Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 383

Thread: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Did you vote for Obama?

    This health care plan was not popular with Republicans, though it has it's roots in Romney's plan, The Heritage Foundation, Rep. Chuck Grassley's plan in 1993 (the individual mandate).

    There is some unpopularity amongst Democrats because they wanted a single payer system.
    This healthcare reform is not popular period.

  2. #302
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This healthcare reform is not popular period.
    The rightwing, tea party, "death panels and government takeover" bull**** version isn't popular. As reality seeps out, and people ask things like "why did you do X" and congressmen reply "we didn't do that" things will change a bit.

    Not that there won't be plenty of lies to go around next fall.

  3. #303
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,927

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This healthcare reform is not popular period.
    Oh? As I explained in the post you responded to, it was very popular with Democrats a majority of which voted Obama and Democratic representatives into office. Because it was not popular with Republicans, does not mean it wasn't popular, period.

  4. #304
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The rightwing, tea party, "death panels and government takeover" bull**** version isn't popular. As reality seeps out, and people ask things like "why did you do X" and congressmen reply "we didn't do that" things will change a bit.

    Not that there won't be plenty of lies to go around next fall.


    Yep, and as we all know all too well today, anything that doesn't fall in lockstep support of this take over by Obama and Co. is a lie, and by God, if a Congresscritter says something it should be believed hands down, and without question.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    You cons crack me up. Let me also make up some **** that I can sling at conservatives.

    I say it was a conservative who had a family member die from lack of health insurance and decided to take out his frustration at the party of NO with a little drive by.


  6. #306
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    You cons crack me up. Let me also make up some **** that I can sling at conservatives.

    What's different from the usual practice?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Oh? As I explained in the post you responded to, it was very popular with Democrats a majority of which voted Obama and Democratic representatives into office. Because it was not popular with Republicans, does not mean it wasn't popular, period.
    This reform is not popular. Period.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The rightwing, tea party, "death panels and government takeover" bull**** version isn't popular. As reality seeps out, and people ask things like "why did you do X" and congressmen reply "we didn't do that" things will change a bit.

    Not that there won't be plenty of lies to go around next fall.
    Oh so now we're creating our argument on hypothetical lies that haven't been exposed yet?

    That's just...wow. You guys never cease to amaze me.

  9. #309
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Oh? As I explained in the post you responded to, it was very popular with Democrats a majority of which voted Obama and Democratic representatives into office. Because it was not popular with Republicans, does not mean it wasn't popular, period.
    This logical exercise where supporters of Obama say that is why he was elected has yet to be proven. Where is the evidence that "Obama and the Democrats were elected overwhelmingly to pass healthcare legislation".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #310
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,927

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This reform is not popular. Period.
    Because you say so. Oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    This logical exercise where supporters of Obama say that is why he was elected has yet to be proven. Where is the evidence that "Obama and the Democrats were elected overwhelmingly to pass healthcare legislation".
    So, you are postulating that people actually voted for Obama, knowing he was adamantly pro-health care reform (due to his mother's problems with insurance companies), but didn't want health care legislation?

    You didn't, so you didn't vote for Obama. Why shouldn't anyone else holding the same view vote for him?

    Again, health care has been a huge issue with Democrats for decades. The idea that Obama and Democrats pulled it out of thin air is absurd. It was first on Clinton's list when he won the presidency. FDR and Truman also had it on their agenda.

    You are not a Democrat or liberal so I guess it is no surprise that you don't get how important it an issue it is for them.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •