Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 383

Thread: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    indeed, this health care bill is tearing this country apart

    remember the townhalls?

    you don't DEFY the clearly and intensely expressed will of the people for nothing, y'know

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post

    you don't DEFY the clearly and intensely expressed will of the people for nothing, y'know
    You mean when the Iraqi war was so unpopular and yet Bush implemented the Surge? I can see why you would be pissed about that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #143
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,127

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm waiting for our left wing friends to accuse Republicans of being behind this... because to your point, liberals couldn't own or shoot a gun. That would be unthinkable.
    .... seems only fair since Rush today suggested that the liberals were exaggerating to fabricating the threats against them.... That said, this whole thing is out of control. Americans need to learn civility and to back away from hyperbole in argument. Substantially all of political argument today seems fettered with hyperbole.

    Far too many Americans believe that the government is taking over health care; that this is part of an overall socialist strategy to take over all of American business; that the bill is pro-abortion; that there really are death panels; and the Obama is not really an American. These things detract from intelligent discussion on the real issues. Moreover, when something doesn't go the right way, people have been so worked into a needless frenzy they want to shoot someone.

    All of us need to watch our tone in debate and check our facts before hand. The strength of America is its ability to debate and resolve differences in a civil manner. I am afraid, however, that we are not holding true to that core value, and losing our compass in this regard is perhaps the greatest current threat to the American way of life.

  4. #144
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    .... seems only fair since Rush today suggested that the liberals were exaggerating to fabricating the threats against them.... That said, this whole thing is out of control. Americans need to learn civility and to back away from hyperbole in argument. Substantially all of political argument today seems fettered with hyperbole.

    Far too many Americans believe that the government is taking over health care; that this is part of an overall socialist strategy to take over all of American business; that the bill is pro-abortion; that there really are death panels; and the Obama is not really an American. These things detract from intelligent discussion on the real issues. Moreover, when something doesn't go the right way, people have been so worked into a needless frenzy they want to shoot someone.

    All of us need to watch our tone in debate and check our facts before hand. The strength of America is its ability to debate and resolve differences in a civil manner. I am afraid, however, that we are not holding true to that core value, and losing our compass in this regard is perhaps the greatest current threat to the American way of life.
    Totally and emphatically disagree. Not only do I want the tone to continue to degrade, I want civility to be thrown out the window and people to just get downright mad and stay mad. Not only is this just the first step in a government take over - it's the first step of many. Pushing an entire country into bankruptcy should make people pissed off, destroying job creation and destroying the framework from the inside out - blood will be spilt eventually.

    This is why I didn't want the bill to be passed. This is why a Conservative like myself, want to keep the balance yet the Progressive statists don't see it that way. Ram this bill down the people's throats and tell them they'll like it eventually is going against the will of the people. That'd be fine if we were a dictatorship but we're not. We're broke... and yet we still spend and call it "savings".

    You reap what you sow. Good luck with that.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    w-stands-for-what's-his-name lost

    and the surge worked

    can you imagine how w would have gone down had the surge failed?

    obama opposed the surge which worked

    obama is ESCALATING his own surge in HIS war, that is, in OBAMA's WAR, afghanistan

    even tho the enemy he seeks, al qaeda, is in pakistan

    obama will go down just as what's-his-name did for DEFYING the express will of america

    good point

    LOL!

  6. #146
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    04-03-12 @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    104

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I'm taking bets that the idiot who did this shot at the wrong office any takers?
    I knew it was just a matter of time until the liberals blamed this on a Republican. Hysterical.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you don't DEFY the clearly and intensely expressed will of the people for nothing, y'know
    You mean the clear majority of voters who elected Obama, knowing that he'd pass healthcare reform because that was a part of his platform? Obama should have ignored them because a few loudmouths disrupted the townhall meetings, you mean...


  8. #148
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    It's Wonkette. Wonkette makes hazlnut's earlier comment seem calm and agreeable by comparison.
    Oh come on, that was just funny. Wonkette is pure sarcasm. It is not meant to be taken seriously.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #149
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Oh come on, that was just funny. Wonkette is pure sarcasm. It is not meant to be taken seriously.
    I missed that disclaimer... where is it on the Wonkette site?

    I suppose Neo-Nazi websites spreading hate is all just sarcasm then too right?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #150
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You mean when the Iraqi war was so unpopular and yet Bush implemented the Surge? I can see why you would be pissed about that.
    For one thing, military strategy is one thing that the Constitution does not apply democracy to. And wasn't it a Democratic-led Congress that had the chance to cut funding to the surge, but didn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You mean the clear majority of voters who elected Obama, knowing that he'd pass healthcare reform because that was a part of his platform? Obama should have ignored them because a few loudmouths disrupted the townhall meetings, you mean...

    Was the 2,000-page bill already written by November 2008? Do voters always agree with everything a president they voted for says? Is the president even the one who passes legislation in the first place? Are the majority of voters who oppose the health care bill a few loudmouths?
    (No on all accounts)

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •