Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Man charged with threatening to kill Cantor and his family

  1. #41
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Man charged with threatening to kill Cantor and his family

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    So then the guy is clearly a nut? Well I am glad whatever he was planning he wasn't able to fulfill and that he rest safely behind bars for a while.
    This guy who treatened CANTOR was a bonified whack job and it does not appear at all that he was acting from partisan reasons since he did indeed threaten both BO and Cantor. Of course this guy is a very bad apple and needs to be put away for life but CANTOR , the Tea Bobs , CANTOR appllogists cannot call this partisan or balme the Democrats for this nut job.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 03-30-10 at 10:45 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    how did you get that?

    No, he's under the impression that democrats are grandstanding hypocrites for saying that republicans are inciting people to violence, when republicans are getting threatened as well.
    Some place along the line, when young, spankings should have been administered to the liars on this forum... Politics are filthy, both sides cannot be proud of what they do..
    This is a case of a man pulling a criminal act, his politics have nothing to do with this....

  3. #43
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Some place along the line, when young, spankings should have been administered to the liars on this forum... Politics are filthy, both sides cannot be proud of what they do..
    This is a case of a man pulling a criminal act, his politics have nothing to do with this....
    It's like an addiction. Once you figure out how much politics plays into your own life, you either go one of two directions: digging into it deeper to find the corruption, or ignoring it by pretending nothing bad will happen if you just keep thinking happy thoughts. Most people go the happy thoughts route, and I don't blame them... but it's too late for me. I've paid to close attention to what Obama is doing to this country, I wish I could just turn it off and make the tax and debt increases stop...

  4. #44
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You can disagree all you like but it doesnt make you correct. Article 1 is very clear in that Texas is subject to the Constitution of the United States. There is no mechanism for secession in the US Constitution. Furthermore the supreme court did address this contrary to what you stated in Texas V White 1869. The supreme court ruled that Texas remained apart of the union since it first joined regardless of it joining the confederacy. The court also held the US Constitution does not permit the states the right to secede. Your argument holds no weight under the US Constitution. Try reading the Joint Resolution of 1845 for better clarity on the annexation of Texas
    Well I am not claiming to be correct or incorrect it's unresolved, but what I am saying is that it can be argued and it could go either way. None the less if the federal government violates the 10th amendment, in a sense this would be a breach of contract and that being the constitution. Thus far this issue has never been resolved, therefor the Texas constitution could be used to secede. I am also aware the U.S. constitution does not permit states to secede but like I mention in regards to Texas it has never been completely resolved. The ruling of 1869 take precedence over the 1845 decision...IMO
    All in all my main point being is that there is maneuvering room for Texas to pursue this, although this would never happen unless the federal government goes extreme and completely goes off the cliff. Rattling the saber is healthy from time to time to remind the federal government of it's duty and obligations to the constitution.

    BTW I am not saying your wrong either, I just believe with some certainty that this case could be made if the federal government continues down the path it is currently traveling.
    Last edited by deltabtry; 03-31-10 at 12:57 AM.

  5. #45
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well I am not claiming to be correct or incorrect it's unresolved, but what I am saying is that it can be argued and it could go either way. None the less if the federal government violates the 10th amendment, in a sense this would be a breach of contract and that being the constitution. Thus far this issue has never been resolved, therefor the Texas constitution could be used to secede. I am also aware the U.S. constitution does not permit states to secede but like I mention in regards to Texas it has never been completely resolved. The ruling of 1869 take precedence over the 1845 decision...IMO
    All in all my main point being is that there is maneuvering room for Texas to pursue this, although this would never happen unless the federal government goes extreme and completely goes off the cliff. Rattling the saber is healthy from time to time to remind the federal government of it's duty and obligations to the constitution.

    BTW I am not saying your wrong either, I just believe with some certainty that this case could be made if the federal government continues down the path it is currently traveling.
    Youre not making any sense. You're saying it hasnt been resolved and yet it was resolved under the supreme court ruling. The Texas constitution states that it is subject to the US Constitution and the US Constitution has no mechanism for secession. Texas has no right to secede, it is not possible under the joint resolution that congress passed in 1845 making them a state and is not possible under the constitution. If the 10th was indeed violated they could take it up in the courts but that still gives them no right to secede.

    You are incorrect in saying it wasnt resolved as it has been resolved no state has the right to secession.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Quote me where I stated it is American to secede and maybe you would have a point.

    There is nothing inherently violent about seceding, that is my point.

    You claim that the suggestion of seceding is violent because of the example of the civil war.


    So by your logic, It is violent to wear red because of street gang violence associated with that color.
    Incorrect assumption. Secession lead to civil war the color red doesnt necessarily lead to gang violence. Besides its beyond talking about secession when you have right wing squawkers on the radio talking about an armed revolution.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 03-31-10 at 11:12 AM.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Incorrect assumption. Secession lead to civil war the color red doesnt necessarily lead to gang violence. Besides its beyond talking about secession when you have right wing squawkers on the radio talking about an armed revolution.
    Those guys are morons.

    The only reason why secession would lead to violence is on the behalf of the group that was seceeded FROM. Not the group Seceeding.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #48
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Youre not making any sense. You're saying it hasnt been resolved and yet it was resolved under the supreme court ruling. The Texas constitution states that it is subject to the US Constitution and the US Constitution has no mechanism for secession. Texas has no right to secede, it is not possible under the joint resolution that congress passed in 1845 making them a state and is not possible under the constitution. If the 10th was indeed violated they could take it up in the courts but that still gives them no right to secede.

    You are incorrect in saying it wasnt resolved as it has been resolved no state has the right to secession.
    You are correct but after the civil war Texas had to be readmitted to the Union, meaning it was no longer part of the union. This is what the argument would be.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Feds: Philly Man Threatened GOP Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    You are correct but after the civil war Texas had to be readmitted to the Union, meaning it was no longer part of the union. This is what the argument would be.
    There is no argument. Read Texas Vs White this was settled in that case. What in your mind would constitute this issue being resolved?

    Texas was readmitted under the original agreement as if they never left the union. They never had a lawful right to leave
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 04-01-10 at 11:59 PM.

  10. #50
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Man charged with threatening to kill Cantor and his family

    HUH? Have you read about what the kooky right wingers are doing?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •