Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 383

Thread: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Did the Republicans think they could whip people into a frenzy, starting with Sarah Palin during the campaign and ending with Republican congresspeople waving the don't tread on me flag from the balcony of the capital as the health care bill got passed?



    Did the GOP really think that encouraging people with guns and signs threatening gun violence that a gun would never be fired in the name of politics?



    Lie with dogs and you get fleas.

    Time for the Republicans in congress to tone down the threatening rhetoric and calm their followers down.
    OMG You're right! You're absolutely right!

    You proved it by showing a small picture of a small segment of a large rally where a couple whack jobs are holding up signs using a pun with guns in it that plays off the common political term used by both sides of "Killing" a bill.

    Its OBVIOUS the GOP actually condones and supports actions of violence against people because of that



    For the love of Christ people...

  2. #52
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The policy of congressional Republicans...
    Wow.
    Show that this is actually a -policy- of the GOP in congress.

  3. #53
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    OMG You're right! You're absolutely right!

    You proved it by showing a small picture of a small segment of a large rally where a couple whack jobs are holding up signs using a pun with guns in it that plays off the common political term used by both sides of "Killing" a bill.

    Its OBVIOUS the GOP actually condones and supports actions of violence against people because of that



    For the love of Christ people...
    No kidding. I just spent a long time explaining the same thing to people on another thread who wanted to blame all liberals for the actions of a few.

    Let's all stop doing this stuff and be fair and consistent. (No, I have no illusions it will happen).

  4. #54
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Did the Republicans think they could whip people into a frenzy, starting with Sarah Palin during the campaign and ending with Republican congresspeople waving the don't tread on me flag from the balcony of the capital as the health care bill got passed?



    Did the GOP really think that encouraging people with guns and signs threatening gun violence that a gun would never be fired in the name of politics?



    Lie with dogs and you get fleas.

    Time for the Republicans in congress to tone down the threatening rhetoric and calm their followers down.
    Yeah, those pictures totally prove everything ...

    What a joke ...

  5. #55
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Wow.
    Show that this is actually a -policy- of the GOP in congress.
    They give encouraging speeches at rallies that dispaly threatening signs. When they don't give encouraging speeches at these rallies, they nonetheless praise the determinition exhibited by the protestors against the health care reform. What point exactly are you denying? That the rallies have threatening signs? That GOP politicians have attended them? That the GOP have praised these protests? Which exactly do I need to show?
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The policy of congressional Republicans is to praise the fortitude of the anti-health care reform demonstrations and disregard their death threats and vandalisms; even when these death threats are etched onto the signs they are carrying.

    And apparently also to complain when the reverse occurs and violence is directed at them.
    Republicans need to give credance and speak out every single time against the fringe lunatics in a crowd just as much as Democrast needed to do it with War Protesters.

    Not much.

    They should not come out in support if it. When questioned about it, in a manner that isn't baiting, they should condemn it. But you don't give credance to the whackos and lunatics that are the vocal minority of a group because 1, you do a disservice to the much larger majority by focusing on the idiots and 2, you just reenforce their notion that they should keep doing that to get attention.

    Idiots suggesting we kill the bill with a browning if Brown can't kill it isn't really different than Sarah Palin being hung in effege, but I didn't hear liberals calling on their representitives to decry that. Idiots calling Obama hitler is no different than people calling Bush hitler. People suggesting Obama is a socialist isn't different then people suggesting Bush was a Fascist. People claiming the democrats are trying to take over the entire public sector isn't much different rhetoric wise than saying the entire point of the Iraq War was to get their oil and make halliburton rich. Gas Lines cut in response to legislation is much like Army Recruitment Centers bombed because of it. Is spitting on a congressman somehow tens of thousands of times worse than vandalizing businesses during protests. Is "Don't tread on me" hateful harmful rhetoric but "Get up in peoples faces" not? Throwing money at a parkinsons suffer is dispicable, so too is attacking a man in a wheel chair at a town hall. Screams of "Nigger" at a politician is low class, so too is having thugs with clubs standing outside of polling places.

    Both sides have lunatics, whackos, and fringers that do asinine things and both sides have people that can suffer from mob mentality in the heat of the moment. Neither side needs to actively, continually, repeatedly, over and over again every moment they have come out and speak against it whenever discussing people who those whackos may be related to.

    Republicans don't need to condemn the whackos everytime they talk about the Tea Parties anymore than Democrats would've needed to condemn them everytime they talked about the anti-war movement.

    Moreso, if you were honestly and truthfully against the war why in the WORLD would you not applaud the 90% of people actually voicing their opinions and engaging in responsable political action rather than spend all your time condemning the 10% of whackos. And if you're honestly and truthfully against the spending and expansion of government then why in the world would they not applaud the 90% of people actually voicing their opinions and engaging in responsable political action rather than spend all your time condemning the 10% of whackos.

    You don't disregard the entire movement because there is some crazies in it.

  7. #57
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-26-10 @ 06:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Sadly, It only takes a handful of people (less than the number you see holding up those signs) to conspire to kill a whole bunch of people.

  8. #58
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    They give encouraging speeches at rallies that dispaly threatening signs. When they don't give encouraging speeches at these rallies, they nonetheless praise the determinition exhibited by the protestors against the health care reform.
    So, you have no evidence of this being actual GOP policy. Thanks.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Republicans need to give credance and speak out every single time against the fringe lunatics in a crowd just as much as Democrast needed to do it with War Protesters.

    Not much.

    They should not come out in support if it. When questioned about it, in a manner that isn't baiting, they should condemn it. But you don't give credance to the whackos and lunatics that are the vocal minority of a group because 1, you do a disservice to the much larger majority by focusing on the idiots and 2, you just reenforce their notion that they should keep doing that to get attention.

    Idiots suggesting we kill the bill with a browning if Brown can't kill it isn't really different than Sarah Palin being hung in effege, but I didn't hear liberals calling on their representitives to decry that. Idiots calling Obama hitler is no different than people calling Bush hitler. People suggesting Obama is a socialist isn't different then people suggesting Bush was a Fascist. People claiming the democrats are trying to take over the entire public sector isn't much different rhetoric wise than saying the entire point of the Iraq War was to get their oil and make halliburton rich. Gas Lines cut in response to legislation is much like Army Recruitment Centers bombed because of it. Is spitting on a congressman somehow tens of thousands of times worse than vandalizing businesses during protests. Is "Don't tread on me" hateful harmful rhetoric but "Get up in peoples faces" not? Throwing money at a parkinsons suffer is dispicable, so too is attacking a man in a wheel chair at a town hall. Screams of "Nigger" at a politician is low class, so too is having thugs with clubs standing outside of polling places.

    Both sides have lunatics, whackos, and fringers that do asinine things and both sides have people that can suffer from mob mentality in the heat of the moment. Neither side needs to actively, continually, repeatedly, over and over again every moment they have come out and speak against it whenever discussing people who those whackos may be related to.

    Republicans don't need to condemn the whackos everytime they talk about the Tea Parties anymore than Democrats would've needed to condemn them everytime they talked about the anti-war movement.
    This thread seems to be saying that sensationalism is general is bad for our country and that both sides exercise it opportunistically.

    But that's different from arguing a minority of liberals are the primary cause of our nation's decline.

    So, you have no evidence of this being actual GOP policy. Thanks.
    I'll be happy to provide evidence; posting links proving any of those points is easy, if redundant. But I would have to know your expectations first.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 03-25-10 at 04:28 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalMockingBirds View Post
    Explain which problems and how exactly the entirety of those problems were solved by bullets?
    Sergei Barbarin, for one:

    The Wacky World Of Murder: Sergei Babarin

    Entered a library back in 1999 and opened fire on the patrons. He was shot and killed while reloading by a friend of mine, which effectively ended the problem.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 03-25-10 at 04:35 PM.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •