Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 282

Thread: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

  1. #251
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    I just read an article where it said her parents are thinking about filing a civil suit. I hope they do.

  2. #252
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I just read an article where it said her parents are thinking about filing a civil suit. I hope they do.
    Yeah, because money makes it all better. What a crock of ****. Their daughter dies and they want money? I ****ing hate that kind of narcissistic, money grabbing abuse of our legal system.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I just read an article where it said her parents are thinking about filing a civil suit. I hope they do.
    Yes, because these girls are so responsible, monetarily, for these parents not listening to and paying enough attention to their disturbed little daughter to keep her from stringing herself up in a closet because some kids were big mean poopy-heads to her.

  4. #254
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yeah, because money makes it all better. What a crock of ****. Their daughter dies and they want money? I ****ing hate that kind of narcissistic, money grabbing abuse of our legal system.
    Well, they can't shoot 'em. Can't hang 'em either.


    Looks like money's gonna have to do.

    PS... Can't believe you even wrote that.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, they can't shoot 'em. Can't hang 'em either.


    Looks like money's gonna have to do.

    PS... Can't believe you even wrote that.
    Why? Everything about this has the fingerprints of mental defect on the so-called "victim". She arrives from overseas, immediately starts sleeping around with guys from the football team and then goes and hangs herself as a response to some teasing.

    Why should those other kids or the parents of those other kids pay for a tragedy that could have been avoided with paxil?

  6. #256
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yes, because these girls are so responsible, monetarily, for these parents not listening to and paying enough attention to their disturbed little daughter to keep her from stringing herself up in a closet because some kids were big mean poopy-heads to her.
    All due respect Jally, but that point of view, right there, is one reason bully's get away with as much **** as they do.

    Just sayin'.

    I think everybody knows my opinion of bullies. I hope they stick it up their ass, rotate it, and then break it off.

    But hey, it's Good Friday.

    Peace be unto you.


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #257
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, they can't shoot 'em. Can't hang 'em either.


    Looks like money's gonna have to do.

    PS... Can't believe you even wrote that.
    Can't shoot who? No one is responsible for their daughter's death but their daughter. If anyone at ALL would be responsible for not realizing she needed serious help, it's the parents.

    How in the bloody hell is money going to help anything? Seeking a monetary settlement for the death of a loved one is just ... disgusting. Absolutely a disgusting, self-centered, self-serving, pathetic ABUSE of our legal system.

  8. #258
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Can't shoot who? No one is responsible for their daughter's death but their daughter. If anyone at ALL would be responsible for not realizing she needed serious help, it's the parents.
    I can definitely see your point here. However, were it not for the bullies, she probably wouldn't have committed suicide in the first place. They pushed her to that point. I honestly just wish kids had the smarts to realize that anyone could be completely unstable and that you never know what someone could be capable of if pushed far enough. It disgusts me even more that they mocked her on her facebook page after her death. To me that sounds quite sociopathic. The parents did, however, have a responsibility to their daughter to get her the care that she obviously required. While I doubt anything too terribly serious will happen to these bullying kids, I sincerely hope that it will haunt them for the rest of their lives. I know it would me.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I can definitely see your point here. However, were it not for the bullies, she probably wouldn't have committed suicide in the first place.
    There is no way to know that. In fact, from her behavior at the onset, it looked like there might have been some emotional and/or self esteem issues to start with.

    You can't lay her death at the feet of these other kids.

  10. #260
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Nine Charged in Bullying of Massachusetts Teen Who Killed Herself

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Can't shoot who? No one is responsible for their daughter's death but their daughter. If anyone at ALL would be responsible for not realizing she needed serious help, it's the parents.

    How in the bloody hell is money going to help anything? Seeking a monetary settlement for the death of a loved one is just ... disgusting. Absolutely a disgusting, self-centered, self-serving, pathetic ABUSE of our legal system.
    I can agree that responsibility rests on the shoulders of many. No argument here.

    The daughter had to be a brick shy of a load to take such a long term approach to a short term problem.

    But I think this issue is the PERFECT oppertunity to stick a spike, once and for all, in the issue of the blind-eyed, social acceptance of harassment, mental abuse and bullying that every short kid, that ever rode the short bus, has had to endure over the ages.

    And if money is what it takes to get their goddam attention, I'm all for it. I would prefer lashings, but I digress.

    Sure, some may say, "Kids will be kids. It's a natural process. Toughen up. Only the strong survive." And that's all well and good for the strong. But I'm here, on the side of the weak. (Perhaps that is why I am such a pro-lifer too.)

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •