Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The indictment specifies seditious conspiracy, conspiracy to use a WMD, teaching how to use explosives, and 2 counts of use of a firearm in comission of a felony.
    So basically BS charges then? WTF do they classify as a WMD these days?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So basically BS charges then? WTF do they classify as a WMD these days?
    The indictment:

    [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/29094078/Stone"]Stone[/ame]

  3. #23
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Excerpted from “Militia members charged with police-killing plot” By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press, 1 hour ago
    Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday. …

    After such attacks, the group allegedly planned to retreat to "rally points" protected by trip-wired improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, for what they expected would become a violent standoff with law enforcement personnel.

    "It is believed by the Hutaree that this engagement would then serve as a catalyst for a more wide-sread uprising against the government," the indictment charges. …
    I feel safer knowing that these nutjobs are in custody.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  4. #24
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I feel safer knowing that these nutjobs are in custody.
    The point isn't to be safe, the point is to be free.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #25
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Free to go around plotting the murder of police officers? No thank you.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  6. #26
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Free to go around plotting the murder of police officer, no thank you.
    There was no evidence of that. And free to do what you want until the point in which you actually infringe upon the rights of someone else. That's that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #27
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    You say no evidence without any way you could know that, but, obviously an indictment was handed down and a judge issued an arrest warrant all of which requires evidence, so I rather think there is evidence.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  8. #28
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    You say no evidence without any way you could know that, but, obviously an indictment was handed down and a judge issued an arrest warrant all of which requires evidence, so I rather think there is evidence.
    The indictment is for conspiracy and trumped up guns charges, not what you claim. You're the one supporting government force here, it's up to you to prove the point; not me. Innocence is presumed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #29
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I feel safer knowing that these nutjobs are in custody.
    If they are convicted of the allegations, they should have the book thrown at them.

    Personally, I'm just waiting for the usual Christain/militia/gun owner bashing. The press has been more than happy to repeat, over and over, the clips of these guys running around in their cammies, shooting their mean, evil, nasty, no good 'assault weapons'.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 03-29-10 at 01:37 PM.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The indictment:
    So, they basically said that WMD includes anything defined in Title 18 United States code section 921. Which is pretty much every weapon. That's a bit too much IMO. I think the majority of it sounds trumped up. I think instead you had kind of an isolationist, extremist movement which centered around militia and they ran their mouths a lot and bitched about the government a lot and finally the government had enough of it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •