Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 383

Thread: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Because you say so. Oh well.
    No, because the polls say so.

    Rasmussen Poll

    This health care reform is NOT popular. Many democrats don't want it because it doesnt do what they want and many republicans don't want it because it does too much.

    This health care reform is not popular. I don't give a rat's ass how much stock you put in Obamessiah. This health care reform is simply not popular.

  2. #312
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    This health care plan was not popular with Republicans, though it has it's roots in Romney's plan, The Heritage Foundation, Rep. Chuck Grassley's plan in 1993 (the individual mandate).
    Romney's plan was a key thing that hurt him during Republican primaries and he's even been on record saying it would not work on a natioanl level.

    I've still yet to see ANYONE actually provide Chuck Grassley's 1993 plan beyond comparison charts with vague "Yes" and "no" answers based on the interpritation of that particular site. And even when it has been shown there is far to little data available in them to see how it compares to what is in this plan, shows there are things that conservatives like that aren't anywhere in this plan, and has no sign of a number of the things conservatives disliked about this plan.

    Not to mention implying conservatives are hypocritical for not agreeing with it becasue it has similar "roots", which are questionable at best, implying those that like Football should like Golf because they both have a ball as a root to their sport.

  3. #313
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Wait a sec ... I thought liberals hated guns ...


    In fact their big fans of drive by's and street fights.
    They don't like hunting and ownership for possible protection - big difference!
    Guns are for crime and crime only!

    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #314
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,947

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, because the polls say so.

    Rasmussen Poll

    This health care reform is NOT popular. Many democrats don't want it because it doesnt do what they want and many republicans don't want it because it does too much.

    This health care reform is not popular. I don't give a rat's ass how much stock you put in Obamessiah. This health care reform is simply not popular.
    You realize, when you cite those who thought it didn't go far enough, that means they did want health care reform, right? So you think Democrats should have gone further so as to make this bill more popular with them?


    As to your Rassmussen poll, I can't address it without the ability to see the cross tabs as to how many were sampled, how it breaks down by party etc...

  5. #315
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Pathetic.

    So many liberals have dissolved into weak kneed apologists for the violent extremists among their ranks.

    Their failure to condemn these initial acts of domestic terrorism will encourage and give comfort to the instigators and ensure that there will be more terrorism committed in our land.

    It's the gang that couldn't shoot straight they got the wrong office.

    [It's a shame you couldn't offer your own blanket condemnation of violence Chappy.]

    And, maybe there's another more important observation than merely that these people appear to be utterly foolish in their misdeeds. And that is, when one attempts to victimize political opponents: the act itself reflects not on the character and politics of the target but rather that of the aggressor.

    These recent acts bring discredit and disfavor to the supporters of health care reform; whatever merits their arguments may have had, they are brushed aside by the horror and dismay people feel towards these arbitrary acts of violence.

    More important, we have entered a new era of domestic terrorism and some liberals have forgotten the central principle that under girds our
    representative democracy: everyone has the right to vote their conscience.

    Today, those memory impaired liberals are rapidly becoming the greatest terrorist threat to our Republic and our way of life.
    I'm sure you wrote a similar diatribe bashing the disrespect in the House chamber against Dem speakers, while Republicans cheered them on, as well as the verbal atacks on Dem leaders and also those nasty threats left on Dem leaders' voicemails... right?

    Maybe you haven't been watching the news lately. It's the rightees who are not only inciting violence but, conducting it. And all in the name of "bad sports"! It's the rightees who are making all the gun related threats.

    Not sure if this has been mentioned here...
    The Richmond Police Department is investigating an act of vandalism at the Reagan Building, 25 E. Main St., Richmond, Virginia. A first floor window was struck by a bullet at approximately 1 a.m. on Tuesday, March 23. The building, which has several tenants including an office used by Congressman Eric Cantor, was unoccupied at the time.

    A Richmond Police detective was assigned to the case. A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window. The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds. There was no other damage to the room, which is used occasionally for meetings by the congressman.
    Richmond Police Statement On Cantor Office Vandalism | TPM LiveWire

    Obviously this was not an attack. Probably not even politically based. I'd bet that had that bullet struck Cantor on top of the head his hair would have stopped it.

    Want some cheese and crackers with that whine
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    You realize, when you cite those who thought it didn't go far enough, that means they did want health care reform, right?
    You do realize when I said, specifically, "Health care reform is popular. This health care reform is NOT popular", I really meant exactly that, right?

    So you think Democrats should have gone further so as to make this bill more popular with them?
    I think there should have been some different angles taken with the bill. For one, I think a public option was more appropriate than what we have now. Another, I wanted to see the tort reform, the establishment of health courts similar to other specialty courts, specific provisioning for end of life counseling independent from any government agency, specific language that barred this whole Health Choices Commissioner from having the expanded power of limiting procedures and treatments with no appeal, opening competition between insurers across state lines, etc etc.

    This bill is garbage. And a majority of Americans know it.

    As to your Rassmussen poll, I can't address it without the ability to see the cross tabs as to how many were sampled, how it breaks down by party etc...
    In other words...



    Oh noes!!! The polls say it's not popular just like he said. Quick, find an excuse to discredit the most reputable pollster in America!

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Obviously this was not an attack. Probably not even politically based.
    Knowing Richmond, it was probably just crime-related.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    if the bill is popular why did obama have to SELL it yesterday in iowa city?

    LOL!

  9. #319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    poor president pieface

    he wasn't able to get HIS WORD out

    LOL!

    he concentrated too much on "policy," and it was his mistake to believe that the american people would "get it"

    Massachusetts vote: Barack Obama admits mistakes after loss - Telegraph

    LOLOL!

    what a lily livered leader

    darn those lipton lovers

    and FOX

    how's a PRESIDENT sposed to be HEARD above all the NOISE?

    i guess he just needs to GO TO IOWA

    LOL!

    keep SELLING health care everyday, i guess, for the rest of his soon to be truncated term

    pathetic

  10. #320
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i like some guns.
    He does too!!!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU"]YouTube- I Like Guns - Steve Lee[/ame]


Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •