. Instead of questioning as more a doing each day you continue to carry their water and never question what they tell us.
    This administration was not in power when this crisis began.

    You claim the stimulus should have been doubled yet only 1/3 of the original has been spent. We could make it triple and if it isn't spent what good is it. How long are you going to accept what this Administration tells you and hold them accountable for the actual results?
    I do not care about what the administration tells me; there was strong political opposition to the stimulus as is, and would have been even more unpopular if the price tag was around 10% GDP (as the successful Chinese stimulus was).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #434
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Of course not, but this was not the extent of your post.



    Maybe to a point, but people receiving unemployment insurance are still "in the labor force".



    Make sure to consider the meaning of being unemployed; "actively seeking employment and not obtaining it". The fact that this number has increased is a testament to people entering the labor market. Those receiving unemployment insurance decreased 7000 last month.



    Not with its lack of size, focus, and timing concerns.



    It takes a considerable amount of time to finance this project, as well as other spending obligations from the federal government (wars, aid, etc....). They could have offered higher coupons, yet that would have a negative impact on credit markets/spreads as well as induced a sovereign debt bubble with the federal funds rate at the zero bound.



    This administration was not in power when this crisis began.



    I do not care about what the administration tells me; there was strong political opposition to the stimulus as is, and would have been even more unpopular if the price tag was around 10% GDP (as the successful Chinese stimulus was).
    Democrats controlled Congress since January 2007 and are just as responsible as Bush for the mess we are in today and now with the WH and the Congress are totally responsible for the mess we still have today.

    We were not told that the stimulus would take 2 years to be spent and was supposed to be for shovel ready jobs. It was a lie then and a lie now.

    It doesn't make any difference as to the amount of the stimulus if you don't spend what you are given. There is no question that a stimulus was needed but not what Obama jammed through the Congress as emergency legislation. Most of what he is doing could have been handled as part of the normal budget process instead of emergency stimulus and he could have come up with a more meaningful stimulus for the private sector that would have had immediate impact and thus immediate benefit.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    And if stimulus money is the answer, why is so much of it still unspent? (I shudder what it will be ultimately used for....perhaps Democrat campaign expenses/advertisements?)

  6. #436
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And if stimulus money is the answer, why is so much of it still unspent? (I shudder what it will be ultimately used for....perhaps Democrat campaign expenses/advertisements?)
    Could it be that they are only spending it where they think it will do the most good and trying not to waste it..

    The way things are looking there is no cure to what ails this country. The hole we have dug for ourselves over the last decade is just way too deep.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Could it be that they are only spending it where they think it will do the most good and trying not to waste it..

    The way things are looking there is no cure to what ails this country. The hole we have dug for ourselves over the last decade is just way too deep.

    Is that the way it was sold after the election? What is a stimulus plan in your world? What did Obama say about this one? Does the word shovel ready mean anything to you?

    There is an easy way out of this recession but liberals never will do it, cut taxes and put money immediately into people's hands, even yours. Works every time. The economy Reagan inherited was worse. Obama is doing the exact opposite of Reagan except growing the debt worse. If he doesn't stimulate economic growth he is going to bury us. Govt. spending doesn't do that well enough as it takes the private sector to grow the economy.

  8. #438
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    You have already been exposed to the thought behind forgoing tax cuts when we are so privately indebted, and at the zero bound. Try not and spread false hope.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #439
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Could it be that they are only spending it where they think it will do the most good and trying not to waste it.
    What's so strange is that there is no "it". There is no money, so there is no account in which to put "no money."

  10. #440
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: U.S. Economy Added 162,000 Jobs in March, Most in 3 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You have already been exposed to the thought behind forgoing tax cuts when we are so privately indebted, and at the zero bound. Try not and spread false hope.
    I posted the results that showed job creation, economic growth, and greater revenue to the govt. The tax rate cuts did not cause the deficits not when they grew govt. revenue.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •