Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Russia arms Iran, Venezuela, as well as any group / organization that causes problems with any of the western Democracies.
    Russia has a history of alienating any country that was previously ruled under the Soviet Union system.
    We have seen this behavior by Russia with regards to all the countries freed from Soviet despot rule, as with Estonia, Chechnya, Lithuania, Belarus, Poland, Georgia etc etc.
    Russia cannot accept that it no longer rules these nations.

    I have every sympathy for the relatives of those killed in this the latest attack, but I think that if any Country rules another Country against the wishes of the majority of the ruled Country's electorate, then they must realize that there will be resistance.
    The man that Russia has installed to run Chechnya is a thug, there is not the slightest evidence he does anything without the express approval of Russia.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the innocent persons who were killed or injured in the Moscow terrorist attacks.

    Russia has been involved in a long fight against terrorists. Numerous terrorist attacks have been carried out on its own soil. Although Russia has made progress against the terrorists from multiple organizations, much more remains to be done. Hopefully, Russia will ultimately be successful in bringing an end to the threat of terrorism against its people and the world will give full support to Russia in its ongoing fight against terrorism.

    When it comes to Russia's efforts to fight terrorism, and the same applies with respect to any state that seeks to combat terrorism, outside states should refrain from interfering in those states' legitimate exercise of their inherent right of self-defense. Although terrorist groups have their own ideologies and objectives, both of which can vary widely, there is a larger common interest when it comes to combating terrorism. By deliberately targeting civilians or engaging in indiscriminate bombardment, terrorists violate the Laws of War. Allowing for exemptions for terrorist groups creates a precedent under which it is permissible for that party to violate the Laws of War. Those who establish such a precedent cannot legitimately argue when others violate the Laws of War, as they have surrendered their standing on that issue when it comes to terrorist entities. Of course, in the long-run, such an outcome of accommodating terrorist entities can only encourage greater instability and endanger more civilian lives than would otherwise be the case.
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 03-29-10 at 08:38 PM.

  3. #23
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Moscow is fighting a growing Islamist insurgency is just about all we need to hear for me to go off again about how stupid Nations are to allow this cult to operate within their borders.

    Any group that has it's core a belief that you will receive redemption for any any all sins or transgressions committed by simply killing infidels even if a few Muslims also die is not a religion, it's a CULT straight up.

    Cults like this one that preach death and destruction should be banned world wide and those who promote them should be rounded up and imprisoned for life.

    I know there are some who claim Islam to be a religion of peace but history says other wise.

    I also know that all Muslims are not Extremists but how do you sort them out?

    Anything goes in Islam even pretending to be a Christian for 20 years if it helps your cause in the end.
    I do not see this as a Muslin problem or terrorism for that matter. I see this as Chechens or peoople such a Chechens who are fighting for their right to be free of Russian imperialism. Russians had invaded countries ssuch as Chechenya and have committed utold atrocities over the centuries. The few dead Russians this past weekend is but a nano bit of payback for the years that those monsters - the Russians had committed murder, genocide, ethnocide, and terrorism upon the nations that they invaded and occupied.

    I cry NOT for those Russian murderers !!
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 03-29-10 at 09:09 PM.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  4. #24
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Not enough, clearly.
    It is clear that people need to study the history of Russia and Russian terrorism against their neighbors. We should never shed any tears for the Monsters of Moscow !!!
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    It is clear that people need to study the history of Russia and Russian terrorism against their neighbors. We should never shed any tears for the Monsters of Moscow !!!
    Something about stones and glass houses comes to mind.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #26
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the innocent persons who were killed or injured in the Moscow terrorist attacks.

    Russia has been involved in a long fight against terrorists. Numerous terrorist attacks have been carried out on its own soil. Although Russia has made progress against the terrorists from multiple organizations, much more remains to be done. Hopefully, Russia will ultimately be successful in bringing an end to the threat of terrorism against its people and the world will give full support to Russia in its ongoing fight against terrorism.

    When it comes to Russia's efforts to fight terrorism, and the same applies with respect to any state that seeks to combat terrorism, outside states should refrain from interfering in those states' legitimate exercise of their inherent right of self-defense. Although terrorist groups have their own ideologies and objectives, both of which can vary widely, there is a larger common interest when it comes to combating terrorism. By deliberately targeting civilians or engaging in indiscriminate bombardment, terrorists violate the Laws of War. Allowing for exemptions for terrorist groups creates a precedent under which it is permissible for that party to violate the Laws of War. Those who establish such a precedent cannot legitimately argue when others violate the Laws of War, as they have surrendered their standing on that issue when it comes to terrorist entities. Of course, in the long-run, such an outcome of accommodating terrorist entities can only encourage greater instability and endanger more civilian lives than would otherwise be the case.
    The truth here is that Russia is the terrorist state here just as was it's predicessor the USSR and before that the Imperial Russian Empire.

    Russia deserves all that it gets from those who it committed genocide against.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  7. #27
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    any pain is enough to cause actions like this from a small minority.
    Russia and the Russians have inflicted centuries of death, destruction via terrorism upon peoples such as the Chechens therefore a little bit of retaliation by two patriotic woman is hardly enough retribution for those monsters the Russians.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post

    ... a little bit of retaliation by two patriotic woman is hardly enough retribution for those monsters the Russians.
    I strongly disagree.

    Guilt is neither collective nor inherited. Indeed, if it were, actual and perceived grievances would persist for perpetuity and the future would become a continual quest for avenging those actual or perceived grievances of the past, no matter how far in the past they occurred. Distinctions between individual guilt or innocence would cease to exist. The rule of law would be irrelevant. Unarmed civilians, including women and children, would enjoy no sanctuary. Genocide would become the single means by which the perpetual cycle of vengeance could be ended. That would be an ugly world, to put things very mildly. It would be anything but civilized by any sense of the term.
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 03-29-10 at 10:52 PM.

  9. #29
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I strongly disagree.

    Guilt is neither collective nor inherited.

    I think you will find in certain societies it is just that.

    Indeed, if it were, actual and perceived grievances would persist for perpetuity and the future would become a continual quest for avenging those actual or perceived grievances of the past, no matter how far in the past they occurred.

    And this also happens.
    Distinctions between individual guilt or innocence would cease to exist.

    But you have to admit feuding does exist and is passed on down the line of inheritance.

    The rule of law would be irrelevant.

    With this type of feuding, the law of the land is irrelevant.

    Unarmed civilians, including women and children, would enjoy no sanctuary.

    Quite correct.

    Genocide would become the single means by which the perpetual cycle of vengeance could be ended.

    No, in this you are incorrect. Genocide would become another cause for continued feuding.

    That would be an ugly world, to put things very mildly. It would be anything but civilized by any sense of the term.
    So with all that is happening with various people arming themselves with explosive devices and going forth to murder complete strangers, does this make you imagine you and I live in a beautiful world?

    Our Human world is ugly.
    The only way by which we can measure civilization.
    is by how we as individuals live.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Blasts in Moscow metro kill at least 37

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    So with all that is happening with various people arming themselves with explosive devices and going forth to murder complete strangers, does this make you imagine you and I live in a beautiful world?
    The reality that the world is not idealistic and not every person/entity/state has peaceful/benign intentions is precisely why states should not be deprived of exercising their legitimate and inherent right of self-defense.
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 03-29-10 at 11:31 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •