Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 282

Thread: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

  1. #261
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    There is no way to know that. In fact, from her behavior at the onset, it looked like there might have been some emotional and/or self esteem issues to start with.

    You can't lay her death at the feet of these other kids.
    So are you honestly saying that you don't think that their bullying had anything at all to do with her suicide? I'm not denying that she could have been unstable to begin with, but I don't think there is any doubt that their bullying pushed her over the edge. Plus, does it not bother you that these kids showed absolutely no remorse and mocked her on her facebook page?

  2. #262
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So are you honestly saying that you don't think that their bullying had anything at all to do with her suicide? I'm not denying that she could have been unstable to begin with, but I don't think there is any doubt that their bullying pushed her over the edge. Plus, does it not bother you that these kids showed absolutely no remorse and mocked her on her facebook page?

    I think Jall's answer might surprise you.

    Takes all kind's of people to make the world go 'round.

    We should be more careful in who we entrust the live's of our children with.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #263
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, but there is an expectation that you have something to say about the point of contention rather than "wait and see". You know, like a real argument or something.

    You may proceed to post your stupid little yawny faces and make some statement of victimization before you run away tearfully again.
    Has anyone ever called you a bully Jall?

    You come across as somewhat, subliminally defending them.

    But I could be wrong.

    Just curious.

    Trying to play connect-a-dots with you. Wanting to understand better where you are coming from.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #264
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So are you honestly saying that you don't think that their bullying had anything at all to do with her suicide? I'm not denying that she could have been unstable to begin with, but I don't think there is any doubt that their bullying pushed her over the edge. Plus, does it not bother you that these kids showed absolutely no remorse and mocked her on her facebook page?
    There is no way to know what would have pushed her over the edge. Could have been a sad song. Could have been a broken heart. Could have been a checkout girl being mean to her. There is no way to know whether or not if they didn't bully her, would she be alive. Or for how long? Until someone else was mean to her?

    You just don't know.

    No one is defending the actions of the bullies. They're bullies. They're pricks. And they usually either end up committing crimes, on the wrong side of a gun, or they grow the **** up. But one thing that should not happen is putting them in jail, and giving them criminal records, or putting their families in financial debt just because they're pricks and out of PURE speculation about "what might have happened".

    Maybe she wouldn't have committed suicide if her family hadn't moved here from Ireland. I mean, how far back in the "what if" chain should we go? How far back to we want to look so we can place blame on someone else other than HER for her own actions?

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    ....but I don't think there is any doubt that their bullying pushed her over the edge.
    Yes, but without knowing the full cause of her condition and why, someone bumping into her could have pushed her to the edge. You can't say with certainty that she would be fine today had this not happened either.

  6. #266
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    And I'm saying it DOES work for kids/teens too. 100% of the time? No. Nothing does. But, do you have any idea how many schools I went to over years? I encountered this **** from New York, to North Carolina, to Nevada, to Virginia, to WV while in school. It's always worked for me. And, it's worked as an adult too. Though as an adult, I use the "be nice to them" approach much more often.

    You act like I've not actually SEEN it work as a teen. Or experienced it. I have. It DOES work.

    Now, it is kind of irrelevant in this case because discussing what she "should have done" is pretty pointless. The only reason I brought it up was because someone pointedly asked me.
    It's worked for YOU. You've been to many schools. I've seen many TEENS in many schools. I can tell you that what you suggest may work for some, but in the majority of situations, not at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #267
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    There is no way to know what would have pushed her over the edge. Could have been a sad song. Could have been a broken heart. Could have been a checkout girl being mean to her. There is no way to know whether or not if they didn't bully her, would she be alive. Or for how long? Until someone else was mean to her?

    You just don't know.
    I read somewhere (though I can't find it now) that she did this shortly after arriving home from school. On her way home from school, some of the girls drove by her and threw a can of something at her. Are you really saying that you don't think the bullying had something to do with it?

    No one is defending the actions of the bullies. They're bullies. They're pricks. And they usually either end up committing crimes, on the wrong side of a gun, or they grow the **** up. But one thing that should not happen is putting them in jail, and giving them criminal records, or putting their families in financial debt just because they're pricks and out of PURE speculation about "what might have happened".
    It seems silly to me for anyone to assert that the two could be unrelated. She was getting bullied by 9 different people. Her parents begged the school to do something about it because she was being tormented. I think it's pretty clear what caused this.

  8. #268
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    There is no way to know what would have pushed her over the edge. Could have been a sad song. Could have been a broken heart. Could have been a checkout girl being mean to her. There is no way to know whether or not if they didn't bully her, would she be alive. Or for how long? Until someone else was mean to her?

    You just don't know.

    No one is defending the actions of the bullies. They're bullies. They're pricks. And they usually either end up committing crimes, on the wrong side of a gun, or they grow the **** up. But one thing that should not happen is putting them in jail, and giving them criminal records, or putting their families in financial debt just because they're pricks and out of PURE speculation about "what might have happened".

    Maybe she wouldn't have committed suicide if her family hadn't moved here from Ireland. I mean, how far back in the "what if" chain should we go? How far back to we want to look so we can place blame on someone else other than HER for her own actions?
    This case is not based on whether these kids's acts caused her death. If they are found guilty of, say, criminal harassment b ased on what actually happened, how can you say they will have criminal records based on speculation.

    It amazes me that with what little evidence is out there, you speak like your position is "fact." Get over yourself.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So are you honestly saying that you don't think that their bullying had anything at all to do with her suicide? I'm not denying that she could have been unstable to begin with, but I don't think there is any doubt that their bullying pushed her over the edge. Plus, does it not bother you that these kids showed absolutely no remorse and mocked her on her facebook page?
    I am saying you don't know that she wouldn't have killed herself if those girls were taken out of the picture. She showed signs of having some emotional disturbances to start with, first by immediately sleeping around and then by killing herself. That's really dramatic and has a note of finality to it that healthy people would not indulge.

    She might not have killed herself that day, but she very well might have killed herself the next over something her mom or dad said, over an argument with her sister, or over something that happened on 90210. You don't know and you can't blame these other kids for her death. No one hung that girl but her.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Has anyone ever called you a bully Jall?

    You come across as somewhat, subliminally defending them.

    But I could be wrong.

    Just curious.

    Trying to play connect-a-dots with you. Wanting to understand better where you are coming from.
    I think I have been called a bully on here once or twice. I have never really been a bully other than little incidents with my brother and that doesn't count. That's called sibling rivalry.

    And no, I am not defending their actions. I am condemning the criminal charges against them.

    How I feel about their actions is irrelevant to the reality of the situation. I may be disgusted by them as people, but I am not willing to trump criminal charges against them to placate damaged feelings over a disturbed girl's death.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •