Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

  1. #11
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am a little tired of the media-orchestrated smear campaign against the Church. Yes, there are tragedies and I pray for the victims as well as for the priests who committed them. However, the overwhelming majority of those in the church, from high clergy officials to laypeople are good, honest, hardworking, faithful people who try to live out the values of our faith on a daily basis as best we know how. None of this invaldiates the basic truths taught by the Church for nearly two thousand years. Are there some bad apples? Of course. It is, after all, the world's largest organization. However, the wealth of good that the Church has done mush be considered.
    The media is just telling the truth!! Are you denying that there were and most likley are pervert priests who were protected by bishops arch bishops and cardinals ??? How can you say that the media is orchestrating what we all know happened - pervert priests molested chidren !!!! Those perverts and those who covered it up must GO TO HELL !!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #12
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    The media is just telling the truth!! Are you denying that there were and most likley are pervert priests who were protected by bishops arch bishops and cardinals ??? How can you say that the media is orchestrating what we all know happened - pervert priests molested chidren !!!! Those perverts and those who covered it up must GO TO HELL !!
    I agree that priests involved will face judgement. It is not for you or I to decide if they will go to hell or not, but they will definately face judgement. To whom much is given, much is expected...

    However, there are media outlets who are reporting as fact that Cardinal Ratzinger (the current pope) knew the extent and was involved in the cover-up. There is absolutely no evidence of this, but it has been reported on both radio and TV as truth. That is wrong.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #13
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I agree that priests involved will face judgement. It is not for you or I to decide if they will go to hell or not, but they will definately face judgement. To whom much is given, much is expected...

    However, there are media outlets who are reporting as fact that Cardinal Ratzinger (the current pope) knew the extent and was involved in the cover-up. There is absolutely no evidence of this, but it has been reported on both radio and TV as truth. That is wrong.
    If media outlets are not reporting the truth then they need to be confronted. No you nor I can not "decide " who goes to hell but I sure as hell can have an opinion as to who need to go to hell and pervert priests and their friends need to go to hell.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  4. #14
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    If media outlets are not reporting the truth then they need to be confronted. No you nor I can not "decide " who goes to hell but I sure as hell can have an opinion as to who need to go to hell and pervert priests and their friends need to go to hell.
    And your opinion of who needs to go to hell is completely irrelevant. I love how non-Catholics are in such a rush to send people to hell. God is Love, remember?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #15
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    And your opinion of who needs to go to hell is completely irrelevant. I love how non-Catholics are in such a rush to send people to hell. God is Love, remember?
    Who are these non Catholics who are in rush to send people to hell ??
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  6. #16
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Who are these non Catholics who are in rush to send people to hell ??
    Look at post #11 -- or are you Catholic?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    .
    However, there are media outlets who are reporting as fact that Cardinal Ratzinger (the current pope) knew the extent and was involved in the cover-up. There is absolutely no evidence of this, but it has been reported on both radio and TV as truth. That is wrong.
    You don't have to read too many articles to realize that Ratzinger HAD TO HAVE KNOWN. But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

    From the National Catholic Reporter (Credibility gap: Pope needs to answer questions | National Catholic Reporter)

    The Holy Father needs to directly answer questions, in a credible forum, about his role -- as archbishop of Munich (1977-82), as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (1982-2005), and as pope (2005-present) -- in the mismanagement of the clergy sex abuse crisis.

    We urge this not primarily as journalists seeking a story, but as Catholics who appreciate that extraordinary circumstances require an extraordinary response. Nothing less than a full, personal and public accounting will begin to address the crisis that is engulfing the worldwide church. It is that serious.
    To date, as revelations about administrative actions resulting in the shifting of clergy abusers from parish to parish emerge throughout Europe, Pope Benedict XVI's personal response has been limited to a letter to the Irish church. Such epistles are customary and necessary, but insufficient.

    With the further revelations March 26 by The New York Times that memos and meeting minutes exist showing that Benedict had to be at least minimally informed that an abuser priest was coming into the archdiocese of Munich and that he further had been assigned without restrictions to pastoral duties, it becomes even more difficult to reconcile the strong language of the pope in his letter to Irish bishops and his own conduct while head of a major see.

    he Holy Father needs to directly answer questions, in a credible forum, about his role -- as archbishop of Munich (1977-82), as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (1982-2005), and as pope (2005-present) -- in the mismanagement of the clergy sex abuse crisis.

    We urge this not primarily as journalists seeking a story, but as Catholics who appreciate that extraordinary circumstances require an extraordinary response. Nothing less than a full, personal and public accounting will begin to address the crisis that is engulfing the worldwide church. It is that serious.
    To date, as revelations about administrative actions resulting in the shifting of clergy abusers from parish to parish emerge throughout Europe, Pope Benedict XVI's personal response has been limited to a letter to the Irish church. Such epistles are customary and necessary, but insufficient.

    ....The focus now is on Benedict. What did he know? When did he know it? How did he act once he knew?

    The questions arise not only about his conduct in Munich, but also, based also as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. A March 25 Times story, citing information from bishops in the United States, reported that the Vatican had failed to take action against a priest accused of molesting as many as 200 deaf children while working at a school from 1950 to 1974.

    Correspondence reportedly obtained by the paper showed requests for the defrocking of the priest, Fr. Lawrence Murphy, going directly from U.S. bishops to Ratzinger, then head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, and Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, now the Vatican secretary of state. No action was taken against Murphy.


    ..We now face the largest institutional crisis in centhuries, possibly in church history. How this crisis is handled by Benedict, what he says and does, how he responds and what remedies he seeks, will likely determine the future health of our church for decades, if not centuries, to come.
    It is time, past time really, for direct answers to difficult questions. It is time to tell the truth
    Now, you may be some opus dei-like defender of the Catholic faith, but get your facts straight.

  8. #18
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You don't have to read too many articles to realize that Ratzinger HAD TO HAVE KNOWN. But, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Correspondence reportedly obtained by the paper showed requests for the defrocking of the priest, Fr. Lawrence Murphy, going directly from U.S. bishops to Ratzinger, then head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, and Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, now the Vatican secretary of state. No action was taken against Murphy.
    We don't know what he did know and what he didn't. However, it is clear that there are people out there with an agenda against the Church are in a rush to judgement. Does your source explain WHY Fr. Murthy wasn't defrocked? I didn't think so...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #19
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Look at post #11 -- or are you Catholic?
    Neither post 11 or any other post indicates whether or not I am a CATHOLIC or not !! I am but what does that have to do with this argument ? In fact that is why I am so angry about all of this because it is embarrassing and the pervert priests and those who looked the other way ruuined the staus of the Catholic church.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  10. #20
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Catholic Church accuses abuse victims of smear campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Neither post 11 or any other post indicates whether or not I am a CATHOLIC or not !! I am but what does that have to do with this argument ? In fact that is why I am so angry about all of this because it is embarrassing and the pervert priests and those who looked the other way ruuined the staus of the Catholic church.
    And in post #11, you indicate that they should go to hell. Why are you in such a rush to send them to hell? My experience with Protestants, in particular, is on in which they are in such a rush to send people to hell that they completely contradict their mantra that God is Love ... something that, if true, (which it is) means that he would do all in His power to help us go to heaven, not look for an excuse to send us all to hell...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •