Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

  1. #51
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    After the insanity and cruelty of the Oklahoma City bombing, I rather think we should take militia members at their word when they say they intend to do harm to people.
    And I think you need to have proof that they're doing something illegal. But I suppose that's the difference between us. I want all the consequences of freedom and you seem willing to support whatever government intervention can isolate you from that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #52
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And I think you need to have proof that they're doing something illegal.
    Well from what I have read the FBI found evidence of plans that were aimed at killing police officers both while on duty and while attending a funeral of a fallen cop. I think that is pretty good proof to act like the FBI did.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Well from what I have read the FBI found evidence of plans that were aimed at killing police officers both while on duty and while attending a funeral of a fallen cop. I think that is pretty good proof to act like the FBI did.
    The report of the charging sounds like everything was based on hearsay. Which apparently counts for a lot these days, but I don't think it should. We'll see though, it will come out in the wash. At least these guys didn't get Wacoed.
    Last edited by Ikari; 03-29-10 at 04:33 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,292
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The report of the charging sounds like everything was based on hearsay. Which apparently counts for a lot these days, but I don't think it should. We'll see though, it will come out in the wash. At least these guys didn't get Wacoed.
    Until we have a trial, no one will know for sure how strong the evidence is. The charges are extremely serious. I think we have to move past feeling bad for these wannabe terrorists, and be thankful that they did not get the chance to kill any police if they prove to be guilty, which I suspect they will.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The report of the charging sounds like everything was based on hearsay. Which apparently counts for a lot these days, but I don't think it should. We'll see though, it will come out in the wash. At least these guys didn't get Wacoed.
    I agree with what you say and that it is still too early to form full opinions of what happened.

    Although I did have to google Waco. Since it happened in 1993 I must have be like 5 or 6. Reading about it is sounds like it was a pretty rough time and I am glad an incident like that was avoided.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Although I did have to google Waco. Since it happened in 1993 I must have be like 5 or 6. Reading about it is sounds like it was a pretty rough time and I am glad an incident like that was avoided.
    Yeah, a rough time is putting it lightly. The ATF burned the compound down and all who were in it. Good ol' Janet Reno.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,292
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, a rough time is putting it lightly. The ATF burned the compound down and all who were in it. Good ol' Janet Reno.
    I love people who side with criminals.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I love people who side with criminals.
    Those guys were just crazy religious types, got all sorts of them. Doesn't mean they deserve to be burned alive in their compound.

    I love people who side with horrible, fascist government action. See, two can play the propaganda game.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:13 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,292
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Those guys were just crazy religious types, got all sorts of them. Doesn't mean they deserve to be burned alive in their compound.

    I love people who side with horrible, fascist government action. See, two can play the propaganda game.
    Except I did not. The government did not handle the situation well, but that does not change the fact that the Waco nuts where criminals, and that it is illegal to resist having a warrant served.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,175

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except I did not. The government did not handle the situation well, but that does not change the fact that the Waco nuts where criminals, and that it is illegal to resist having a warrant served.
    Whackjob christianist survival cults get a free pass from some.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •