Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

  1. #31
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by GodYerTall View Post
    I think you are mistaken. You should join them and see for yourself. The term racist makes no sense to me. Isn't it the human race?

    I am sure there are some redneck and some lunitics too, but they are not all bad people. There are bad people in every group, yea even our government lol
    So the Tea People are true patriots who object to government spending and deficits? So where were they during the Republican administration when all this spending was legislated without being paid for, and the deficit was sent through the roof? Why do they only become outraged now when a black, Democratic president is doing his best to bring down the deficit and correct the excesses of the Bush administration? It seems extremely hypocritical to assign honorable intentions to these people when they were silent during the worst period of government irresponsibility.

  2. #32
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    So the Tea People are true patriots who object to government spending and deficits? So where were they during the Republican administration when all this spending was legislated without being paid for, and the deficit was sent through the roof? Why do they only become outraged now when a black, Democratic president is doing his best to bring down the deficit and correct the excesses of the Bush administration? It seems extremely hypocritical to assign honorable intentions to these people when they were silent during the worst period of government irresponsibility.
    Absolutely. If you want to look at these peoples true motivations and intentions....you need look no further than that.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #33
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    He is right about half of that statement. The socialist tag is most often used with those at the very least, fellow travelers of the Tea Party movement.

    However, I do not think the tea party's core constituency questions his citizenship status. I do not think the majority of the American public question it.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #34
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    He is right about half of that statement. The socialist tag is most often used with those at the very least, fellow travelers of the Tea Party movement.

    However, I do not think the tea party's core constituency questions his citizenship status. I do not think the majority of the American public question it.
    Statistics disagree with you. (edit: . Some absurdly high percentage of people identifying themselves as conservative/republican question his citizenship)
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-31-10 at 11:32 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #35
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Statistics disagree with you.
    Aside from the idea that because it is a populist movement, and populist movements are not necessarily the most informed movements, what social scientific proof do we have that suggests the movement as a whole questions whether or not the President of the United States is a native-born?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #36
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    So the Tea People are true patriots who object to government spending and deficits? So where were they during the Republican administration when all this spending was legislated without being paid for, and the deficit was sent through the roof? Why do they only become outraged now when a black, Democratic president is doing his best to bring down the deficit and correct the excesses of the Bush administration? It seems extremely hypocritical to assign honorable intentions to these people when they were silent during the worst period of government irresponsibility.
    Believe me, the rage was there when Bush was spending, too. You just had to look for it.

  7. #37
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Absolutely. If you want to look at these peoples true motivations and intentions....you need look no further than that.
    Uh oh. Even the liberals most hated source, Conservapedia references the Tea Parties upset at Bush:
    Americans across the country gathered in 50 cities to protest the newly-passed Stimulus Bill of 2009.[23] Over 30,000 people made it to this event.[24] Many at the event were upset over the economic stimulus packages and bailouts for Wall Street pushed through by both President Bush and President Obama's administrations.[25][21]
    Looks like this liberal spin fell hard, fast...

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    the rage was so great, indeed, it impelled a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER from CHICAGO into the white house

    LOL!

    millions more americans have a higher opinion of tea than they do of elephants and asses

    Tea Party more popular than Dems, GOP - First Read - msnbc.com

    buncha racists

    LOL!

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    why don't liberals like links?

  10. #40
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Obama: Tea Party features 'core group' against him

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the rage was so great, indeed, it impelled a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER from CHICAGO into the white house

    LOL!

    millions more americans have a higher opinion of tea than they do of elephants and asses

    Tea Party more popular than Dems, GOP - First Read - msnbc.com

    buncha racists

    LOL!
    Good to see you link to MSNBC. Buncha racists.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVGeEvXyoU"]YouTube- MSNBC's Chris Matthews On Obama "I Forgot He Was Black Tonight"[/ame]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •