Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

  1. #41
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Just? Not really, where is the evidence against Israel?
    Umm, enough, i guess. They caught a few people in disguise on camera, who came in with fake passports, to kill a Hamas leader. Now, say it wasnt neccessarily anything to do with Israel, but imo i think it was pretty obvious Mossad had a hand in this affair. Also i heard there method of execution, i believe, was common in Mossad assasinations.

    Accurate? absolutely.
    I believe the response was quite softened up, and could have been much worse.
    As I said in the beginning of this thread, this is not a big issue.
    It should be treated like a big issue, allied Agents taking the piss out of our trust, undermiming our security, we should tell there ambassador to piss off too. This isnt the first time its happened.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #42
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Umm, enough, i guess. They caught a few people in disguise on camera, who came in with fake passports, to kill a Hamas leader. Now, say it wasnt neccessarily anything to do with Israel, but imo i think it was pretty obvious Mossad had a hand in this affair. Also i heard there method of execution, i believe, was common in Mossad assasinations.



    It should be treated like a big issue, allied Agents taking the piss out of our trust, undermiming our security, we should tell there ambassador to piss off too. This isnt the first time its happened.
    We haven't been investigating the killing Kaya, we are leaving that to Dubai.

    For the passports the evidence is circumstantial but compellingly circumstantial. They know it was Israel.

    I agree it is an important issue - almost like trying to frame us and undermines the worth of our passports.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  3. #43
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    They caught a few people in disguise on camera, who came in with fake passports, to kill a Hamas leader. Now, say it wasnt neccessarily anything to do with Israel, but imo i think it was pretty obvious Mossad had a hand in this affair. Also i heard there method of execution, i believe, was common in Mossad assasinations.
    Again, where is the evidence?
    Israel could just as well have claimed that they have compelling reasons to believe Britain is behind this, seeing that the absolute majority of the passports were British, and that most of the identities that were used have belonged to British citizenship holders - but there is no real evidence to legally blame either Israel or Britain.
    It should be treated like a big issue, allied Agents taking the piss out of our trust, undermiming our security, we should tell there ambassador to piss off too. This isnt the first time its happened.
    It's not a big issue, merely a use of foreign passports by foreign agents, something that happens every ****ing day.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #44
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    For the passports the evidence is circumstantial but compellingly circumstantial. They know it was Israel.
    British officials have stated that while they have "compelling reasons" to believe Israel is behind the assassination of the terrorist chief, there is no direct evidence that leads towards Israel.

    Completely contradicting your words.
    I agree it is an important issue - almost like trying to frame us and undermines the worth of our passports.
    Frame you?
    By using the passports of 5 different nations?

    Clearly whoever was behind this has done a lot to ensure that nobody would be framed with the terrorist's killing, including Israel.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 03-24-10 at 10:18 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    British officials have stated that while they have "compelling reasons" to believe Israel is behind the assassination of the terrorist chief, there is no direct evidence that leads towards Israel.
    Thye say they have circumstantial evidence and it is compelling. I think in the US, indeed even in England, though not in Scotland, circumstantial evidence is sufficient to win a trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Frame you?
    By using the passports of 5 different nations?
    By using the passports of British people you intended to leave a trail that led to Britain, not Israel. For that reason David Milliband yesterday in his speech made it completely clear we had nothing to do with the Dubai murder.

    That is how it relates to the UK. Other countries will need to deal with how it relates to them.

    We have now been given special warning that if we visit Israel we should take utmost care that an official does not take our passports away.

    A British passport is respected all over the world. You have undermined its integrity. Countries will not know if a British passport is a British passport or an Israeli assassin.

    In addition you put at risk the lives of the people whose identity you stole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

    Clearly whoever was behind this has done a lot to ensure that nobody would be framed with the terrorist's killing, including Israel.
    No it was to put the blame on other countries than Israel. Not the way to treat allies.

    As Kaya has already said you have done this before in the 80's. We were as cross then and you gave your assurance this would never happen again.

    You have gone against your word.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  6. #46
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Thye say they have circumstantial evidence and it is compelling. I think in the US, indeed even in England, though not in Scotland, circumstantial evidence is sufficient to win a trial.
    Did they really present any kind of evidence, though?

    "Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said Israel had never been supplied with "any proof that Israel was involved in this affair" and that he regretted Britain's decision."

    So Israel was not even presented with any evidence.
    That's the way third world nations operate, not first-world civilized western democracies such as the UK, and is highly disappointing.

    I'll repeat and state it again, though, that this is certainly not a big issue, and the British government's actions are not exaggerated.
    While they are definitely disappointing, they are still acceptable.
    By using the passports of British people you intended to leave a trail that led to Britain, not Israel.
    They have also used Israeli citizens' identities, Austrian phone lines, American credit cards, and Irish, German, Australian and French passports.
    It is more than clear than beyond the empty grief of the agenda-motivated, there is nothing that points out towards one of the above countries.
    Certainly not Britain, as you claim.
    A British passport is respected all over the world. You have undermined its integrity. Countries will not know if a British passport is a British passport or an Israeli assassin.
    Most of the countries wouldn't care, since the assassins of the terrorist chief(that you accuse of being Israeli) have targeted a terrorist chief.
    In addition you put at risk the lives of the people whose identity you stole.
    Their lives were never at risk, certainly they are not at risk now.
    No it was to put the blame on other countries than Israel. Not the way to treat allies.
    As Kaya has already said you have done this before in the 80's. We were as cross then and you gave your assurance this would never happen again.
    And as far as Israel is concerned, this has never happened ever since.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 03-24-10 at 11:03 AM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    So you're saying, Apoca, that the UK must have political reasons for doing this, versus solid evidence? It's basically just another anti-Jew conspiracy?

    Have I accurately summed up your argument? England just hates the Jews?

  8. #48
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So you're saying, Apoca, that the UK must have political reasons for doing this, versus solid evidence? It's basically just another anti-Jew conspiracy?

    Have I accurately summed up your argument? England just hates the Jews?
    ...Just when I thought you couldn't go any lower.

    I have never in this entire thread used the word "Jew", nor did I suggest anything close to anti-semitism, or even an anti-Israeli position.

    You are like those you-tube dwellers who post their dope of bullcrap and go to bed.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm afraid this one has to do more with Britain's own citizens.
    The Labour party faces a hard election, and a populist action was needed to boost its popularity.

    It's not a big deal, however, and cannot be compared with the diplomatic crisis(that is hopefully behind us) with the US.
    So, it wasn't your intention to imply that this was an anti-Semitic political position designed to appeal to the far left?

  10. #50
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: UK expels Israeli Diplomat

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, it wasn't your intention to imply that this was an anti-Semitic political position designed to appeal to the far left?
    No more than it was your intention to imply that 9/11 was an inside job and that you believe Osama bin Laden is motivated by just causes.

    Seriously, even replying to your awfully torn-off accusations is considered trolling.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •