Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 383

Thread: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

  1. #171
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it in the midterms. That's 6 months from now.

    It's just as likely that you'll be seen as the obstructionist party that sold their souls to the big corporations.
    You are arguing with some one who told us for months health care was dead, and that the health care bill is why the Michigan governor election poll numbers are the way they are.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    The way I heard it some $hot a weapon "near" his office. Ok so let's assume that it was inteneded against his office. Well that obviosly is no nicer than what the TP's have been implying that people do. Also it appaeras that the attititude of latent agreement by the Republican leadership with the vicious rhetoric that the TP's have been spouting has come home to roost.
    What latent agreement with what vicious rhetoric? Please cite quotations of vicious rhetoric and examples of agreement by Republican officials. Thanks.

    Botton line is that one stupid act in response to a bunch of stupid acts is not smart or good unless an act is in self defense which we do not know since we do not know who did this.

    Cantor is Jewish - right !!!! maybe a TP yahoo with Klan tlies did it ? Who knows ~~ The ossibilities are endless until we get to the bottom of this outrage!!!

    Think maybe the rhetoric needs to be toned down ??? Huh BECK ? Gingrich, CANTOR , LIMPBAUGH ???
    How do you put Cantor and Gingrich in with Limbaugh and Beck?

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,850

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    C'mon Catz, you can sidetrack all you want, but it's hard to argue that Congress didn't defy the will of the people when they voted for this when that is exactly what happened. You can argue that this was justified, that the people should've known who they were voting for, that public opinion shouldn't shape legislation. But you can't argue that public opinion wasn't ignored when it clearly was.

    How could they NOT have known who they were voting for?

    Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Health Care


    We are closer than ever to historic health insurance reform reform that will extend coverage to more than 30 million Americans, provide security and stability to those who have health insurance, and shift power from insurance companies to consumers.
    Benefits of Health Reform
    Both the House and Senate versions of health insurance reform rest upon the following building blocks:

    * Insurance reforms to protect consumers from insurance company worst-practices like denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions, capping total coverage, and dropping or watering down coverage when you get sick and need it most
    * Consumer protections that will restrict how much of your premium dollars insurance companies can spend on marketing, profits, and salaries
    * Creation of a health exchange to increase consumer choice and guarantee coverage
    * Affordable health options, with subsidies for working families and a hardship waiver
    * Tax credits to help small businesses afford coverage
    * Making preventive care completely free with no co-payments or deductibles
    * Lowering the cost of health care for our seniors
    * Improving the quality and extending the life of Medicare
    * Ensuring that reform is not only fully paid for, but actually significantly reduces the federal deficit



    Democrats have been trying to pass health care legislation since FDR. To say now that they didn't have the right to implement their promises is just ridiculous.

  4. #174
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why do you think anyone cares what you believe?
    Now that is a really nice post sic !!!!
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #175
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm waiting for our left wing friends to accuse Republicans of being behind this... because to your point, liberals couldn't own or shoot a gun. That would be unthinkable.
    Y'know. That's too funny. I remember a few days ago some nutter(s) in here were claiming that the vile-hateful tea-party behaviors were most likely liberal plants or someone from MoveOn.org planted in the crowd to discredit the Tea Party.

    You guys all remember that, right?

    I doubt you see too many liberals making such an absurd claim. That would make them look like a republican. They are too proud of a bunch to go there, I think.

    Incidently, what made you think of that? Just curious.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #176
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You mean the clear majority of voters who elected Obama, knowing that he'd pass healthcare reform because that was a part of his platform? Obama should have ignored them because a few loudmouths disrupted the townhall meetings, you mean...

    Your argument might actually work if the typically American voter could tell you anything substantive about candidates, as is our people were pissed off at Republicans and the dicatator in training had a D behind his name.

    As well McCain was possibly the most inept candidate in over 4 decades, but please, let's simplify things and use logic that has no causal connections and not admit that Obama got elected on "hope and change".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    C'mon Catz, you can sidetrack all you want, but it's hard to argue that Congress didn't defy the will of the people when they voted for this when that is exactly what happened. You can argue that this was justified, that the people should've known who they were voting for, that public opinion shouldn't shape legislation. But you can't argue that public opinion wasn't ignored when it clearly was.
    So? It's not Congress's job to respond to the will of a straight poll of respondents. It's the job of a member of congress to respond to the will of the locals who voted for them. Bear that in mind, with your opinion polls. We have a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY in this country, not a straight democracy. That means that on issues like this, the majority of the population may not approve of the legislation, but on a district by district basis, the people who elected the representatives DO APPROVE.

    Opinion polls are misleading when you attempt to suggest that they reflect the will of the people. We don't rely on a popular vote in this country. That's why Al Gore could win the popular vote in 2000, and still lose the election. Remember that? I sure do. I live in Florida. I became very familiar with the electoral college back in those days.

    THe majority of the people in individual districts elected an overwhelming majority of democrats to both the house and the Senate in 2008, REALIZING that by voting Democrat, they were voting for healthcare reform. That has been on the Democratic agenda since 1992.

    So, forgive me if I find your impassioned pleas rather disingenuous.

    Sometimes representative democracy works in your favor. Sometimes it doesn't.

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    sold their souls to the big corporations?

    LOL!

    the secret deal with phrma:

    Internal Memo Confirms Big Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma

    the seiu's exemption from the cadillac:

    44 - White House, unions reach deal on taxing insurance coverage

    the fed's instructions to aig to keep secret from the sec the obscene details of its bailout package:

    Geithner's New York Fed Pushed AIG To Keep Sweetheart Deals Secret (READ THE AIG EMAILS)

    i could go on...

    one side asks silly questions and states their convictions (as if anyone could care)

    the other posts links containing real information

    very revealing

  9. #179
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Y'know. That's too funny. I remember a few days ago some nutter(s) in here were claiming that the vile-hateful tea-party behaviors were most likely liberal plants or someone from MoveOn.org planted in the crowd to discredit the Tea Party.

    You guys all remember that, right?

    I doubt you see too many liberals making such an absurd claim. That would make them look like a republican. They are too proud of a bunch to go there, I think.

    Incidently, what made you think of that? Just curious.
    Well, some nutters on the left are already saying that. I'll make you a deal CA, you don't frag our side for our nuts and I'll make the distinction as well. Deal?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Now that is a really nice post sic !!!!
    The dogs bark, the train keeps on going.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •