Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 193

Thread: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

  1. #71
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Thank you. Our nation has sacrificed more persons to protect others nations. Euro hates us, Israel uses us. We have our own crap to fix at home.
    Great Brittan is the only nation I think we should help.
    I was just making the point that N.A.T.O is defending us against imaginary potential invaders.

  2. #72
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Peace is not on offer due to the actions and rejections of the PALESTINIANS, not the Israelis.
    Oh is it you and the Christian Crusaders now who are going to choose whether peace is on offer. It remains from your viewpoint, a Christian one, that for whatever reason Obama and the world needs to know that your brand of Christianity does not want peace in the middle east and it would appear will support anything Israel does against this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post


    So, an HONEST apprasial about history somehow makes me an EXTREMIST? Pointing out the truth of THIRTEEN CENTURIES of Islamic aggression against Christianity makes me an EXTREMIST? How many formerly Christian lands have been conquered by Muslims? How long have Christians had to right to get their lands back .. INCLUDING AS RECENTLY AS THE TWENTIETH CENTURY?!?!? How is looking at the TRUTHS of history make one an extremist?!?! Or are you simply trying to turn a blind eye to the truth of the matter.
    Of course it makes you an extremist. We have none of your sort here in the UK. However I saw some documentary's on the Crusades some time back and there is evidence that your forbears who were on them were eating children. They had them up on spits and roasted them...so do not try to tell me there is anything superior to you than to Muslims. There is no evidence that Muslims did this to Christian children.

    You are also extreme in that not all Christians like yourself, like to spread hate.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post

    I don't hate Muslims because of the Crusades. Islamic aggression PREDATES the Crusades and has NEVER STOPPED. Honesty about the situation does NOT make one an extremist. I merely don't want the Christian world to have to put up with Islamic aggression anymore.

    right and that 'Christian' world would be Israel. You do not want Israel to have to put up with Muslims because you would like it once again for Christians.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  3. #73
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Oh is it you and the Christian Crusaders now who are going to choose whether peace is on offer. It remains from your viewpoint, a Christian one, that for whatever reason Obama and the world needs to know that your brand of Christianity does not want peace in the middle east and it would appear will support anything Israel does against this.
    Peace was on offer and the Palestinians rejected it. It is still there IF and ONLY IF the Palestinians really want peace at the table. It isn't up to me, it is up to the Palestinians. To date, they have not shown up at the peace table.

    Of course it makes you an extremist. We have none of your sort here in the UK. However I saw some documentary's on the Crusades some time back and there is evidence that your forbears who were on them were eating children. They had them up on spits and roasted them...so do not try to tell me there is anything superior to you than to Muslims. There is no evidence that Muslims did this to Christian children.
    So, being historicall honest and saying that the Crusades were a RESPONSE to centuries of Islamic aggression (historical fact) and that Islamic jihad agaisnt Christians started in the 7th century (historical fact) and that Islam's war against Christians did NOT end with the Crusades but continued for centuries more (historical fact) makes me an EXTREMIST?!?!? Sorry, YOU are the one with the problem here, not me. You need to look at history and remember that were it not for heros at places like Tours and Vienna, the Western world could very well be a lot more Muslim today than it is due to Islamic aggression against the Christian world.

    You are also extreme in that not all Christians like yourself, like to spread hate.
    I don't like to spread hate. I like to spread truth.


    right and that 'Christian' world would be Israel. You do not want Israel to have to put up with Muslims because you would like it once again for Christians.
    At least under the government of the State of Israel, Christians have access to the holy sites and are a darn bit more friendly to Christians than Muslims in that area are.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    So, being historicall honest and saying that the Crusades were a RESPONSE to centuries of Islamic aggression (historical fact) and that Islamic jihad agaisnt Christians started in the 7th century (historical fact) and that Islam's war against Christians did NOT end with the Crusades but continued for centuries more (historical fact) makes me an EXTREMIST?!?!? Sorry, YOU are the one with the problem here, not me. You need to look at history and remember that were it not for heros at places like Tours and Vienna, the Western world could very well be a lot more Muslim today than it is due to Islamic aggression against the Christian world.
    What you call aggression, others call liberation. The administration of the Holy Lands was not an oppressive one, as it was under Byzantine rule. Jews were allowed back into Jerusalem after five hundred years. Nestorian and Jacobite Christians were no longer persecuted by the Roman Empire. No doubt you will probably state that they were still oppressed because they had to pay the jizya (poll tax). The poll tax was only for non-Muslims and made them exempt from military service. Muslims already pay the zakat, an obligation not forced on non-Muslims.

    And it's funny you call it 'Christian lands' while spouting about 'historical fact'. Here's a fact, before Muslims invaded the Levant, Persians had been in control of the region for over twenty years.

  5. #75
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    What you call aggression, others call liberation. The administration of the Holy Lands was not an oppressive one, as it was under Byzantine rule. Jews were allowed back into Jerusalem after five hundred years. Nestorian and Jacobite Christians were no longer persecuted by the Roman Empire. No doubt you will probably state that they were still oppressed because they had to pay the jizya (poll tax). The poll tax was only for non-Muslims and made them exempt from military service. Muslims already pay the zakat, an obligation not forced on non-Muslims.
    And the entire religious character of the region was changed. What was predominately Christian became Muslim, partly through forced conversion and colonization. Furthermore, the aggression continued. They invaded Catholic Spain and even France. They attacked Aksum, They moved on Constantinople and eventually took that. They took nearly all of southeastern Europe before they were FINALLY pushed back. You don't call that aggression?!?!? What DO you call it?

    And it's funny you call it 'Christian lands' while spouting about 'historical fact'. Here's a fact, before Muslims invaded the Levant, Persians had been in control of the region for over twenty years.
    There was a war between the Sassanid Empire and the Roman Empire. However, that war ended BEFORE the Arab invasion and those territories were restored to the Roman Empire after the Battle of Nineveh and the subsequent peace treaty in 628.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #76
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Peace was on offer and the Palestinians rejected it. It is still there IF and ONLY IF the Palestinians really want peace at the table. It isn't up to me, it is up to the Palestinians. To date, they have not shown up at the peace table.
    That is a diversion. Peace is worked for until peace is achieved. There are reasons why it did not work before so it must be worked for again, unless your objective is, as you have already said it is, to drive all Muslims out of the area.

    You will work against peace. This is noted.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    So, being historicall honest and saying that the Crusades were a RESPONSE to centuries of Islamic aggression (historical fact) and that Islamic jihad agaisnt Christians started in the 7th century (historical fact) and that Islam's war against Christians did NOT end with the Crusades but continued for centuries more (historical fact) makes me an EXTREMIST?!?!? Sorry, YOU are the one with the problem here, not me. You need to look at history and remember that were it not for heros at places like Tours and Vienna, the Western world could very well be a lot more Muslim today than it is due to Islamic aggression against the Christian world.
    How can you possibly imagine you know anything about the 'truth' when you are on a religious crusade.

    Well I have found one of you who moved to our shores and saw the light. He finds you very dangerous people now he has spent some time in Palestine, met members of the Christian Church there and been un brainwashed.

    Daily News Egypt - Full Article

    What is it you work for Armageddon and then you walk of with the goodies while everyone else perishes. Wow what a lot you have to offer the world.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  7. #77
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    That is a diversion. Peace is worked for until peace is achieved. There are reasons why it did not work before so it must be worked for again, unless your objective is, as you have already said it is, to drive all Muslims out of the area.

    You will work against peace. This is noted.
    When did I saw I want to drive all Muslims out of the area?

    How can you possibly imagine you know anything about the 'truth' when you are on a religious crusade.
    Whatever. You didn't address any of the historical truths I have outlined. Furthermore, the "fact" that the Persians (Sassanid) had it for twenty years before the Arabs conquered it was completely wrong. It was BACK in Roman hands when the Arabs invaded.

    Well I have found one of you who moved to our shores and saw the light. He finds you very dangerous people now he has spent some time in Palestine, met members of the Christian Church there and been un brainwashed.
    You call me brainwashed for actually understanding history? Gee... how very Chinese of you.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #78
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    When did I saw I want to drive all Muslims out of the area?
    Possibly I was just reading between the lines. I thought I had seen you writing it somewhere but given that you are on a crusade against Muslims it makes little difference. You are driven by religious extremism and so nothing which you say can be given credibility - which does not mean it is not dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post

    Whatever. You didn't address any of the historical truths I have outlined. Furthermore, the "fact" that the Persians (Sassanid) had it for twenty years before the Arabs conquered it was completely wrong. It was BACK in Roman hands when the Arabs invaded.
    I have no interest in becoming involved in your crusade, though you harping on about it is at least you honestly expressing your reason for your desire to remain uncritical of Israel and to work against peace. Probably all nations like all children would try to see how far they can go. You encourage Israel to go a way which you believe will reach Armageddon. This supports your 'literalistic truths' from the bible and puts the security of the whole world in danger because I believe it is not impossible that you will achieve your aim.

    What good will that do to the ordinary Israeli. No more good than you at the moment want to inflict on the Muslims of the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post

    You call me brainwashed for actually understanding history? Gee... how very Chinese of you.
    I call you brainwashed for being a literalist Christian.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  9. #79
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Possibly I was just reading between the lines. I thought I had seen you writing it somewhere but given that you are on a crusade against Muslims it makes little difference. You are driven by religious extremism and so nothing which you say can be given credibility - which does not mean it is not dangerous.
    You claim that what I say can't be given credibility, yet you can not deny the history I have brought to the fore, which is why you don't comment on it.

    I have no interest in becoming involved in your crusade, though you harping on about it is at least you honestly expressing your reason for your desire to remain uncritical of Israel and to work against peace. Probably all nations like all children would try to see how far they can go. You encourage Israel to go a way which you believe will reach Armageddon. This supports your 'literalistic truths' from the bible and puts the security of the whole world in danger because I believe it is not impossible that you will achieve your aim.
    I am critical of Israel when it is warrented. I don't believe it to be so in this case. Rather than brand people with broad brushes, you should try to understand their world view. You also have failed to debunk the history that caused you to brand me with this very broad brush.

    What good will that do to the ordinary Israeli. No more good than you at the moment want to inflict on the Muslims of the world.
    What do I want to inflict on the Muslims of the world, pray tell.


    I call you brainwashed for being a literalist Christian.
    I am a "literalist Christian?" You really don't know me well at all, do you.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #80
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama 'dumped him for dinner'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    You claim that what I say can't be given credibility, yet you can not deny the history I have brought to the fore, which is why you don't comment on it.
    It is irrelevant to the current situation of Israel announcing building in East Jerusalem when it is having talks with the US which is trying to get peace back on the agenda.

    It illustrates another agenda and one which indicates extremism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post

    I am critical of Israel when it is warrented. I don't believe it to be so in this case. Rather than brand people with broad brushes, you should try to understand their world view. You also have failed to debunk the history that caused you to brand me with this very broad brush.
    When I see you having the ability to do that then I will respsond.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post

    What do I want to inflict on the Muslims of the world, pray tell.
    Well have a look at what you have written and you may know what you have said.



    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I am a "literalist Christian?" You really don't know me well at all, do you.
    Are you saying I am mistaken in believing you are an Evangelical Zionist?
    Last edited by alexa; 03-29-10 at 09:43 AM.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •