Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99

Thread: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

    They are members of the Parliament, not the government.
    It should also be noted that their party's support from the public is way smaller than that of the BNP.


    Well the BNP do not have any Members of the British Parliament so I would not be so sure.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Asked for the third time, since Catz continues to dodge this.
    That was my mistake. Apologies. Do you plan to respond to the rest?

  3. #83
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    How exactly would you know?
    Because it was in the news?
    Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that no evidence of Israeli involvement had been provided, and lamented what he called an unfortunate decision by the British.
    Israel furious after UK expels diplomat
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #84
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Well the BNP do not have any Members of the British Parliament so I would not be so sure.
    I remember a poll where they have received over 3.3% of the population's support.
    In Israel a party needs only 2% in order to get its members into the Knesset.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #85
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There are many possible reasons for this, including burning possible confidential sources. I can think of a lot of reasons why the British government might not want to provide the direct evidence to Israel, given the current situation.
    One could think of a reason for nearly everything.

    That doesn't mean that this is not the procedure expected from an advanced western Democracy such as the UK, to at least inform Israel of the evidence it allegedly holds.

    They have failed to do so.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #86
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Here's your evidence:

    British law enforcement interviewed the victims of identity theft, and found that there were common elements in their stories:



    I see no reason, based upon this story, to believe Apoca's allegations that this was a politically motivated act. It looks clear that Israeli officials overstepped the bounds of propriety when handling British citizen's identification.
    I understand that you lack knowledge of Israel's methods regarding borders security.

    It is more than common that tourists who come from abroad into Israel are being delayed for 15-25 minutes, during that time they are being questioned by Israeli officials.

    While those who've had their identities copied have indeed been part of this "delayed group", so were hundreds of thousands of other people over the years.

    It is the same procedure that a lot of American politicians are trying to adopt in America.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #87
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That was my mistake.
    Indeed, but how unfortunate that it is far from being your only mistake.

    I'm still waiting for your explanation on your suggestion that I have been blaming the British government's action's source as antisemitism.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #88
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Because it was in the news?
    Israel furious after UK expels diplomat
    Sounds like propaganda to me.


    Hate to point it out, but where was it Israel came in freedom of the press - about 93.

    There was compelling circumstantial evidence.

    Contrary to what you think Britain is not a very antisemetic country - indeed in the last report I read we were much the same as the US so your fantasies that that is the reason, is just that fantasies. As well as I have already pointed out our foreign minister is himself Jewish and considers Israel a British ally but he appeared very angry about this to me.

    More I imagine is coming out. Other countries are having their own investigations.

    Compelling circumstantial evidence is compelling circumstantial evidence and 12 of the 27 people using stolen British identities is as Miliband said 'intolerable.'

    It is a pity that you cannot just admit it.

    If we said more, we might give away things about your security or we might interfere with the investigations which other countries are making, there may be some reason. We may even be protecting you but there is no question the UK government has sufficient information to believe it is you.

    I would say the odds on Israel not being responsible are something like 1 in 10,000,000. Possibly but extremely unlikely
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  9. #89
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Sounds like propaganda to me.
    So I'm saying that Lieberman has come up and said that he has not received any evidence from Britain.

    You're then saying that it is my own opinion, even though it is really a fact and is something that I've seen with my own eyes, watching the news, understanding Hebrew, and understanding the words that are coming out of Lieberman's mouth as the picture is moving.

    I then choose to simply do a quick googling and show you the translated statement.
    You in return label it as 'propaganda' and say that it's the result of Israel's "bad freedom of press" (even though the ranking was only due to Israel's handling of the Gaza operation).

    Now the catch is, that that statement exactly was simply copied and pasted into the link that I've used, and your objection to the source being Israeli is nothing but the result of a massive and heavy propaganda against the Israeli nation.

    Now here's the same exact statement from a foreign newspaper:
    Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that no evidence of Israeli involvement had been provided, and lamented what he called an unfortunate decision by the British.
    UK Expels Israeli Diplomat Over Dubai Murder Case

    The mere fact that you show utter dissatisfaction, and pure objection to that which is real and true, to that which is known and obvious, to that which exists in the realm of reality, shows that you are completely mislead by your bias and unavoidably discredits your posts.

    To state it in simple words - I have just witnessed you denying that a politician has stated some words, even though he has stated them in front of TV and tens of reporters.
    It's sorta like denying that Obama has ever said "Yes we can".
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #90
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa
    Contrary to what you think Britain is not a very antisemetic country - indeed in the last report I read we were much the same as the US so your fantasies that that is the reason, is just that fantasies. As well as I have already pointed out our foreign minister is himself Jewish and considers Israel a British ally but he appeared very angry about this to me.
    Why should I care if he's Jewish or not?
    I haven't blamed him with antisemitism, and I haven't blamed the British government with antisemitism, so your argument here is delusional to say the least.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •